• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Round Stone with Handles Worth the Risk? Share Your Experience!

In summary, some customers have had a high breakage rate on the Large Round Stone with Handles. There are also reports of problems with the clay mixture that has been remedied. However, knock on wood, no customers have reported any personal problems.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I don't want to put this on CS or on another part of this forum b/c I don't want to start a thread where all the "negative nellies" over at CS can take over.

What is your HONEST opinion of the Large Round Stone with Handles?

I've had a higher than usual breakage rate on this stone and from what I've heard from my cluster mates and read on CS, a lot of others have too. I had another adjustment last night and asked the Customer Service rep at HO how many adjustments they do on this stone - he said it was quite a few. Now, I very rarely get calls from my customers about any type of broken stone, but since this one has come out I get at least one a month. I just had a customer who had hers replaced and the first time she used the replacement stone it broke in half too. She requested either a refund or an exchange for the round stone w/o handles and the rack. HO handled that for her and did not charge the additional few dollars either.

I was extremely surprised to see the medium stone w/ handles in the catalog when we seem to have so many issues with the large one.

I almost feel as though I owe it to anyone who expresses interest in this stone to let them know about this problem. What would you do?

I have never had a problem, nor have I had to do an adjustment for one.

cmdtrgd said:

Same here. I love it and have not had any returns of those that I've sold.

I"ve also had a number of problems with the lrg. round with handles. mine broke, and about 5 have broken from my customers. I'm not sure what to think either.

My lg round stone with handles did break, but I haven't heard from customers that theirs has. I honestly think there was a bad batch of them or something.

BUT having said that - the very first time I used my med. round stone with handles, IT BROKE!! Made a mess of my oven and at least made me do the self-cleaning cycle in the oven. So, I don't know what to think of these. I was hoping it was just a bad batch with the lg one because I heard about a lot of problems on CS. But then when it happened with my medium one, too, I'm starting to wonder!!:(

I haven't had any returns with this stone...though I moved and my old customers may be dealing with local consultants.

Knock on wood...no personal problems so far. That said, I do tend to be a lot more careful when handling the stones with handles (versus my regular ones, which I'm really tough on!). I love the convenience of them and hope to get them nice and black over the coming years. :)

I have had at least 2-3 adjustments on the Large Round Stone. Mine is still intact.

I was doing a lot of stoneware returns in general - not just with the Large Stone w/ Handles. I emailed home office and complained and they said they were looking into it. I haven't had a major problem since...

I just prefer my Large Round Stone w/o handles...but I think that's just me not liking change!

Mine broke.
I have had at least 10 customers with ones that broke.
I spoke to the people in the product room at NC about it and she said they were aware and tha tit was an issue with the clay mixture and that they've remedied it.
I have since had to do 3 adjustments on them. I guess they've not remedied it...yet...
:(

I haven't had one brake. Knocking on wood!

I have had similar problems with breakage, although I am really rough on mine (toting it to shows and such) and have not had a problem.

I too think that it was a 'bad batch'. And you are not being negative bringing up the subject! I appreciate the opportunity to share thoughts about product issues.

As far as the stone itself, I love it and a glad that they got rid of the awkward rack.

cmdtrgd said:

same here!

No problems here.

I have had more than usual breakage from customers, but they all seemed to be those who ordered it as soon as it was introduced. I stack other stoneware on mine, tote it shows, etc. and have had no problems--and I LOVE it--I take it to every booth I do, and it's one of my biggest sellers. Love the medium, too, but haven't used it yet. Even if I have to exchange a few, the convenience of the handles vs. the racks make it worth it for me!

lisagoins said:
Even if I have to exchange a few, the convenience of the handles vs. the racks make it worth it for me!

I LOVE not having to use the racks as well.

1. What is the Round Stone With Handles used for?

The Round Stone With Handles is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for baking, roasting, and serving various dishes. It is perfect for making pizzas, cookies, breads, and even casseroles. The handles make it easy to transport the stone in and out of the oven.

2. How do I clean the Round Stone With Handles?

Cleaning the Round Stone With Handles is simple and easy. After use, allow the stone to cool completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they may damage the stone. You can also use a scraper or scraper brush to remove any stuck-on food.

3. Can the Round Stone With Handles be used on the stovetop?

No, the Round Stone With Handles is not designed to be used on the stovetop. It is meant for use in the oven only. Using it on the stovetop can cause damage to the stone and may also be a safety hazard.

4. What is the maximum temperature the Round Stone With Handles can withstand?

The Round Stone With Handles can withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. It is not recommended to use the stone under a broiler or on a grill as the high heat can cause it to crack.

5. Is the Round Stone With Handles dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Round Stone With Handles is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing is recommended to prolong the life of the stone. Avoid using harsh detergents or the high heat setting on your dishwasher as it may damage the stone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • ChefZee
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • pamperedpnina