• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share

In summary, ebay sellers are putting products up for more than the catalog price. The HWC guest products last night were for sure consultant only items. Someone is bidding on a tablecloth for just $61.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I was browsing ebay while I was bored this morning and ran across this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/PAMPERED-CHEF-Consultant-Bag-Catalog-Window-RARE_W0QQitemZ320235880052QQihZ011QQcategoryZ20651QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

They are calling the catalog tote "RARE" and are even giving you the unstamped catalog in the front pocket for free! Crazy thing is the bag is going for more than you can buy it on the supply order!!:yuck:

By the way, I reported someone selling the HWC guest products last night also. Don't worry, I'm not going around trying to find these things on ebay. Just something always pops up and makes me laugh.

I've noticed most of the stuff on there sells for more than it would if they bought it from a consultant! HA! HA! Serves them right!

As P.T. Barnum is credited for saying (who knows if he really said it or not) "There's a sucker born every minute," and someone else added, "...and two to take advantage of him."ETA: Barnum didn't say it, a competitor said it, hoping to discredit him. The phrase has also been attributed to Mark Twain.

Last edited:
buckeyefan08 said:
I've noticed most of the stuff on there sells for more than it would if they bought it from a consultant! HA! HA! Serves them right!
I see products all the time that end up being more than out of the catalog and more shipping. People already complain about $4 shipping, why would some people want to pay more.

All this still reminds me of my host last September. She bragged at a show that she got her daughter's cookware on ebay for way less than the catalog price, now her daughter had better cookware than she did. She shut up as soon as I mentioned she could have a show and get it for even cheaper!

They also had 35 HWC pins for around $15. I cannot remember how much they are to buy on the supply order but $15 seemed like a lot!

HWC pins are $2.50 for a pack of 15 pins on the supply order

elizabethfox said:
HWC pins are $2.50 for a pack of 15 pins on the supply order
See, I knew they weren't that expensive! I just ordered two packs last night because they are such a great deal.

wadesgirl said:
I see products all the time that end up being more than out of the catalog and more shipping. People already complain about $4 shipping, why would some people want to pay more.

All this still reminds me of my host last September. She bragged at a show that she got her daughter's cookware on ebay for way less than the catalog price, now her daughter had better cookware than she did. She shut up as soon as I mentioned she could have a show and get it for even cheaper!
Plus her daughter doesn't get the warranty!

I saw this and it cracked me up too! Sometimes you have to wonder about people. :rolleyes:

Okay...I have to admit, I decided to go look what PC stuff is on ebay and laugh a bit at the prices. Lifetime warranty...no...I'll save a little money and hope it gets here!! Someone paying SO FAR only $4 under the direct ship cost for a stone. You KNOW the bidding goes up many times at the last minute and the HWC tablecloth...need one? There is one for JUST $61! Yikes. Dang...I wish I didn't love pink!!

Jules711 said:
Okay...I have to admit, I decided to go look what PC stuff is on ebay and laugh a bit at the prices. Lifetime warranty...no...I'll save a little money and hope it gets here!! Someone paying SO FAR only $4 under the direct ship cost for a stone. You KNOW the bidding goes up many times at the last minute and the HWC tablecloth...need one? There is one for JUST $61! Yikes. Dang...I wish I didn't love pink!!
I have actually seen people promote warranties on ebay. I was curious and emailed one about the cookware. She said as long as I tell her before we cloes the auction she'll send me a PC receipt! :eek:

KG, I reported the HWC guest specials last night because those were for sure consultant only items. I'm at work so I cannot report anyone else. Someone else can if they want too.

Well, my guess is that they MAY be putting it on a show. They could direct ship a 1/2 price item or something like that I suppose? Not exactly legitimate, but feasible. I mean, I love that idea in a way. Post the products (for those that just don't get that we have websites) for the ACTUAL price and put them on a show :). Of course, that's what I have my website for!! I have met several people that have ordered online (through the PC website) and are excited to find a local consultant. I've done several things (including charity fundraiser expos) in this town but that doesn't mean everyone knows it. Ebay is for those that don't realize that you can get stuff ANYTIME through PC. Poor, poor people! It really irks me when it's something that I can't actually sell yet though. I saw a pink bar board sell for like $30 or something!! Hello...that was about $8.50!! Okay...okay...back to work.

I never go over there but just did...

There's one person there who even has her PWS right on the page!:eek: She's the one that has a red apron as a backdrop for her pics.

E-bay shipping is outrageous ... I've been shopping for a memory card for my cel phone. Shipping alone on those puppies is $9! Now I understand a larger item might cost more to ship and it's priority mail and all that, but have you SEEN how small these puppies are? They can send it to me FIRST CLASS for 42 cents!

They go for $30 or more in the store and the actual price of the item is like 99 cents ... so I think that's how they make up for their losses.

BethCooks4U said:
I never go over there but just did...

There's one person there who even has her PWS right on the page!:eek: She's the one that has a red apron as a backdrop for her pics.
REPORT HER.

[email protected]

If there's a PWS link in the auction, you can email it to [email protected]. Otherwise, report all eBay auctions that you suspect are consultants (or in cahoots with a consultant) to [email protected].

It'll get forwarded to the right person, but it might take a day. No big deal.

I recieved a HO lead last week from a women who's daughter had purchased the Mandoline for her. Asked if I could stop by and show her how it worked. It wasn't too much out of my way, so I grabbed a couple potatoes, and made an appointment to stop by. Showed her how to use it, she had already decided she didn't like it, so I told her if she could get the reciept we could do something about it. Next day called me to tell me her daughter had bought it off e-bay!!!! Still wanted me to send it back for her!! I tried to be as nice as I could about it, she was insistant. She didn't understand why PC wouldn't stand behind their products!! I finally gave her the HO phone number, let them be the bad guys!! Obvously I'm not going to get any future business from her! (Still want those HO leads???)

pjpamchef said:
I recieved a HO lead last week from a women who's daughter had purchased the Mandoline for her. Asked if I could stop by and show her how it worked. It wasn't too much out of my way, so I grabbed a couple potatoes, and made an appointment to stop by. Showed her how to use it, she had already decided she didn't like it, so I told her if she could get the reciept we could do something about it. Next day called me to tell me her daughter had bought it off e-bay!!!! Still wanted me to send it back for her!! I tried to be as nice as I could about it, she was insistant. She didn't understand why PC wouldn't stand behind their products!! I finally gave her the HO phone number, let them be the bad guys!! Obvously I'm not going to get any future business from her! (Still want those HO leads???)
Wow! Silly people, wonder what HO told her!

pjpamchef said:
I would have explained that PC DOES stand behind their products, just when purchased properly! ...and then tell her daughter to contact the seller to stand behind their products!It's a pain from a company perspective - we have to deal with that a lot! People buy things from E-bay then come to us for support! Even things MADE by other companies that we just sell...no sign that they EVER came through us.

Di_Can_Cook said:
E-bay shipping is outrageous ... I've been shopping for a memory card for my cel phone. Shipping alone on those puppies is $9! Now I understand a larger item might cost more to ship and it's priority mail and all that, but have you SEEN how small these puppies are? They can send it to me FIRST CLASS for 42 cents!

They go for $30 or more in the store and the actual price of the item is like 99 cents ... so I think that's how they make up for their losses.

The shipping is set be each seller.

SassyCook said:
The shipping is set be each seller.
That's actually how a lot of eBay sellers avoid fees, by selling low and then making up the difference in shipping. eBay charges fees on the selling price, but not shipping.

1. What is "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share"?

"Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" is a line of humorous kitchen products from Pampered Chef that are perfect for entertaining and gift-giving.

2. What types of products are included in the "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" line?

The "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" line includes kitchen tools, serving pieces, and decor items with funny and witty designs. Examples include aprons, mugs, and dish towels.

3. Are "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" products only for cooking?

No, the "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" line offers a variety of products that can be used for cooking, serving, and decorating. They are great for adding a touch of humor to any kitchen or dining room.

4. Can I personalize "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" products?

Yes, many of the "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" products can be personalized with names, initials, or custom messages. This makes them great gifts for friends and family.

5. Where can I purchase "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" products?

You can purchase "Cracked Me Up, Just Thought I Would Share" products through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. They are also available at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chef2you
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
milkangel
  • chefamanda
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
Back