• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Batter Bowl Gift Mix Recipes for Every Occasion!

Whew! I feel so much better. ;) I had my mom's help on them and she's a FABULOUS baker so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just me. I followed all PC directions and did the 2" spacing and yet they still all bled together....It sounds like you may have been using the wrong size pan for your batter bowl mix. The mix is meant to be poured into a mini-loaf pan, not a regular-sized pan. If you're not able to find a mini-loaf pan, you could try using a muffin tin instead. Thanks for the suggestion!I made the celebration cookies too and had the same problem with them spreading out. I made
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
Have any of your creative gals come up with more batter bowl gift mix recipes besides the four from PC? I've made them all and my favorite, by far, was the pumpkin bread (with dried cranberries instead of raisins). But I don't have the mini-loaf pan to demo at a show. :(

I'm sure there are more things that would work as a gift mix, but I don't have time to experiment. I have THREE batter bowl shows to do in the next week and was hoping to have more to offer. Thanks in advance! :)

Any layered Quart jar recipe will work in our small batter bowl. There are TONS of those all over the internet! I don't have a favorite to add. I really like our layered cookie with the cranberries and white chocolate. Those are REALLY good! (sorry...I can't think of the official title right now!)

You can also pick up books of quart jar recipes at craft stores. They frequently have the directions for making up the mix, directions for the recipient, and some pre-printed tags with instructions. I've got several of those books at home: muffins, cookies, soups, kid-friendly...

Thanks for the ideas!!!! Unfortunately we're in a very secluded town almost 2 hours from any real city, so I'll have to find these recipes either online for borrow them from y'all. I really am hoping for something tried and true due to lack of time and lack of funds for extra ingredients right now. I found a layered dry cookie mix in a jar recipe that looks delicious, but the layers are supposed to be kept separated which kinda defeats the purpose of sticking it all in a batter bowl. KWIM? But I may try them because it really sounds yummy.

Thanks again! :D I'll keep checking back for more ideas...

Our batter bowl mixes are layered, so why wouldn't a layered jar mix work?

chefann said:
Our batter bowl mixes are layered, so why wouldn't a layered jar mix work?

The recipe I'm referring to says you have to put a piece of plastic between each layer because they have to carefully be put into the bar pan separately one right on top of the other before baking. But with our PC recipe it can all just be dumped into the mixing bowl together before being put in the oven.

KellyTheChef said:
Any layered Quart jar recipe will work in our small batter bowl. There are TONS of those all over the internet! I don't have a favorite to add. I really like our layered cookie with the cranberries and white chocolate. Those are REALLY good! (sorry...I can't think of the official title right now!)

Celebration Cookies :love: I love them too!

Thanks, Ann! I'll check it out. I wish I could find a bunch of layered recipes that are as pretty as the pumpkin bread or celebration cookie mix. I've made the brownie batter bowl 2 or 3 times and the m&ms don't look nice because the upper layer begins coming through. I've considered moving the layers around a bit to see if there's a batter order or something.

ChefBeckyD said:
Celebration Cookies :love: I love them too!

We made these last week, too, both to cook for ourselves AND to give as a gift. They taste good, but mine didn't turn out pretty at all. :( They were very difficult to mix and yet when they cooked they spread out very quickly as if the mix was runny or something.

In the past I've refrigerated some cookie dough before baking it (I think I read it on a professional baker's tip). I wonder if that might have helped me. Any ideas? I want mine to look as yummy as they taste!

I made the celebration cookies too and had the same problem with them spreading out. I made them on the large bar pan and spaced them about 1.5-2 inches apart and ended up with practically one big cookie! I'd appreciate any ideas as well, because everyone else seems to think they are great...maybe it's just me!

ChefMoore said:
I made the celebration cookies too and had the same problem with them spreading out. I made them on the large bar pan and spaced them about 1.5-2 inches apart and ended up with practically one big cookie! I'd appreciate any ideas as well, because everyone else seems to think they are great...maybe it's just me!

Whew! I feel so much better. ;) I had my mom's help on them and she's a FABULOUS baker so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just me. I followed all PC directions and did the 2" spacing and yet they still all bled together. I may try it one more time before my next batter bowl gift mix show and try the refrigeration for 30-60 minutes to see if that helps. And I'll keep returning to this thread for other suggestions.

Also, those of you who love this recipe, did you do the white chocolate chips or the semi-sweet chocolate chips??? I suppose that might make a difference.

Does anyone have the gift tag for the Pumpkin bread? I have the recipe, but not the gift tag. TIA

mrssyvo said:
Does anyone have the gift tag for the Pumpkin bread? I have the recipe, but not the gift tag. TIA

I think there's a PC one that most people use. I made these three to have a variety at shows. To print it I add each one to a word document for more convenience.

ETA: Okay, I fixed them and reuploaded. Hope this helps...

Attachments

• HarvestPumpkinBread1.jpg
    HarvestPumpkinBread1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 394
  • HarvestPumpkinBread2.jpg
    HarvestPumpkinBread2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 362
  • HarvestPumpkinBread3.jpg
    HarvestPumpkinBread3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Ah ha! I'll go back in and fix the word "loaf" which only printed half the word. I can reupload after the kids nap this afternoon. Sorry 'bout that...

Thank you so much.

All the tags are behind CC.

Trail Mix OptionOne option is to do a layered trail mix - for the non-baker. Just layer mixed nuts, dried fruit & holiday M&M's. Looks great, easy to do & they still get a great batter bowl!

Mduran said:
One option is to do a layered trail mix - for the non-baker. Just layer mixed nuts, dried fruit & holiday M&M's. Looks great, easy to do & they still get a great batter bowl!

Ooooh, what a great idea! I may have to have one of my bowls done up like this. I have a few extra so I can have them all fixed up for demonstrations.

BY THE WAY, I finally went back and fixed the Harvest Pumpkin Bread recipe cards for anyone who wanted them.

LibrarianChef said:
Whew! I feel so much better. ;) I had my mom's help on them and she's a FABULOUS baker so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just me. I followed all PC directions and did the 2" spacing and yet they still all bled together. I may try it one more time before my next batter bowl gift mix show and try the refrigeration for 30-60 minutes to see if that helps. And I'll keep returning to this thread for other suggestions.

Also, those of you who love this recipe, did you do the white chocolate chips or the semi-sweet chocolate chips??? I suppose that might make a difference.

Refrigerating the dough for a few hours before baking will help the bleeding. Also, I've made the cookies both ways, and honestly, I like the semi sweet chocolate better than the vanilla. My daughter eve ate them and she's a VERY picky eater.

ragschef said:
Refrigerating the dough for a few hours before baking will help the bleeding. Also, I've made the cookies both ways, and honestly, I like the semi sweet chocolate better than the vanilla. My daughter eve ate them and she's a VERY picky eater.

Thanks, Amanda. So what I'm thinking is...if the host really wants to do this recipe, I'd have the cookies either pre-baked or baking while people arrive at the host's home. I just demo making the batter bowl so that everyone could see how easy it is to put together and how pretty the layers look.

I must say, though, that I really liked making the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix because everyone ooohed and awwwed when it was time to actually make the brownies after making up the bowl. They were talking about how nice it was to just dump all of the contents of the small batter bowl mix in with the wet items in the classic batter bowl. They couldn't believe how simple it was. I think that's a big selling point for the demo as they can imagine how nice it would be to receive the mix all ready to go. :thumbup:

I'm glad to hear that about the semi-sweet cookies. We used half and half. The white chocolate is so much sweeter and I think that may be what is pushing these cookies just a little over the edge for me on taste. I'll definitely try the semi-sweet morsels next time (while also refrigerating the dough for a few hours)!

LibrarianChef said:
Thanks, Amanda. So what I'm thinking is...if the host really wants to do this recipe, I'd have the cookies either pre-baked or baking while people arrive at the host's home. I just demo making the batter bowl so that everyone could see how easy it is to put together and how pretty the layers look.

I must say, though, that I really liked making the Batter Bowl Brownie Mix because everyone ooohed and awwwed when it was time to actually make the brownies after making up the bowl. They were talking about how nice it was to just dump all of the contents of the small batter bowl mix in with the wet items in the classic batter bowl. They couldn't believe how simple it was. I think that's a big selling point for the demo as they can imagine how nice it would be to receive the mix all ready to go. :thumbup:

I'm glad to hear that about the semi-sweet cookies. We used half and half. The white chocolate is so much sweeter and I think that may be what is pushing these cookies just a little over the edge for me on taste. I'll definitely try the semi-sweet morsels next time (while also refrigerating the dough for a few hours)!

I would prebake the cookies, when I made them I had 3 or more batches. You wouldn't want to spend time taking cookies in and out of the oven while doing a show. Come with the bowl premade and have your host buy the ingredients for you to take back home when you show how to make the bowl in front of the guests.

wadesgirl said:
I would prebake the cookies, when I made them I had 3 or more batches. You wouldn't want to spend time taking cookies in and out of the oven while doing a show. Come with the bowl premade and have your host buy the ingredients for you to take back home when you show how to make the bowl in front of the guests.

Do you mean to have the cookies completely pre-made, but still make the gift bowl? What I did at my last one was we had one batch of brownies coming out of the oven right as the 14 guest arrived and I demoed how to put together the bowl. Then at the end I pulled out the classic batter bowl, mixed the wet ingredients first and dumped the entire small batter bowl into it and we made a second batch of brownies since there were so many people (I just handed it off to the host who put the batter into the pan to bake it). The first batch of brownies was made in the square dish and the second batch we only used the large bar pan (which took MUCH less time than the square dish).

If you're saying it would be best to not cook anything during the show, what would you do during a batter bowl gift show to best utilize the time? I'm still new at this and always need the new ideas to keep me going. Sometime a step-by-step gives me a clearer vision of how to make my shows better. Thanks, y'all! :)

wadesgirl said:
...and have your host buy the ingredients for you to take back home when you show how to make the bowl in front of the guests.

Ah ha...just figured it out. You mean have the cookies already cooking and just demo making the gift bowl, but then take the bowl back home with me when I leave. Right? So does that mean I'd buy the first batch of ingredients and the host would buy the second batch? If I had thought this through I would have had the small batter bowl just be a gift to my host and after demoing it would then say something like, "And this gift bowl is a gift to my amazing host who booked her show and stuck with the date." But I'm already doing the 12 Days of Christmas so I'm handing out a hefty gift to all my hosts who reach $500 during December.

1. What is the "More Batter Bowl Recipes" cookbook?

The "More Batter Bowl Recipes" cookbook is a collection of recipes specifically designed for the Pampered Chef Batter Bowl. It features a variety of recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.

2. Are the recipes in the cookbook easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in the "More Batter Bowl Recipes" cookbook are designed to be easy to follow. Each recipe includes step-by-step instructions and most can be prepared in 30 minutes or less.

3. Are there any gluten-free or vegan recipes in the cookbook?

Yes, the "More Batter Bowl Recipes" cookbook includes a section of gluten-free and vegan recipes. These recipes are clearly marked and offer delicious options for those with dietary restrictions.

4. Can I use the Batter Bowl for recipes outside of the cookbook?

Absolutely! The Batter Bowl is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of recipes. While the cookbook offers specific recipes, feel free to get creative and use the Batter Bowl for any recipe that requires mixing or storing ingredients.

5. Does the cookbook include tips for using the Batter Bowl?

Yes, the "More Batter Bowl Recipes" cookbook includes tips and tricks for using the Batter Bowl. These tips will help you get the most out of your Batter Bowl and ensure successful and delicious recipes every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • LibrarianChef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
  • thehaleykitchen