• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Snowing and My Ink Is Messed up

In summary, when it's snowing outside, the moisture in the air can affect the ink on your paper, causing it to smudge or run. To prevent this, use waterproof or water-resistant ink and keep your workspace warm and dry. Using a sealant spray or thicker, more absorbent paper can also help protect your ink in snowy weather.
DebbieJ
I opened a BRAND NEW HP inkjet cartridge and it's DRY!!

UGH!!! I am SO pissed!

I can't really go get a new one right now because we got dumped with a TON of snow and I don't feel like driving in it.

GRRRRRRRR!!

Sorry Debbie. Hope the snow clears up so you can go get a new one.

Dry, like not filled, or dry like it is full and the ink isn't coming through the tips...

Dry, like it is full. The little protective plastic piece was in the box but not over the heads, so it all dried up.

I think I'm going to venture out to CVS (closest store) and just buy one so I can get through the afternoon.

That sucks Debbie! I'm sorry!;)

Dry, like it is full. The little protective plastic piece was in the box but not over the heads, so it all dried up.
Debbie you sound like you have the same luck as I do. Sorry to hear about that I know it is maddening. Valky

See if they'll exchange it for you if you describe the condition.

Oh, they WILL exchange it for me. But the whole point is it is a snowy day and I am NOT driving all the way back to Office Max today. This is why I buy extras to have on hand in the first place!

Sometimes another store that carries that brand will exchange the product for you. The money doesn't come out of the store's pocket. They just send it back to the company.

Related to It's Snowing and My Ink Is Messed up

1. Why is my ink smudging or running when it's snowing?

When it's snowing outside, the air tends to be more humid and moist. This moisture in the air can affect the ink on your paper, causing it to smudge or run. Also, if you have a drafty window or door near your workspace, it can let in cold air that can also affect the ink.

2. Is there a specific type of ink that works better in snowy weather?

Yes, there are certain types of ink that are more resistant to the effects of moisture and cold temperatures. Look for inks that are labeled as waterproof or water-resistant. These inks are designed to withstand moisture and will be less likely to smudge or run in snowy conditions.

3. How can I prevent my ink from smudging or running in the snow?

To prevent your ink from smudging or running, try keeping your workspace away from drafty areas and using a space heater to keep the air warm and dry. You can also try using a hairdryer on a low setting to quickly dry any wet spots on your paper. Additionally, using a waterproof or water-resistant ink can also help prevent smudging or running.

4. Can I still use regular ink in snowy weather?

While using regular ink in snowy weather is not ideal, it is still possible. Just be sure to keep your workspace dry and try to work quickly to avoid any moisture from affecting your ink. You can also try using a sealant spray designed for paper crafts to help protect your ink from the elements.

5. Will using a different type of paper make a difference in snowy weather?

Yes, the type of paper you use can make a difference in how your ink reacts to snowy conditions. Thicker, more absorbent papers are less likely to have issues with smudging or running. You can also try using a coated or waterproof paper to help protect your ink and prevent any unwanted smudging or running.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lmonninger