• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the warranty for these cookware products lifetime or 3 years?

In summary, the customer is dissatisfied with the new way PC is handling the Cookware Policy and is wondering if she can replace the pan with the 8" Stainless Saute Pan.
pampered1224
Silver Member
What was the warranty on these? Were these lifetime or 3 years? Want to be informed before I call HO.

Lifetime =)

That is what I thought - Thank you so much!!

Does anybody know when it came out? I have a host who THINKS it was professional but wonders if it might actually be Gen II

You can tell them apart by their style: GenII is more "rounded" and the Professional looks like something you'd see in a restaurant - straighter and higher-appearing sidewalls and a brushed-like finish.

And, it should say Professional right on the bottom.

What a total pain in the rear!! After all the questions and the MAYBE about replacing it from HO, my host does not want the $3.44 replacement!! She wants to know if she can replace it with the 8" Stainless Saute Pan! She NEVER wants our non-stick cookware again!!! Not to mention that this is a $1000 host for me. She is very upset and is thinking of making everyone she knows how hard it is to return things to PC. We are now no better than Wal*Mart and they will take back almost anything without a problem. In fact, she threw my own words back at me. When I did her first party well over two years ago, one of the things I said about our warranty was, "and try doing that at Kohl's or K-mart". Well she's got me. We are much hard to return things too now in her eyes. CRAP!!!

EVERYONE who has had these issues with the new way PC is handling the Cookware Policy needs to write a letter. NOT just an email (although maybe both).John- I'd let HO know this...and I don't mean just regular customer service. If there is a way to get up the food chain- straight to a sales manager like Dan or Jean even!

John, what happened to the pan that she wants it replaced?

So...HO told her she can "maybe" get a replacement UPGRADE to the exec cookware for $3.44? Has she SEEN the exec? I"m sorry, but I have a few Prof pieces and if I were a customer, I'd be HAPPY to pay $3.44 for an upgrade. I think they are better quality! What is turning her off of the nonstick altogether and how long has she had it? If it's the Prof pan, it has to be longer than 3 yrs or so.

Now, while I don't agree w/ the hoops we and the customers have to jump through after all these years of being told one thing about the cookware, I do think that maybe your customer is jumping the gun a bit by refusing to pay a little more for that great pan. (and heck, if I were you, I"d think about paying it myself to keep her happy)

Just remember-- if she gets the stainless you better train her on how to use it or else you will be having this same conversation after she uses it a few times...probably incorrectly because everyone who buys the stainless from me, I have to tel them how to keep food from sticking, esp if they are used to only having nonstick cookware.

When someone asks what happens when something that's got a lifetime warranty (like the cookware) is discontinued, I tell them that the warranty will be honored, but they will probably need to pay a nominal amount to upgrade to whatever the current item is. Frankly, while I know your customer is ticked, this just makes sense.

chefa said:
You can tell them apart by their style: GenII is more "rounded" and the Professional looks like something you'd see in a restaurant - straighter and higher-appearing sidewalls and a brushed-like finish.

I had a lady bring one of the rounded style with the helper handle so must have been like the 12" family skillet, no receipt (or at least didn't think she had it) wanted to know what to do because it had bowed in the bottom and no longer touched the burner. I told her to call the number on the back of her receipt. Since it probably was GenII what was the warranty on that line - just out of curiousity?

GEN II had a 3 yr warranty and has been discontinued longer than that.

Well, guess she will find that out when she calls....:blushing:

1. What makes Pampered Chef's professional cookware different from other brands?

Pampered Chef's professional cookware is made with high-quality materials and features a unique design that allows for even heat distribution and precise cooking. It also has a non-stick surface that makes cleaning up a breeze.

2. Can I use Pampered Chef's professional cookware on all types of stovetops?

Yes, our professional cookware is designed to be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. It is also safe to use in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Is the professional cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, our professional cookware is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong its lifespan and maintain its non-stick surface.

4. How durable is Pampered Chef's professional cookware?

Our professional cookware is made with high-quality materials and is designed to withstand daily use in a busy kitchen. With proper care, it can last for years.

5. Can I use metal utensils with Pampered Chef's professional cookware?

We do not recommend using metal utensils with our professional cookware, as it can scratch the non-stick surface. We recommend using wooden, silicone, or plastic utensils for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefmelody
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PC1
  • esavvymom