• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Getting Bigger Every Year!

In summary, Lisaamy's sister is coming home for Christmas and Lisaamy is not looking forward to it. Lisaamy's sister is critical and always has the perfect answers. Lisaamy's sister also told Lisaamy's dd that she was smart and could be smart if she read higher levels. Lisaamy's dd also drank a lot and her sister had just two weeks before asked if they had gotten dd what she wanted for her room.
amy07
I am very close in age with 3 of my cousins. About 5 years back the 4 of us started having a Christmas get-together with just our families. (Long story, same in a lot of families with fighting siblings {our parents}:grumpy:)
So when 2 other "adults" (my Dad & Uncle) found out, they wanted to come too. Been going pretty well, so this year I was feeling VERY ambitious and filled with the Spirit, and invited two other of the "adult" siblings (our aunts) and their families.

So, as of right now I will have 16 adults and 8 children (3-17) in my house this Saturday.:eek: 1 family coming from out of state and planning on staying with us. 3 families in state, but quite a drive so they may end up staying too.

What was I thinking?!?!?

You're thinking that relationships matter! I hope it all works out and you all have fun.

amy07 said:
So, as of right now I will have 16 adults and 8 children (3-17) in my house this Saturday.:eek:

I had that last Sunday for my son's birthday. Crazy, but good. Loved the fellowship and celebration.

I have all my employees plus whoever they bring. We have our staff party on the 22nd at our house. There should be about 40 or so people here!!!

Deb,
How'd it go?? Hope it went well and all the adults got along!! I was talking with friends and they said their Thanksgiving was a nigthtmare due to issues with parents and Aunts and Uncles or siblings of parents had.

My friend and her cousin said, well maybe we'll plan a cousin party for Christmas and have NO moms/dads etc. there, but feel bad that kids are missing time with grandparents and such.

I just wish, if only for 1 afternoon, everyone could and would let issues go!!

I'm not looking forward to my sister coming home for Christmas, as she's always so critical, but I keep saying, we've lost 3 aunts this year, I don't want my kids to miss out on time with Aunt Sheryl.

Problem is, I'm a "horrible" mom and she's ALWAYS got the perfect answers for everything (even when NOT asked) and her vast experience of being a fur-mom :rolleyes: is telling me how/what to do with my 3 dds.

No matter what, I had my one dd dressed wrong for family Christmas last year (she's 7 and dresses herself), I suggested and she wanted to wear what she did, I wasn't about to argue, not worth it, things didn't totally match, but she didn't look horrible.

Then my other dd was drinking allot, "Do you think she needs to drink that much?? Is she sick?? Does she need to be tested for diabetes?" Should she be drinking soda that much?? You do know that soda isn't a healthy drink" :eek: No really?? But they had already drank the milk I had brought and juice my aunt had and that's what was left and aunt's water is nasty, so soda was it. And she's saying this as she's got a SODA in her hand!!

She also told me in front of my dd (who was 8 last year) that i"t's too bad that Megan isn't reading higher levels, she COULD be a smart girl." :grumpy: I was so PO'd!! Megan is very smart and reads at higher grade level, but that day, brought a little Christmas story to read to Great Grandma and the littler kids that are there, and Aunt Sheryl slams her. I went up to Megan and tried to make her feel better, but wanted to smack my sister!!

Sorry to vent, but time is ticking and she'll be here soon.

So I hope everyone had a great time at your party and didn't start any new things.

Lisa

amy, i feel for ya!

lisa- you sis sounds like my brother! only he isn't so bad any more... but, my MIL on the other hand... wow, sounds like they could be twins!

Ha, my MIL is even worse, as long as hubby is around, she's so pleasant it's sickening, but when he's not the claws come out.

She does things out of spite, like having out the AG movie my dd asked Santa for and she knew Santa was bringing.......well it was conveniently left out on VCR at Thanksgiving. :grumpy: She knew dd hadn't seen it yet, and wanted to "steal" the thunder....that NANA got it and showed it to her first. Hubby says she wouldn't do that, but I know she did it that way!! That's just some of what she does.........she had just 2 weeks before asked if we'd gotten or planned to, as she wanted to get it for DD if we were not. So I had told her that was one Santa already had and was bringing her. Oh, well I REALLY wanted to get it for her, was her reply. I bought it week it came out and put it away and I'm supposed to return it?? I don't think so, but now I'm not sure if Santa should give it to dd or just Mom and dad??

Oh well.

Lisa

There were 15 people living in my house for a full week over Thanksgiving and all was well (so I am hoping your adventure was just as fun). I have 5 adult children (37-20) so there were 9 adults and 6 children aged 15-1. No fights (well except a few words between my oldest and his wife). Usually there's at least 1 short blow up with 5 young adult males in such close quarters. One thing we did different this year because we had a couple extra days this time, is we did a couple of day trips with them. Sleeping arrangements were interesting but it all worked out!

You can do anything for a couple days. I always say that 4 days is perfect - long enough to enjoy the company but short enough to not get sick of them.

As someone once said, fish and house guests begin to stink after three days. ;)

Related to It's Getting Bigger Every Year!

1. What is "It's Getting Bigger Every Year!"?

"It's Getting Bigger Every Year!" is a popular cookbook from Pampered Chef that features delicious and easy recipes for all occasions.

2. What types of recipes can I find in "It's Getting Bigger Every Year!"?

This cookbook includes a wide variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, desserts, and more. There are also recipes for special dietary needs, such as gluten-free and vegetarian options.

3. Are the recipes in "It's Getting Bigger Every Year!" beginner-friendly?

Yes, the recipes in this cookbook are designed to be easy to follow for cooks of all levels. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

4. Can I purchase "It's Getting Bigger Every Year!" online?

Yes, "It's Getting Bigger Every Year!" is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website. You can also find it at select retail locations.

5. Are there any special features in "It's Getting Bigger Every Year!"?

Yes, this cookbook includes features such as nutritional information for each recipe, cooking tips and techniques, and beautiful full-color photos of the finished dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies