• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Rolling Case Worth Investing In?

In summary, the Rolling Case is a helpful item to have if you have a hard time lugging your starter kit around. It is easier to carry than the New Consultant Tote and has more compartments.
redsoxgirl
I have a really hard time lugging the bag I got with my starter kit around and was wondering if the Rolling Case would be worth the money. Seems like it would be a helpful item to me.

I have it and use it at every show but then I also have the new consultant kit tote and use it too!

I have a rolling case.. and I love it.. the only down side is maneuvering it up stairs going into host homes or going around corners in their house. But I wouldn't go back to the other way after having my case.

I ordered mine last week, Fedex was supposed to bring it today but it will be here tomorrow!!! I'm excited! I have a bad back and I'm really looking forward to not lifting that tote anymore!

I've had mine for quite a while now (was able to earn it for free when we had that promo -he, he!! :)) and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I agree with the stairs thing, but that's minor in comparison to the ease it is. Plus, you can put all kinds of stuff in there!!!

IT really saves your back in the long run!!!

I take mine up the stairs backwards, using the pull out handle to lift. Going down is a little tougher, but sometimes I just 'man-handle' it and carry it using the side handles. I have the tote that slide over the handle and that comes in handy, too. I'm very glad I made the purchase.

Just be careful - it's easy to "over-fill", just like the New Consultant Tote is. I had one that I used for a while until the feet broke off and it was more trouble than it was worth. I put WAY too much into it. Now, I just use the New Consultant Tote, the Carry-All Tote and the Tool Turn-About Tote, and don't overpack, and I'm fine.

Is the Carry-All the one that slips over the handle?
Maybe I'll save up to get both of them.

The carry-all and the new consultant tote are almost identical not quite though

mommyhugz1978 said:
The carry-all and the new consultant tote are almost identical not quite though
That's good to know, I was just going to ask the size of that one!

I am not sure if their is a size difference or not....... I have the carry all tote.. I thought about getting the new consultant tote so when I am doing fairs I don't have so many rubber made containers to carry in.

The compartments are different becasue the carry all tote has two big compartments that one of them divided into three sections the new consultant tote is a large open bag I believe... I am not sure on that one though.

redsoxgirl said:
Is the Carry-All the one that slips over the handle?
Maybe I'll save up to get both of them.

Yes, the Carry All bag slides over the handle of the rolling case. The New Consultant Tote is wider. I use the Carry All for all of my paperwork. I use one pocket for my lapboard/catalogs and my flipchart thing, etc one is for my host packets, recruiting packets and any flyers etc, and the last pocket (of the 3 in the front) holds my basket that I have all of my prizes in. The big pocket across the back just gets whatever I couldn't fit in my rolling case like a platter or stone.

I love my rolling case!! I wouldn't go without it. I never try to pull mine up stairs by the handle though. I have heard of too many breaking that way and I can't afford to replace it.

I love mine...it was one of the first things I ordered with my PC dollars after qualifying. My back has always been bad, but it's gotten worse (that's what kids will do to you!). Yes, it's a bit heavy to get in and out of the car, or up and down stairs, but SO worth it for the convenience of rolling it everywhere else. I really appreciate all the outside pockets, because they hold my catalogs, order forms, calculator, etc...and the pocket on the back is large enough to accommodate my laptop! For "express" shows it's all I bring (except for one Rubbermaid storage box for my dirty dishes). For more "in-depth" shows, I use it, my Rubbermaid box, my bag from my starter kit, and my TTA tote.

One of my fave things about the rolling case is during fairs or shows you can use it to display things on if need be.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I couldn't imagine my business without it!!!

I used a teachers crate for this past year--But I am back to it--LOVE IT MISSED IT ---and yes the dragging up and down the stairs is very little effort--
WORTH IT

byrd1956 said:
I take mine up the stairs backwards, using the pull out handle to lift.
Be careful doing that, there have been reports that using the telescoping handle for anything other than pulling along a flat surface will cause it to break.

Okay, at least one person needs to say :thumbdown: .

If you go to many houses where you will not be able to roll it (gravel drives, lots of steps, no sidewalks), it's not going to do you much good. I don't recommend rolling it up and down stairs. The handles are touchy, I know my Director's broke fairly quickly. I have one and rarely use it. It is a heavy piece to begin with and doesn't take long to "over" fill.

I'm fairly strong and tall, but I've found that a fold down crate and the tote (not the new consultant tote, that's something I'd like to get) are easier for me to manuever. What kind of auto do you drive? Keep that in mind when ordering.

I love mine, but did break two handles! Luckily it was under the guarantee time!

I do tend to over fill mine! It's easy to do!

My old director sold hers and I bought it for half price to have as an extra when I break mine again:)! Right now I keep it filled w/things I use for booths. I take two of them w/me when I work a booth.

we should have WEIGH IN----think we can really control this KIND----

I'm with Jeanine on this one - I say :thumbdown: :thumbdown: . That is probably because we are both in Michigan, where it ends up being impractical 9 months of the year. When there is snow, mud, rain puddles, etc....between your vehicle and the host's door, and you end up carrying it all that way - plus up and down steps, you learn very quickly that it isn't that great after all! I'm glad I earned mine and didn't spend the money for it. I do still use it for big events, but that's all.Oh - and since I have the carry-all tote, and the Consultant's tote - I need to chime in and say that they are not really that much alike. The Consultant's Tote is larger, and has a more stable bottom. It also has handles at each end for lifting and carrying. I use that for all of my products I take to the show, and then I use the carry-all tote for all of my paperwork, cookbooks, spices, computer, etc.....

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm glad I earned mine and didn't spend the money for it. I do still use it for big events, but that's all.

Oh - and since I have the carry-all tote, and the Consultant's tote - I need to chime in and say that they are not really that much alike.

Amen, sister! This is how I use mine too.

Thanks for posting about this. . .I think I need to spend some money on myself. :)

My opinion on the Rolling Bag :thumbup: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :thumbdown: It really depends on where I'm going.

It is a heavy piece when empty. You have to be very careful not to overfill it.
If there is more than 2 steps at my location I usually don't use it as it is hard to get up the steps w/o help.
I love it b/c I can roll it on flat surfaces. If your host doesn't have a walk-way then it is very difficult to maneuver through grass or gravel and I don't want to pull it through our 'red Georgia clay' and then into my host's home.
I am happy that I have it, I just didn't expect that I wouldn't be able to use it as often as I'd like.

Does anyone know a way or place to get wheels replaced? My recruiter gave me her old rolling bag (the one the red crate sat down into), but one wheel is broken. I called a local shoe repair place, but they said they can't get the wheels in?! So, I thought I'd check and see if anyone on here has experience with replacing wheels on our rolling totes. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Tammy

Also does anyone know if you can get a replacement handle. I adopted my rolling tote with a broken handle, DH worked on fixing it but it broke again when a helpful DH of a host thought he could pull it up steps with the handle... sigh... so if I can get a new handle that would be easier than asking MY DH to repair it again! :)

RaggedyAunt, see if a hardware store has rollers, perhaps?

I really like mine. That's a good point about gravel drive and mud, though. I've had to deal with steps, but it's all concrete where I roll it.

I also like having a little spot to set things at fairs & booths.

RaggedyAunt said:
Does anyone know a way or place to get wheels replaced? My recruiter gave me her old rolling bag (the one the red crate sat down into), but one wheel is broken. I called a local shoe repair place, but they said they can't get the wheels in?! So, I thought I'd check and see if anyone on here has experience with replacing wheels on our rolling totes. Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Tammy
Try a local luggage shop or, believe it or not, a skate shop. Many times, the wheels on luggage like this are the same as on inline skates.

I personally stopped using the rolling case. I found it to be heavy without anything in it. Also, stairs, snow, mud and small carpets made it impractical. I bought one of the new carrying bags and love it.

Related to Is the Rolling Case Worth Investing In?

1. Is the Rolling Case durable enough to withstand frequent use?

Yes, the Rolling Case is made with high-quality materials and is designed to withstand frequent use. It is also equipped with sturdy wheels and a strong handle for easy transportation.

2. Will the Rolling Case fit all of my equipment and supplies?

The Rolling Case is designed to fit most standard lab equipment and supplies, including a starter kit. However, it is always recommended to check the dimensions and compare them to your equipment before purchasing.

3. Is the Rolling Case easy to maneuver?

Yes, the Rolling Case is equipped with smooth-rolling wheels and a comfortable handle, making it easy to maneuver through hallways and around corners.

4. Can the Rolling Case be used for traveling to conferences or other locations?

Yes, the Rolling Case is designed to be a versatile and portable option for transporting your lab equipment and supplies, making it a convenient choice for traveling to conferences or other locations.

5. Is the Rolling Case worth the investment compared to other options?

This ultimately depends on your personal needs and preferences. However, many scientists find that the convenience and durability of the Rolling Case make it a worthwhile investment for transporting their equipment and supplies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• soulsing
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefAggi
  • ksmedic
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • PCCHeather0506