• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Taste of Home Cooking School coming to your town? Find out here!

In summary, Jennifer did a booth last year at this - with pretty good success - she is still getting bookings that resulted from shows booked from this - and two led to a recruit. Cindy thinks the event is busy enough and that three or four consultants could do it togther.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I did a booth last year at this - with pretty good success - I am still getting bookings that resulted from shows booked from this - and two led to a recruit. Click here

http://www.tasteofhomeschools.com/
read about it - then click on Show Schedule to see if they are coming to your town or someplace nearby!

They're coming to my area! Woohoo!

who do you contact to set-up a booth ?

They're coming to my town too! I just sent off an email asking for booth info! Thanks so much.

How much was the booth? They are coming to my area in Oct, & I was thinking about going....didn't know we could do a booth:) Let us know more details please!

I had to go thru my newspaper which sponsored it, for my booth. There is no need to email TOH. I believe it was $250 which isnt cheap but I split it with another consultant. It was worth it. We set up in the afternoon around 3. The auditorium opened at 5pm. Booths were only for 2 hours and they stormed our PC Booth! We were the most popular - I think because this was already a cooking expo. After this, we took everything down and were able to watch the TOH Show for free (it was $10 for attendees). It was great - a picture is on their website - but it was basically tons of people - very high-tech - they have audio and video going and big TV screens of them demoing all these recipes and you get a TOH magazine with all the recipes featured. The presenter was very funny. There is a different one for each region of the country. Also we had to donate a $25 prize. I gave a food chopper with a SB with my info inside the SB, hoping for a lead. The funny part is the person that won my chopper was the sister of another consultant - oh well - I laughed! Of all the people in there! It was definitely a fun evening and so different from our little intimate PC cooking shows!

Wow! Funny thing is, the one in my area - is near my OLD neighborhood, LOL - but it's still a decent drive. Once I'm in contact with a hospitality director, I'll have to see if anyone else is interested in going in on it with me! I'll be qualified by then! :)

jenniferp417 said:
Wow! Funny thing is, the one in my area - is near my OLD neighborhood, LOL - but it's still a decent drive. Once I'm in contact with a hospitality director, I'll have to see if anyone else is interested in going in on it with me! I'll be qualified by then! :)

JENNIFER - just had to say HI! I grew up in Perry, so when I saw where you were from I just had to smile and say hello! One of my best friends growing up was from Laingsburg!

CINDY - A couple of questions about the TOH school -
1. Do you think that now that they have their own Home Party plan, PC may get the shaft a little at the show? (Like - will they be recommending their stuff over ours during the presentation, etc?)
2. Is this a busy enough event that 3-4 consultants could do it togther?

Well, that stinks! There is NOTHING coming to Florida at this time!:(

Oh, wow, Becky, that's cool! :) Small world!

OMG BeckyD I did not even think of that! But to be honest, they need all the sponosors/booth space they can in order to rent the space - so I dont see how they can legally turn you away. Our products are different than thiers anyway, but that is a good question.

I think it is busy enough! There were 2 of us and we had 2 LONG tables that we set up sorta in a wide "V" shape with all the Fall Products and oldie stuff too. There were times when it was all we could do to keep up, so 3 or 4 consultants would be nice No Demo - there is not time. We just answered questions and let them touch the products. We each had the 6 qt stainless steel bowl for the survey slips - I had a flyer displayed in a frame that said "register to win $25 in Pampered Chef" and that really got them to register. We had people from all over - our town is sorta central to lots of other smaller towns. When it was over - we just divided up all the survey slips - she lives in another town, so we took the ones convenient to us. Threw out the NO's and those that left no phone number or email of course. I dont know how they expected to win! My winner also booked a show, she was so excited when I told her she had won! She just added on the $25 to her host benefits and ended up with a $600 show, so I definitely got my investment back!

Thanks for sharing Cindy! I may have to call the local newspaper & see about a booth!:)

WOW, how crazy! I just called the paper office, & the booths are already sold out! She said there is only room for 4 booths & hadn't even advertised it yet....so if one's coming your way, call now!;)
They did say though, that I could stick some business cards & small goodie if I wanted...in their goodie bags they give everyone that comes. She said she'd need 1100!! It costs $50, so it might be worth it to do that!

Last edited:
There's 5 within the area in which i would travel too!!!!!

Thanks for posting and letting me know about it!!!!

I'm helping with a booth there next month. I CAN'T WAIT!!

I just got the email back from the cable company that is sponsoring our TOH show...the MINIMUM cost for a booth is $7000! It includes 6 months of advertising on the cable stations. I can't believe it! Or I could get the premier package and pay $20,000! I'm speechless...

Oh. My.Go for the premium package. Just kidding...Wow. I'm speechless.

Whoa! That is RIDICULOUS!!!

I called for info on the one near me and she's sending it in the mail. I sure hope it's not as much!

I was at a Director's meeting in January and one lady was freaking out about The Taste of Home Cooking Schools. She is Extremely worried that they are going to be our biggest competion, EVER! She had a friend sign up to sell and was very negative about it.

Personally, I called the closest ones listed and I am going to try and get my group involved. We are going to sell our warranty, our commitment to the family, our time tested quality of products, our amazing host package, and the absolutely best direct sales job in the world!

I had heard they were going to start in the little towns first, then work their ways to the larger cities. Check it out. I don't see any major cities. The closest one is about an hour away from me. I hope no one else gets it because I want to be there every day!

PampMomof3 said:
Well, that stinks! There is NOTHING coming to Florida at this time!:(

Nothing in NJ either...oh well.

jenwallace said:
I just got the email back from the cable company that is sponsoring our TOH show...the MINIMUM cost for a booth is $7000! It includes 6 months of advertising on the cable stations. I can't believe it! Or I could get the premier package and pay $20,000! I'm speechless...

How many people are they expecting? I think that has A LOT to do with what they charge for booths. One of them in our state said they are selling just over 1,000 tickets for the show... the charge for the booth is $199.00 OR you could advertise in their tabloid for $88.00 (16th of a page, B&W) OR you could stuff info in the bag they hand out to ALL of the attendees for $49.00 (need to include your cost of materials supplied for the bags, ex: printing/copying cost for flyer).

I did the TOH last year and I am doing it again this year, it is $200 for me to do it, and I will be giving them 900 business cards and I will probably put a tootsie roll on the back with a sticker that says place an order by _______ date and recive 10% off your order. (I have to say it was totally worth it.)

1. What is the "Taste of Home Cooking School" event?

The "Taste of Home Cooking School" is a live cooking show event hosted by Pampered Chef in partnership with Taste of Home magazine. It features a professional chef who demonstrates delicious recipes using Pampered Chef products.

2. Where and when can I attend a "Taste of Home Cooking School" event?

The "Taste of Home Cooking School" events are held at various locations throughout the year, typically in the fall and spring. You can find a schedule of upcoming events on our website or by contacting your local Pampered Chef consultant.

3. How much does it cost to attend a "Taste of Home Cooking School" event?

The cost of attending a "Taste of Home Cooking School" event may vary depending on the location and venue. However, tickets are typically priced at around $15-$20 per person.

4. What can I expect at a "Taste of Home Cooking School" event?

At a "Taste of Home Cooking School" event, you can expect to learn new recipes, cooking techniques, and tips from a professional chef. There will also be opportunities to sample the dishes and see demonstrations of Pampered Chef products in action.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the "Taste of Home Cooking School" event?

Yes, there will be a selection of Pampered Chef products available for purchase at the event. You can also place an order with your Pampered Chef consultant before or after the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
niclowther
Replies