1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: ISO Flounder or Tilapia recipe!

1. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

I have Tilapia for dinner tonight and wanted to try something. I usually drizzle lemon and garlic and bake in on the bar pan. Any suggestions?

Sep 19, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

Do you have any of the new honey maple sauce? Could make a glaze...

Sep 19, 2009
  3. AJPratt

AJPratt Legend Member Silver Member

No sauce here...

Sep 19, 2009
  4. chefcharity

Ok.. don't know why I'm stuck on this glaze thing... but how about this? I should be finding a recipe for my own dilema here!!! LOL!!

Maple-Glazed Salmon with Pineapple Salsa
    Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
    Prep Time: 10 min Inactive Prep Time: 1 hr 0 min Cook Time: 10 min Level:
    Intermediate Serves:
    4 servings Ingredients
    4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
    Marinade:
    1 tablespoon maple syrup
    1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
    1 tablespoon pineapple juice
    1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
    1 clove garlic, mashed
    Pineapple Salsa, recipe follows
    Directions
    Place salmon filets in a resealable plastic bag. Combine marinade ingredients in a non-reactive bowl or measuring cup. Pour marinade over filets and refrigerate from 1 to 24 hours.

In a grill basket sprayed with cooking spray, grill the salmon, skin side down, over hot coals. Flip after 2 to 3 minutes and cook for another 1 to 3 minutes, or until desired doneness. Serve with pineapple salsa spooned on the side.

Pineapple Salsa:
    1 medium size ripe tomato, chopped into small cubes

1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper

2 pickled jalapeno pepper slices, deseeded and finely chopped

1/2 cup pineapple chucks, fresh or canned

1 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon sugar

Place all ingredients in a small, non-reactive saucepan. Simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes. Cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve with the salmon.

Sep 19, 2009
  5. chefcharity

I know it says salmon, but think it should work with tilapia or flounder too

Sep 19, 2009
  6. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

We usually just spice them up and oven bake them. Or bread them in Panko bread crumbs!

Sep 19, 2009
  7. mmoran4pc

mmoran4pc Novice Member

yum!!!! Panko!!! Next best thing to corn flakes heehee

Sep 19, 2009
  8. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I have been using the pineapple salsa on my flounder/tilapia/mahi mahi and i really like it. Great way to not add a lot of calories, feel like I am eating more, and adds great flavor. My fav is having it on mahi mahi (my fav fish). Other than that, i just do salt and pepper - yeah I'm a bit boring.

Sep 19, 2009
  9. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

we just started using panko, they are really good!

Sep 19, 2009
  10. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

<---hijack here.

A guest asked if fish in the DCB would come out in the micro.....anyone know?

11. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

Mmm - great idea! I have some breaded flounder in the freezer that needs "something" - I'll have to try this! THANKS!

12. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I know it's late....but ran across this recipe and thought I'd share. It sounds yummy, fast and for $10 or less.....just as we like it!

Ingredients:
    1/4 cup mayonnaise
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    Salt 4 tilapia fillets (1 pound total)
    1 1/2 cups frozen corn,
    thawed 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges

Directions:preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish with 1 teaspoon of the mayonnaise mixture. Place the tilapia fillets in the baking dish and coat with the remaining mayonnaise mixture. Top with the corn.

Broil until the corn is lightly browned and the fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve with the lime wedges.

13. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I was wondering about using the new Creole seasoning on fish.... Ruby Tuesdays has a New Orleans Seafood that is Tilapia and Shrimp with a spicey seasoning on it and then topped with a parmesean sauce that is wonderful... I don't usually like baked or broiled fish (I'm a deep fried kind of gal, I know, horrible and fattening!) but I really liked it at Ruby Tuesdays, I wonder if our new Creole seasoning would compare to that... Has anyone tried it?

Sep 22, 2009
Have something to add?