• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Drop Cookie Recipe for Girl Scout Bake-Off!

In summary, Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies are a recipe that uses 3 cups of flour and 1 tablespoon of baking powder. They are also good with dark chocolate chips or no chocolate chips.
K_Jurich
Hello Everyone,
I am ISO a really good Drop Cookie recipe. My daughter is in Girl Scouts and they are doing a bake-off and each girl needs to submit a drop cookie made from scratch. I forget what we made last year but we made it to the second round. My daughter is really excited this year and want to make it further:yuck: so now I need to find a really good recipe. Any suggestion?:confused: Thanks is advance.

This is a recipe that's been around longer than I have and that's a long time. lol I don't know that it's a contest winner but it's easy and I've never come across anyone who didn't love them. Good luck to your daughter!

Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies

1 stick margarine
½ cup water
2 cups sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa

Bring to a boil and cook hard for ½ minute. Add ½ cup of peanut butter and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and add:

1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ½ cups one-minute oatmeal

Stir well and drop by spoonful onto waxed paper to cool and set.

I have a really great cookie recipe that is more of a Christmas flavor. But they are so very, very good. If you want the recipe I'll post it or send it to you. From Better Homes and Gardens, December '07: Ginger, Chocolate Chunk and Cherry cookies. (not sure of the real name right now)

My version of the "No-Bake Cookies" is:
2 cups sugar
1 stick butter
6 Tablespoons Cocoa
1/4 cup milk
Bring to a boil and let it boil for 1 minute.
Add, and stir in quickly:
3 cups oatmeal
1/4 cup peanut butter (optional)
1/4 cup sweetened cocunut (optional)
Drop with the small scoop onto wax/parchment paper.

What are the requirements for the recipe? Any limitations?

KellyTheChef said:
What are the requirements for the recipe? Any limitations?
No . . . just says from scratch and drop cookie

Jae, would you mind posting it? I love chocolate cherries so that would be a winner with me.

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't post it. lol

Chocolate Gingerbread Drops
1/2 cup shortening (I used butter)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups flour ( I added an extra 1/4 cup flour because I used butter)
1/2 cup dried tart cherries (chopped with chef's knife if needed)
3 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped into chunks (with chef's knife)

Preheat oven to 375. In large mixing bowl beat shortening with electric mixer on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, ginger, allspice, and salt; beat until combined. Beat in molasses and egg. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer; stir in any remaining flour with wooden spoon. Stir in cherries and chocolate.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets (I used stones, of course. I also used the medium scoop and didn't quite fill it.) Bake 8 minutes (much longer on a stone) or until bottoms are lightly browned. (I filled two large round stones and baked them at the same time for 15 minutes.) Transfer to wire rack to cool.

Still looking for some more options. . . .Anybody have any suggestions

We've had these before at my cousin's birthday party. It was a huge hit!

Monster Cookies

These crunchy cookies are packed full of fun ingredients, including butterscotch chips and crushed pretzel twists. Yum.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup safflower oil
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
3-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. salt
2-1/2 cups small pretzel twists, coarsely crushed
1-1/2 cups corn flakes cereal, slightly crushed
1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine sugars, butter, oil, vanilla and eggs and mix until fluffy. Add flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt and mix to blend. Add remaining ingredients.
Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes until cookies are light brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. 9 dozen cookies

This About.com page has been optimized for print. To view this page in its original form, please visit: Cruncny Monster Cookies Recipes - Drop Cookies Recipes

©2007 About.com, Inc., a part of The New York Times Company. All rights reserved.

Cruncny Monster Cookies Recipes - Drop Cookies Recipes
sdn=busycooks

Vanessa, those look super!

I know what recipe I want to post, I just need to go find it now, hold on a minute!

Here it is!! I have made these a TON of times! They are good with dark chocolate chips, and with no chocolate chips. If you use our large scoop, you will get beautiful bakery sized cookies!

Laura Bush’s Cowboy Cookies
Ingredients
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 tablespoon. baking powder
• 1 tablespoon baking soda
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, at room temperature
• 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 1/2 cups packed light-brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
• 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
• 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)

Directions
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Bake Time: 17 to 20 minutes
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies (see note below)
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
3. In 8-quart bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugars; beat to combine, 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
5. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Add chocolate chips, oats, coconut and pecans.
6. For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto ungreased baking sheets, spacing 3 inches apart.
7. Bake in 350 F oven 17 to 29 minutes, until edges are lightly browned; rotate sheets halfway through. Remove cookies from rack to cool.
Note: For 6 dozen small cookies, use 2 tablespoons dough for each. Bake at 350 F for 15 to 18 minutes.
Copyright 2000, Laura Bush

Between the monster cookies, cowboy cookies and the black and white cookie thread, I am craving cookies!!

I've had the cowboy cookies before, there are delish too.

1. What is the best type of flour to use for iso drop cookies?

The best type of flour to use for iso drop cookies is all-purpose flour. It has a moderate protein content and is versatile enough for most cookie recipes.

2. Can I substitute butter with oil in the iso drop cookie recipe?

Yes, you can substitute butter with oil in the iso drop cookie recipe. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the cookies may be slightly different.

3. Can I use gluten-free flour for the iso drop cookie recipe?

Yes, you can use gluten-free flour for the iso drop cookie recipe. Just make sure to use a 1:1 ratio and add a binding agent like xanthan gum to prevent the cookies from crumbling.

4. How do I prevent my iso drop cookies from spreading too much while baking?

To prevent your iso drop cookies from spreading too much while baking, make sure to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking. This will help the cookies hold their shape and result in a thicker, chewier cookie.

5. Can I freeze the dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the dough for later use. Simply shape the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the dough balls for about an hour, then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to bake, let the dough thaw in the fridge for a few hours before baking as directed in the recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • K_Jurich
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode