• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the End of Our House Hunting Journey Finally Here?

In summary, the bank came back with another offer and we accepted!! Now we just have to have the home inspection done!!
redsoxgirl
The bank came back with another offer and we accepted!! Now we just have to have the home inspection done!!

I'm so excited but so very, very nervous!!!
I feel like I'm going to throw up! LOL :yuck:

:love: :D :eek: :love: :D :eek:

Congratulations You new Homeowner, you!:thumbup: :D

Congrats!! :D :balloon: :balloon:

WOO HOO!! That's awesome! You'll have to have a PC housewarming party! ;)

Congrats and good luck with your home inspection!

I just found out this SAME news today!!! I totally know the "throw up" feeling! Hope it works out great for both of us!!!

That's great!! THat must be a big relief for both of you! I have a host on the other end of it....she's had her house on the market for a LONG time and this past weekend had THREE offers. AFter NOTHING for a long time! So, they accepted one and have a month before closing. They need to get very serious about finding a new house this weekend and next week, which unfortunately meant she had to cancel her show for Wednesday. Oh well.....it's all for a good reason!! She's still going to try to squeeze in a show before she moves (to WI) or at the very least will do a catalog show.

Congratulations!

Yea Brandi!!!

Yay Lindsay! lol

Yea! Keep us posted...buying a house is exciting and nerve wracking!!

Congrats... Happy House warming!!

Congrats to both of you!!

How exciting!! congrats girls!

Congratulations Lindsay and Brandi!!!!!!!!

Congrats to both of you! My cousin just did the same thing yesterday! :)

wo-hoo to both of you:)

Congratulations to both of you. Keeping my fingers crossed for a great home inspection!

We've decided not to go forward with the house.
We have enough to buy the house and for mortgage, but we have no money saved for initial fix-ups or emergencies that may come up.
So... back to saving!

Sorry to hear that, Lindsay, but it sounds like you and your DH are being very responsible. Keep on saving - when it's right, you'll know it!

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure it's for the better. You definately don't want to be saddled with fix-it-up bills that could be enormous!

Glad for you but envious at the same time. I have had my house on the market since Sept. officially had one offer and we accepted but then they now have some kind of problem. I just need to get out from under this since I have lost my fulltime job. For some reason in this small town noone wants a show at this time.

I am planning a Booth at a Festival Sat. hoping for new blood.

That's too bad, Lindsay. But, at least you're smart enough to see that and aren't going in over your head! :)

What factors should we consider when house hunting?

When searching for a new home, it's important to consider factors such as location, budget, size, and amenities. Think about the proximity to your workplace, schools, and other important places. Determine your budget and stick to it. Consider the size and layout of the house and make sure it meets your needs. Think about the amenities that are important to you, such as a backyard, garage, or updated kitchen.

How do we know how much we can afford?

You can determine how much you can afford by getting pre-approved for a mortgage. This involves providing your financial information to a lender who will then give you an estimate of how much you can borrow. It's important to also consider your monthly expenses and make sure you can comfortably afford the mortgage payments.

Should we use a real estate agent?

Using a real estate agent can be beneficial when house hunting. They have access to a larger pool of listings and can help you find properties that meet your criteria. They can also handle negotiations and paperwork for you, saving you time and stress. However, it's not necessary to use an agent if you feel confident enough to search for and purchase a home on your own.

What should we look for during a house viewing?

During a house viewing, it's important to look for any potential issues or red flags. Check for signs of water damage, mold, or structural issues. Look closely at the condition of appliances, flooring, and windows. Ask the seller about any recent repairs or renovations. It's also a good idea to get a professional home inspection before making an offer.

How do we make an offer and negotiate?

To make an offer on a house, you'll need to submit a written contract with your proposed price and any contingencies. The seller can either accept, reject, or counter your offer. Negotiations may involve going back and forth on the price, closing date, and any repairs or concessions. It's important to have a clear understanding of your budget and priorities before entering into negotiations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • fruit76loop
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
bbauman07
  • DessertDivaFL