• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Our Journey to Finding the Perfect Doberman Puppy for Our Country Wedding!

In summary, the couple was looking to purchase a puppy and were looking for tips on potty training. They advised that it is important to take the puppy out every two hours, praise him when he does his business, and do not let the puppy see you clean up after him. They also advised that puppies are small when they are little and that it is important to not give them food or drink after 9pm.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
My hubby & I were married October 23 by the magistrate in 3 minutes, in his office, by ourselves, with no witness, for many personal reasons. We decided to go this route though after having already begun planning our wedding, so we did both. So on August 7, 2010, we had our real, full-blown, laid-back, but tons of fun, country wedding. (You're welcome to add me on facebook & check out the pictures if you want... my email is [email protected] if you want to find me).

With a small portion of our wedding money, we decided to purchase our first bundle of joy.... a Doberman puppy!! And today, we are going to meet him for the first time. That being said, we are hoping that the couple we are purchasing the puppy from are willing to go down on the price by $100 since we have to fork out another $500 to get him vet checked, another set of shots, & his ears cropped. If they don't go down on the price, I'm hoping my hubby just gives in & says okay to the price. Nevertheless, I'm soooooo excited!! :sing::yuck::sing:

Nevertheless & regardless of how "small" it may seem, please pray that the puppy is exactly what we want so we can end this search & also that the puppy is healthy. :D

TIA!

Awwwww, congratulations!

We had a long, extensive search to find our little Boston girl too. It took a long time to find the perfect puppy at the perfect price. (and yes, we tried to find one through adoption - but the humane society was full of pit bulls.)

Although we have a Boston, we also have a soft spot for Dobermans. The couple who used to live across from us had a Doberman, and he grew up with our son. They were great playmates! Shakespeare (the Dobie) used to sit in their front picture window and watch for our son, and then start crying when he would go outside, because he wanted to come play with him! Even when he grew to be twice the size of our son, he was always so good and gentle with him. We also have friends who have a mammoth Dobie, and he is also a big baby with our son. They seem to just know when to be gentle.

We are so excited. Puppies are so expensive! My in-laws have a doberman that is bigger than their great dane & he is such a baby. We can't wait to let them play together.

congrats to you, I grew up with min pins and I have great memories of my childhood dogs.. It is a happy day for you.

We just got 2 new puppies about a week ago. I forgot what hard work they are!!! We love them very much, we got them from a rescue, they are Old English Sheepdogs. Very fluffy and cute.

Any pointers on potty training?

With our Muncie, he sleeps in a large, deep rubbermaid container next to our bed, so I take him out as soon as he whines, I also take him out right after he eats or drinks, and every 2 hours in between. He's had 1 accident so far, but it was because I wasn't paying attention. We also praise him when he's doing his business. If he does go inside. Don't let him see you clean it up. Just tell him no & then take yhim outside to where he's supposed to go. Hope that helps. Oh & remember that their bellies & bladders are teeny tiny when they r little. Last thing, don't feed or let him drink after 9pm until they can hold their bladder.

1. What are some must-have items for a new puppy?

Some essential items for a new puppy include a crate, food and water bowls, a leash and collar, puppy food, chew toys, and a bed.

2. How often should I take my puppy to the vet?

It is recommended to take your puppy to the vet for a check-up and vaccinations every 3-4 weeks until they are 16 weeks old, and then once a year for a wellness exam and booster shots.

3. How do I potty train my puppy?

Consistency is key when potty training a puppy. Take them outside frequently, especially after meals and naps, and praise them when they go potty outside. Clean up accidents inside with an enzymatic cleaner to eliminate the scent.

4. What is the best way to introduce my puppy to my other pets?

It is important to introduce your puppy to other pets slowly and supervised. Allow them to sniff and interact from a distance, and gradually increase their time together. Reward good behavior and redirect any negative interactions.

5. How often should I bathe my puppy?

It is recommended to bathe your puppy every 4-6 weeks, or as needed if they get dirty or smelly. Use a gentle puppy shampoo and make sure to dry them thoroughly to prevent them from getting cold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
Jillybill