• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wow, They're Getting More and More Brassy on Ebay!

In summary, Kristen found an auction for a Snow Cone Maker that a PC consultant was selling on eBay. Kristen contacted the auction winner and asked her if she knew she could lose her consultant status if she sold products on eBay. The auction winner responded that she did not know and that it is in the consultant agreement. Kristen then reported the auction to Home Office.
kristenskitchen
Ok, I love eBay, I think its great and I'll admit that before I became a consultant and realized how much it hurt regular consultants, I bought a lot of Pampered Chef stuff on there. BUT, this takes the cake...I was looking for an outdated product (the snow cone maker???) for a customer and found this woman selling stuff on eBay who even states in her auction that she's a consultant!! Can I report her somehow?!?

~Kristen :mad:

Here's the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-LOT-Bamboo-spoon-set-Dipper-Mini-cup_W0QQitemZ4464453598QQcategoryZ20650QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope that works...if not, its auction #4464453598

Oh, by the way, does anyone know anything about the snow cone, ice shaver thingy? I'm trying to find it for a customer of mine. Thanks!!

~Kristen

I had the ice-shaver when my girls were little and gave it away to a friend - to be honest it is one of the few PC things I was not too crazy about. It took forever just to shave enough ice for one sno-cone. Others may like it - just my opinion.
As for ebay - did y'all see where people have broken up the sets of HWC cups and plates and they are going for $60 and $70 for one set!!!!
Its crazy.

I just sent HO the above link.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I have been purchasing the sets my hosts don't want...hmmm. Too bad I hate what Ebay does to Direct Sellers! :D

Kristen, as long as she is selling current items, you can report her!!! You can't for the ice shaver as that was discontinued!!! I would send an email to HO about it.

Okay, I just checked out the site. Click on her ME link and says that she is a PC consultant as well as a PartyLite consultant. Man, she really must not know the rules! :eek: Somebody should e-mail her first to give her a heads up. I really don't think she knows. Just my 2 cents.:eek:

I just got the ice shaver and my director laughed! She said that every time there's a mystery box at conference, there's an ice shaver in it. Its a good product, its just not versatile that you can use it for other things like so many of the other products.

I just emailed the seller a question: Did you know you could lose your status as a Consultant by selling Pampered Chef products on ebay?

Where do we report her to HO?

Wow!Well I just sent her an email as well. I told her she is only hurting her fellow consultants. That really irks me.:mad:

ice shaverI have the ice shaver and i love it. Its really nice for those SUPER hot days we have here in AZ. I cant seem to find the flavors that arent so sweet. I was getting the syrup at Target and at Walmart. Its also good for making "slushies" with soda pop or just plain juices.

Last edited:
AJPratt said:
I just got the ice shaver and my director laughed! She said that every time there's a mystery box at conference, there's an ice shaver in it. Its a good product, its just not versatile that you can use it for other things like so many of the other products.

Yep, I got one last year at conference...and haven't used it yet:eek:

I have it
kristenskitchen said:
Ok, I love eBay, I think its great and I'll admit that before I became a consultant and realized how much it hurt regular consultants, I bought a lot of Pampered Chef stuff on there. BUT, this takes the cake...I was looking for an outdated product (the snow cone maker???) for a customer and found this woman selling stuff on eBay who even states in her auction that she's a consultant!! Can I report her somehow?!?

~Kristen :mad:

I have it sitting in my closet and it has never been open. If you want it, you can email me at [email protected].

So, I emailed her and got a response when I asked her if she knew she could lose her consultant status. This was the response.
no i did not .... why are there so many people selling pampered chef on e-bay then...over 2000 daily?????!?!?!?!??

My response:
Saying you didn't know is a lame excuse. Its in the consultant agreement and I'm sure your director could tell you. Oh well, I guess its a risk you all take. And just because there are 2000 items daily, doesn't make it right. Some people sell discontinued items and supplies, while others, like you, unfairly undercut other consultants who are following the rules in their agreement. Don't worry about breaking the rules though, I'm sure you will be reported to the Home Office, if you haven't already been. So, you really don't have to worry anymore.

I just sent an email with a link to the auction and a copy of her information page. She's a dumba**. She gives her name and city.

Last edited:
While "I didn't know" is not a good excuse, perhaps she really didn't know. She may be fairly new and did not read all of the information she received. I still don't know all the rules and I have been with PC for 5 years. I still have to go and look stuff up. Someone should tell her that HO checks for that sort of thing and that there are people who sell there even though they know they aren't suppose to.

Shawnna said:
She may be fairly new and did not read all of the information she received.

Wow 5 years! I know there lots that I still need to learn, but this is something that hurts all of us. AND, its in the consultant agreement she signed. Its actually condition #1. You can't just sign something and not read it. Like running any business, you need to know what your responsibilities are. And besides, there has been such a hooplah about ebay, I don't see how someone could miss it.

Here is another one as well,
Don't know how to let HO know so if anyone else has a clue feel free.
Item number: 4466739898 I also don't know how to attach a short cut to this post.

It is amazing how these people "don't know" that it is wrong to do this.. :mad: Ignorance is not an excuse, and I think Home Office should really do something to these folks.. I mean, if we all did this, we could really get alot of customers, but we choose to go about the business the RIGHT way.. Just my opinion. Thanks for letting me vent.

smarteez2 said:
Here is another one as well,
Don't know how to let HO know so if anyone else has a clue feel free.
Item number: 4466739898 I also don't know how to attach a short cut to this post.

I usually just Copy the page from the address bar and then paste it when I do it, I don't know how they do the fancy stuff like click here, and the here is in a different color and you click on the here and :eek: up pops the website they were talking about. I thought I was a bit computer savvy, but sometimes not. I haven't tried to poke around and figure it out, I know there is a thing when you post that says insert link, but haven't a clue why or what it does :rolleyes:

Okay, that is ridiculous! That really makes me mad! :mad: I'm calling HO right now over this one.:mad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4466739898&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fws%2Fsearch%2FSaleSearch%3Fsofocus%3Dbs%26satitle%3D4466739898%26sacat%3D-1%2526catref%253DC5%26amp%253Bsspagename%3Dh%253Ah%253Aadvsearch%253AUS%26from%3DR7%26nojspr%3Dy%26pfid%3D0%26fsop%3D1%2526fsoo%253D1%26fcl%3D3%26frpp%3D50%26fvi%3D1

The way to tell HO is to go to Consultants Corner, click on Managing Your Business (far left tab) > Home Office Contacts > Home Office Emails > Field Service. Just tell them you saw this on Ebay. Highlight the URL (http://www.blah.blah) hit Ctrl. C together - this copies - then place your cursor in the email box on CC and hit Ctrl. V together - this pastes. HTH

I just checked the listing and she is not listing anything right now. I wonder if she got called on it. Hehehe. *insert devil icon here*

GOOD! The wait to talk to HO is an hour right now so I never got to talk to them but man, the nerve of her. :eek:

cmdtrgd said:
I just checked the listing and she is not listing anything right now. I wonder if she got called on it. Hehehe. *insert devil icon here*

I know we really do need some more icons on here, lol. I checked it out too, and she's not the first one of these I have seen.

jdavis said:
I know we really do need some more icons on here, lol. I checked it out too, and she's not the first one of these I have seen.

I also noticed that she had 10 items up for sale, no purchases, and listing ended. :D

I sent this one an email, too. And I sent it to HO.

I am sick and tired of hearing "I didn't know" Ummm.... ITS CONDITION #1 in the agreement. Are you kidding me?

Here's the Field Services E-mail: [email protected]

Last edited:
Yeah,When I saw her I immediately sent her an e-mail telling her that I just reported her for violation of her contract with Pampered Chef. Period. :eek:) I have never said or done anything for stuff like this before but that was brassy. Of course I hadnt actually reported her cause I didnt know how but she doesnt need to know that!! LOL

I reported her too, and then sent her an email asking her if she was aware that she was in violation of her agreement. Apparently I got to her after a few of you.. I haven't heard from her, and doubt that any of us will. I just check on there, there is SO much on there, and so much NIB of the new stuff, gotta be consultants.. If there is someone in HO that just sits around and checks ebay, they should be really busy.

Too bad she wasn't stupid enough to put her consultant number on her posting. :(

cmdtrgd said:
Too bad she wasn't stupid enough to put her consultant number on her posting. :(

that would have been something, but at least she had her name (first) and city.. That should help HO some. IF they do anything at all.

Even Worse ThingsI think these people who try to sell on Ebay are bad, but even worse is the consultant who stole the PC recipe for the Pillsbury Bake Off and won $10,000!

Go to Pilssbury.com and this years bake off. Then look under the category winners. She won the "new you" category.

I don't know how she can feel right about it! The only thing she changes was the fruit on top!

Not sure if she is on these threads or not, but she should be ashamed of herself.

I'm going to write to Pillsbury about it. In the show (which was on last weekend on the Food Network) they said they look for "originality." They need to start looking at the PC recipes!

This is just sad I think. Not sure what everyone else thinks.

Rhonda B.

pampchefrhondab said:
I think these people who try to sell on Ebay are bad, but even worse is the consultant who stole the PC recipe for the Pillsbury Bake Off and won $10,000!

Go to Pilssbury.com and this years bake off. Then look under the category winners. She won the "new you" category.

I don't know how she can feel right about it! The only thing she changes was the fruit on top!

Not sure if she is on these threads or not, but she should be ashamed of herself.

I'm going to write to Pillsbury about it. In the show (which was on last weekend on the Food Network) they said they look for "originality." They need to start looking at the PC recipes!

This is just sad I think. Not sure what everyone else thinks.

Rhonda B.
Who was the winner? Karen Mack? It looked like there were a couple winners in that "New You" category. How do you know she is a consultant? I didn't see that anywhere on the website, so maybe it was mentioned on the Food Network show. I guess I'm just curious because I'm thinking anyone could have known about the PC recipe and tweaked it. Or it's possible, I suppose, to make something like this up on your own. I wish I would have seen the show. Maybe it'll be on again. Oooh, I just checked, it'll be on again today and tomorrow.:)

I am pretty sure there is somewhere on ebay where companies can get the sale of their products prohibited - could be the VERO thing here?

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html

All I know is that a friend of mine once got her listing removed and a warning on her ebay account for trying to sell Weight Watcher's Point-o-meter thing.

I can't find the area where they list these things -

I did see the Pillsbury Bake off and I saw Karen Macks recipe but what PC recipe are you comparing it to? I just went on the Pillsbury site and had to check it out again but I'm not sure which one you're talking about?:confused:

Actually TPC has a page on there, unlike the other companies that refrain from their products being sold, TPC says that consutlants cannot sell, and that they do not back any warrenties and that those products being sold may be defective. But it says that the pictures, wording (ie; description, warrenty, etc) is copyrighted and cannot be used. So technically, most of the people selling ebay could be turned in b/c of the wording that they use.

Here is the page
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=unauthorizedtpcsales123

Not sure that it will work, but tried it anyway.:)

PampMomof3 said:
I did see the Pillsbury Bake off and I saw Karen Macks recipe but what PC recipe are you comparing it to? I just went on the Pillsbury site and had to check it out again but I'm not sure which one you're talking about?:confused:
I'm assuming it's being compared to the Strawberry Bruschetta that I think was in the Season's Best last spring/summer. I've never made it, but that's the most similar one I could think of. I didnt' see the Bake Off stuff, so I'm not exactly refer what Rhonda B. is refering to.:confused:

I LOVE THAT PAGE!!! I am going to send emails regarding ebay sales to the addess on the page.

Did you see that the one consultant says she's an "Individual" Kitchen Consultant? Also, it made me wonder... Does anyone still use the word "Kitchen" in their title since PC changed it?

AJPratt said:
I LOVE THAT PAGE!!! I am going to send emails regarding ebay sales to the addess on the page.

Did you see that the one consultant says she's an "Individual" Kitchen Consultant? Also, it made me wonder... Does anyone still use the word "Kitchen" in their title since PC changed it?

I still use "kitchen" only out of habit, and probably always will.

I just went to the Pillbury site to check it out and I'm not sure if it's a copy of a PC recipe:confused: I have always played around with Pillbury products and have come up with recipes similar to PC. I have always found it kind of funny after joining PC. If she did I wonder if she'll spend her winnings on PC products:p

I actually just took a book out from the library that was from Pillsbury and it has many recipes that are much like PC's. Now who came up with what first who knows. The book is called Dough Magic.

Yes well,Back in the day pillsbury and PC were teamed up on things. I looked through my old KCN and there are coupons for pillsbury products used for PC recipes. Granted I think they were only in the KCN but all the same...

Yes, the winner was Karen Mack. I know she is a consultant because she posted on another thread about wanting everyone (all of us PC consultants) to vote for her recipe. If you voted you also had a chance to win money. She admitted it was a PC recipe which she "changed" and was getting great reviews about it at her shows. And yes it was the Strawberry Bruschetta from last year's Season's Best.

You are correct, customers could also copy a PC recipe, but she is/was a consultant.

If you get a chance, watch the repeat of it on Food Network.

kristenskitchen said:
Here's the link to the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-LOT-Bamboo-spoon-set-Dipper-Mini-cup_W0QQitemZ4464453598QQcategoryZ20650QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope that works...if not, its auction #4464453598

Oh, by the way, does anyone know anything about the snow cone, ice shaver thingy? I'm trying to find it for a customer of mine. Thanks!!

~Kristen

Well, this post was placed on 5/27/06 and today, here is what that same consultant is listing....

http://stores.ebay.com/Happyface43s-Closet_PAMPERED-CHEF_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ1687983QQftidZ2QQtZkm

do they ever learn?

I guess its the risk they take. Just send the link to the HO emai address.

Our Pampered Chef Strawberry Bruschetta calls for these ingredients:

20 slices French bread, cut 1/4 inch thick
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon Pantry Korintje Cinnamon
1 lemon
1 container (8 ounces) cream cheese spread
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 cups strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped
1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
Additional powdered sugar (optional)

Karen Mack's Blackberry-Almond Bruschetta uses these:
1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crusty French loaf
Butter-flavor cooking spray
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 package (8 oz) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
1 to 2 teaspoons almond extract
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 bag (10 oz) Cascadian Farm® Organic frozen blackberries, thawed, well drained
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted, coarsely chopped*
3 tablespoons powdered sugar

Her recipe is different enough to make it more of her own thing. It it totally "PC inspired" ... but lots of winners of Pillsbury recipe contests have taken what was used before and changed it to their own version. It's pretty cheap to not come up with a totally original recipe, but I don't know how far Pillsbury checks into those things.

stephanieboyd said:
Kristen, as long as she is selling current items, you can report her!!! You can't for the ice shaver as that was discontinued!!! I would send an email to HO about it.

Actually it's not ok for consultants to sell retired items on Ebay either - HO has VERY strict policies about it.

Retired/Discontinued ItemsI was under the impression that retired or discontinued items were allowed to be sold on eBay by consultants. If anyone knows where I can verify the validity of this, I'd like to know.

And about the VERO thing, Pampered Chef doesn't allow their name"The Pampered Chef" to be used in eBay listings, but Pampered Chef is not copyrighted. I got into it with the VERO dept at eBay when reselling some consultant supplies.

As long as your a Consultant you shouldn't sell ANYTHING related to PC on ebay. I guess fellow consultants tolerate discontinued stuff, but is not ok with PC.

Consultant Agreement
pamperedmimi said:
I was under the impression that retired or discontinued items were allowed to be sold on eBay by consultants. If anyone knows where I can verify the validity of this, I'd like to know.

It is #1 on the Terms and Conditions of Independent Consultant Agreement.

As an Independent Consultant, I understand and agree:

1. I will promote and sell Company products to customers by regularly holding Cooking Shows. I will not sell Company products on unauthorized Web sites on the internet or in any public, retail or service establishments. I will not sell Company products for resale....

And it is in the Recipe for Success in Policies and Procedures.

"You may not sell any Pampered Chef products- current or discontinued-though online auction houses (like eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered Chef personal web site."

Hope that helps.

I tried emailing about someone selling and it bounced back. There isn't a field service link in CC and I tried the direct email address... how else can we report? I’ve noticed several PC items on eBay being sold by one person. Way too many for them not to be a consultant: spoiledrottenchef 38 items...

the field service email and all other email addresses have been rolled into one [email protected]

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hmolah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kat29
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Dee Ryan
  • General Chat
Replies