• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Way to Select Contacts by State?

In summary, the speaker is trying to prepare labels for a holiday open house and wants to only invite in-state contacts. They are asking if there is a way to easily deselect out-of-state contacts without having to go through them manually. The other person suggests using the option to deselect all then select by state on the little screen that pops up when selecting contacts for the label run. However, the speaker does not see this option and is having trouble with the process.
dwyerkim
Hi--I am getting ready to run labels for a holiday open house, and I would like to invite all of my in-state contacts (I have lots of out of state folks from catalog shows). Is there a way to do this? I hate the idea of having to go through them by hand and deselect any out of state people. Thanks for the help!

(This is weird, because I remember typing a response to this last night, and it's not here now.)Disclaimer - I have to log off, reboot my computer, and the start P3, which is a total pain the the tushie, so I'm typing this without the program up in front of me. ;)In PP, there's an option to deselect all then select by state. I haven't looked for it in P3, but hopefully it's there. It would be on the little screen that pops up to pick which contacts you want to include in the label run.Sorry that isn't more detailed. :rolleyes:

chefann said:
(This is weird, because I remember typing a response to this last night, and it's not here now.)

Disclaimer - I have to log off, reboot my computer, and the start P3, which is a total pain the the tushie, so I'm typing this without the program up in front of me. ;)

In PP, there's an option to deselect all then select by state. I haven't looked for it in P3, but hopefully it's there. It would be on the little screen that pops up to pick which contacts you want to include in the label run.

Sorry that isn't more detailed. :rolleyes:

I don't see that... when I deselect all, then the option to do anything (the next button) disappears. When I leave all selected and move forward, it looks like it is just going to print.

1. How can I select contacts by state using the Pampered Chef system?

To select contacts by state in the Pampered Chef system, you can use the "Filter" function. In the Contacts tab, click on "Filter" and select "State" from the dropdown menu. This will allow you to choose the specific state you want to filter by.

2. Can I select multiple states at once when filtering contacts?

Yes, you can select multiple states at once by holding down the "Ctrl" button on a PC or the "Command" button on a Mac while clicking on each desired state. This will filter your contacts to only those residing in the selected states.

3. Is there a way to save a list of contacts filtered by state?

Yes, you can save a list of contacts filtered by state by clicking on the "Save Filter" button after applying your desired state filter. This will allow you to easily access this filtered list in the future.

4. Can I export a list of contacts filtered by state?

Yes, you can export a list of contacts filtered by state by first applying the state filter, then clicking on the "Export" button. This will download a CSV file of your filtered contacts that you can open in a spreadsheet program.

5. Is there a way to select contacts from multiple states without manually selecting each state?

Yes, you can use the "Advanced Search" function to select contacts from multiple states at once. In the Contacts tab, click on "Advanced Search" and select "State" from the available search criteria. Then, choose the specific states you want to include in your search and click on "Search Now" to generate a list of contacts from those states.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • hcjeep
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Bren706