• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Seller an Ebay Offender?

In summary, In response to a question about whether it is acceptable for a husband to sell products on eBay for his wife, the Sales Director of Pampered Chef advises that if the husband wants to keep his wife from getting into trouble then he should remove the listings from Ebay. If the husband does not take down the listings then Career Solutions will be forced to take actions.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Check this guy out! He is selling stuff for his "Consultant" wife! Can that happen???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-Petite-Sq-set-of-4-NIB_W0QQitemZ200065412047QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3202QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Oh no! He's even advertising her website for her! This has got to be a voilation of PC policy. I know some of you know the policy much better than me!

I don't think that's acceptable......plus he's advertising for her!!!

I know huh!!! How do I report this or should I contact him first?

I want to say do both! But I'm one of those "RULES" kinda people. I would get the exact wording of the policy and then contact him with it and give him the chance to pull them.

PamperedChefDebi said:
I want to say do both! But I'm one of those "RULES" kinda people. I would get the exact wording of the policy and then contact him with it and give him the chance to pull them.
I just sent him a message saying that if he wants his wife not to get in some BIG trouble then he should remove the listings from Ebay as others are aware of it to. I want to give him a chance to say he had no idea.

Now let's see what he does with that info! I hope he doesn't leave it.

PamperedChefDebi said:
Now let's see what he does with that info! I hope he doesn't leave it.
If he does then I will report him. How do I do that? LOL

LOL! I don't know but I'm sure there's a way on CC.

I think you can provide the link to HO and they can address it.

there is not a link on the ebay listing, he says to email him and he will give you the link - I dont think that is a violation, however, selling current items on ebay is according to the consultant agreement under terms and agreements:

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale. I will present Company products in a truthful, sincere and honest manner, and I will conduct myself in a manner that reflects the highest standards of integrity and responsibility in keeping with the reputation of the Company.

Noelle Williams
Sales Director
Alabama

She obviously knows that she isn't supposed to sell stuff on eBay or her husband wouldn't have listed it for her. Even when DH is really supportive I don't see him plugging my website & outlet without my knowledge. I would send the link to HO and let them decide if it is breaking the rules or not. I think it is!!

You can send the link to the auction in an email to Field Services, and they will deal with it. I reported someone about 1 1/2 years ago who had an "auction" for signing as a consultant. I didn't even give her a chance to take it down - just reported it! Then HO knew to keep an eye out for her.

I think it's a sneaky way to avoid direct violation, IMO.

This guy obviously set up the ID to sell things for his wife. He's got 0 feedback!

Well, I sent the link to HO. I will let them deal with it. FRUSTRATING!:mad:

chefkristin said:
OOPS! I sent it to the Solution Center. Is that the same thing? I am totally clueless as you can tell.

I gets there faster if you send it to [email protected]

He took it down now, it says bidding has ended for this item. It's amazing what some people will do to try to get around the technicalities.

Great! Probably scared his wife to death!

nikkijo said:
He took it down now, it says bidding has ended for this item. It's amazing what some people will do to try to get around the technicalities.
Well that was quick now wasn't it??

She's the one who signed the consultant agreement, not him. I don't think she's in violation because he can ebay the stuff that he buys if he wants to. I agree, sneaky.

This is assuming that there really is a "him" selling on behalf of "her". Catch my drift.
Because why would you even bother referring to someone in the 3rd person unless you knew you were circumventing a rule.... hmm?????

chefkristin said:
Well that was quick now wasn't it??

When I looked at it earlier today, there was only 1h 20m left. So it could have ended on its own.

chefann said:
When I looked at it earlier today, there was only 1h 20m left. So it could have ended on its own.

Yeah, when I peaked earlier it already ended, with a winner.

I am sure HO will catch up with them, and if not I bet it scared them enough!!

I am also a firm believer that consultants list on eBay pretending to be a spouse just to get around the rule. No way around it really, but hopefully if we stay on top of it people will get too scared to list stuff!

1. What is an "Ebay Offender"?

An "Ebay Offender" refers to someone who violates the terms and conditions of Ebay's marketplace by engaging in fraudulent or illegal activities, such as selling counterfeit items or conducting unauthorized transactions.

2. How can I identify an Ebay Offender?

Some common signs of an Ebay Offender include suspiciously low prices, poor seller ratings and reviews, and requests for payment outside of Ebay's platform. It's always important to thoroughly research a seller before making a purchase to ensure their credibility.

3. What should I do if I suspect an Ebay Offender?

If you suspect that a seller on Ebay is an offender, you should report them to Ebay immediately. You can do this by clicking on the "Report Item" or "Report Seller" button on the listing page. Ebay will then investigate the seller and take appropriate action.

4. Can I get my money back if I purchase from an Ebay Offender?

If you have been scammed by an Ebay Offender, you may be able to get your money back through Ebay's Buyer Protection program. You can file a claim with Ebay and they will work to resolve the issue and potentially issue a refund.

5. Is there a way to avoid Ebay Offenders?

While there is no guaranteed way to avoid all Ebay Offenders, there are some steps you can take to minimize your risk. These include only purchasing from reputable sellers with high ratings, carefully reading product descriptions and seller policies, and avoiding suspiciously low prices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Chef Bobby
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ChefJWarren
  • General Chat
Replies