• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Cranberry Bark Recipe Handy?

In summary, the conversation is about a holiday recipe for Festive Cranberry Crunch Bark that is easy to make and can be given as a homemade gift. The ingredients include almond bark, almonds, sweetened dried cranberries, and crisp rice cereal. The recipe involves melting the almond bark, adding in the nuts and cranberries, pouring the mixture onto parchment paper, and letting it set. Tips for making the recipe are also provided. Some variations of the recipe include using white chocolate almond bark or substituting almonds and rice krispies for pretzels and craisins. There is also a discussion about whether dried cranberries and crasins are the same thing.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Anyone have it handy? I'm flying around doing things at home since it is the first night I've been home in over a week to do more than sleep. I have a craving for these though and am pretty sure I have the ingredients, just can't find the recipe handy and hate to search tonight.

Can someone post it please?

Thanks in advance!

Festive Cranberry
Crunch Bark
This simple candy is the perfect holiday treat. Wrap in
clear cellophane and add a ribbon or a bow for a great
homemade gift.
1 package (20 ounces) vanilla- or chocolate-flavored
almond bark, coarsely chopped
¾ cup almonds
¾ cup sweetened dried cranberries
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1. Place Rectangle Stone into freezer at least 1 hour. Cover Large Grooved Cutting Board
with sheet of Parchment Paper. Place almond bark into Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave bark
2-3 minutes or just until melted, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop nuts with Food Chopper; place into Small Micro-Cooker®.
Microwave 2-3 minutes, stirring after each 30-second interval, until golden brown. Add
cranberries; stir until combined.
3. Stir cereal and half of the nut mixture into melted bark. Pour bark mixture onto parchment,
spreading evenly. Immediately sprinkle with remaining nut mixture; press lightly onto surface
of bark.
4. Remove baking stone from freezer; slide parchment onto baking stone. Let stand 7-10 minutes
or until bark is set. Bring edges of parchment up over bark and break into pieces.
Yield: 32 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg,
Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
Cook’s Tips: If desired, two packages (12 ounces each) premium white or chocolate-flavored
confectionery coating candy wafers can be substituted for the almond bark.
When melting almond bark, make sure the batter bowl and all utensils are completely dry; even
one drop of water will cause almond bark to harden and clump.
Stack broken pieces of bark from largest to smallest in the shape of a tree on a Cranberry
Appetizer Plate. To keep fresh or give as a gift, wrap it with cellophane and tie it with a
beautiful bow.
For a great, inexpensive party favor, spoon melted bark mixture into the centers of holiday cookie
cutters. Let them stand until set, and then wrap them in cellophane.

Hope this is it!

It's behind CC.

Thanks Kasey!Deb - I looked the other day there and couldn't find it! Oh well...

I saw that part, but when you go the 2007 list, it doesn't link to the recipes.

WHOHOO! Saving that file! Thanks!

I made that today - YUM!!! And I do not like white chocolate!

BethCooks4U said:
I made that today - YUM!!! And I do not like white chocolate!

I make it with the regular chocolate almond bark. :)

almond bark is not white chocolate

Almond Bark (also known as vanilla flavored candy coating) is an artificial chocolate made with vegetable fats instead of cocoa butter and with coloring and flavors added. It can be found in 1.5 pound packages, in blocks, or in round discs where candy supplies are sold.It actually doesn't contain chocolate.

Feel less than healthy now?! ;)

I made the bark yesterday. Got the recipe from PC's All the Best cookbook. Only made half a batch--my DH, DS and myself devoured it all!! That's why I made only half the recipe!!

instead of the almonds and rice krispies I do the variation they gave with pretzels and craisins

are dried cranberries the same as crasins?

ChefMary412 said:

I have always considered them the same...mmmm:blushing: maybe not.
Don't think it matters too much though. I thought the c r a stood for cranberry and the raisin was because they look like raisins. mmm:rolleyes:
Deb

ChefMary412 said:

Yeah - they are the same thing. It's just one brands name for them.

Related to Is the Cranberry Bark Recipe Handy?

1. Can I use any type of chocolate for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for this cranberry bark recipe. However, we recommend using high-quality chocolate for the best taste and texture.

2. Can I substitute the cranberries with another type of dried fruit?

Absolutely! You can use any type of dried fruit in this recipe, such as cherries, apricots, or raisins. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces before adding them to the bark.

3. How do I store the cranberry bark?

The cranberry bark should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to 2 weeks.

4. Can I use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate?

Yes, you can use white chocolate for this recipe. However, keep in mind that white chocolate tends to be sweeter, so you may want to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe accordingly.

5. Can I add nuts to the cranberry bark?

Absolutely! Chopped nuts, such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts, can be added to this recipe for a delicious crunch. Just make sure to toast them before adding them to the melted chocolate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• hperschnick
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • cookn' katie