• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rolling Cart/Trunk for Show Supplies: Cheffers Advice Needed!

In summary, the person is looking for a rolling case to store their show supplies in, but finds that a luggase case is a nightmare to pack. They end up using a PC case or a collapsible crate from a sporting goods store.
ksmedic
Hello Cheffers,

I am wondering what you guys have used and had success with when it comes to a rolling cart/trunk type item. I'm wanting to use some sort of a rolling case to carry my show supplies in but I discovered tonight that a luggase case is a nightmare!!! Especially on a rock driveway/sidewalk.
I just can't pack my tote that came with my consultant kit around anymore. I've tried but I'm no good at condensing and taking just the recipe tools to shows.

Thanks for the advice!!

LOVE mine! Can't live without it. I have a lot of back issues. It's much easier for me to roll the weight than to carry it.

I use the one available from PC. I love it except when I have a lot of stairs to negotiate. I once had a third-floor walk-up when I was showcasing stoneware. That wasn't fun.It sounds to me like you're looking for what kind of rolling case to get. Larger wheels are better on gravel. I've seen some nice soft-sided, rolling coolers that would probably work really well.

Sheila said:
LOVE mine! Can't live without it. I have a lot of back issues. It's much easier for me to roll the weight than to carry it.

Sorry, I was on the iPhone when I responded earlier ... I also have the one from Pampered Chef. The lid has magnets to hold it to the handle for packing & unpacking. I get lots of compliments on it. Plus external pockets for paperwork.

I agree, stairs are not much fun. I've done a few residences in Okinawa where I had to go up several flights of stairs because a lot of the smaller Japanese apartments do not have elevators. That was not a lot of fun. I actually started asking the off base people how many stairs so I could pack more bags that were lighter & make multiple trips. LOL

I love mine - just don't fill it to the top. Plus it serves as extra place to display your products if your host provides you with a table that is a little smaller than you wanted.

If you live someplace with a lot of snow and wet weather, and will be doing a lot of rural type shows - where you will be on gravel/dirt on your way into homes, then I don't recommend the PC one. It gets stuck in mud, and won't go through snow, plus you then track all of that dirt into your host's home...and you end up carrying it anyway - which is NOT fun. Mine sits in my office 90% of the time and only gets used for booths and other vendor events.

If you're not ready to splurge on a rolling tote, I have a couple of recruits who use collapsible rolling crates they picked up at Office Depot. They use one for products and the other for paperwork. If they have lots more to bring, they plop the consultant tote atop the crate. Not sure about gravel.

Staples has rolling crates that are nice. The collapse when you don't need them and they have a telescoping handle that makes them easy to pull/push. I think I paid about $20 for mine.

That reminds me, one of the girls in my downline came into a vendor event one day with some rolling cases that are designed more for mechanic's tools, but they were super sturdy! I was impressed!!!

I use mine at every show except when I know that they live in apartment and I have to go up flights of stairs. I bought it when I was pregnant with my first child being with Pampered Chef. I didn't want to carry heavy things. I wanted to be able to pull it. Even though when I got to host's homes and they found out I was pregnant they always offered to carry everything for me.

Thanks guys. I have the rolling case from Office Max/Office Depot...and I have put the consultant tote on top of it and it was ok...I was just looking for what else is out there. The cases with small wheels just don't work for gravel driveways, etc

Go to a sporting goods department at KMart, W-mart, Target, etc and get a rolling duffle bag - excellent!!

I use a regular rolling suitcase for my kit... it has bigger wheels, plenty of room and works great on stairs! Like someone else said... just make sure to get one with big wheels for the gravel.

I like taking just 1 case into someones home. I put my paperwork in a plastic file box but if I don't want to take that in, I can just put my paperwork in the outside pockets on the suitcase. Then I have a 2nd suitcase packed with extra stuff to take to vendor markets only.

What are the dimensions of the rolling cart/trunk?

The dimensions of the rolling cart/trunk are 18 inches in height, 20 inches in width, and 15 inches in depth.

What is the weight capacity of the rolling cart/trunk?

The rolling cart/trunk has a weight capacity of 50 pounds.

Does the rolling cart/trunk come with dividers for organization?

Yes, the rolling cart/trunk comes with adjustable dividers to help keep your show supplies organized.

Can the rolling cart/trunk fit in a standard size trunk or car?

Yes, the dimensions of the rolling cart/trunk are designed to fit in most standard size trunks and cars.

Is the rolling cart/trunk easy to assemble and disassemble?

Yes, the rolling cart/trunk is easy to assemble and disassemble without the need for any tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ksmedic
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KatieBeth
  • MRios
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Amanda McDaniel
  • ShelbyMichalek