• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Chillzane Rectangle Server Lid Supposed to Snap Shut?

I totally hate that word...I never really thought too much about it until my great niece was born with Down Syndrome and someone said well how retarded is she.... Wrong choice of words to use:grumpy: I believe this person hasn't used this word since!!!:DSame here! Speaking of lids that don't seem secure, the one on the trifle bowl is so loose, i always am carrying a bunch of stuff, and brush the lid and it comes loose or falls off! :-(Also, as a courtesy with those who have mental disabilities, please refrain from using the word "retarded" - I have a friend who has a cousin who is severely retarted, and really hates when people
MandyH
Should the lid on this actually fit tight or "snap" when closed. My MIL just ordered one from me and the lid just kind of sits on top? Is this right? Is there a trick to this we're missing? Thanks!

Nope, it just sits on top. I either use my insulated tote & strap it in, or use a rubber band to hold it on when transporting...

Hmm.. that's silly. Thanks so much for the quick reply!!!! :)

Yep, its annoying! Same thing with a few of our other lids as well....doesn't make much sense!

That is retarded. Why put a lid on something if it doesn't secure down?? That really doesn't make any sense.

I would call it a "cover", not a lid. It is to cover the food that is on the tray inside, and it's not meant to be a "sealed" lid for food storage. If you had to pry the lid off every time you wanted some fruit/veggies or whatever, it woudl be a real pain, IMO!

Also, as a courtesy with those who have mental disabilities, please refrain from using the word "retarded" - I have a friend who has a cousin who is severely retarted, and really hates when people use that as a derogatory term, so I'm trying to be good about using other more appropriate words, as we all should. Sorry - not trying to come off snotty or anything, just throwing up a caution flag as it may offend others on here. :)

Last edited:
I find that the cover sits on the server pretty well; no it doesn't "click" or anythign like that but it doesn't easily slide off either. In most cases, the cover will be fine for transport without extra securing...just in those instances where you might be carrying more than one item at a time and need to secure your load a bit; or for a journey that might take you over bumpy roads and have the server in a cooler where it might bump against other things.

So...if you don't have this wonderful item yet, don't panic. The cover does its job fine most of the time. I sells tons and have never had a customer complaint.

bethsbiz said:
I find that the cover sits on the server pretty well; no it doesn't "click" or anythign like that but it doesn't easily slide off either. In most cases, the cover will be fine for transport without extra securing...just in those instances where you might be carrying more than one item at a time and need to secure your load a bit; or for a journey that might take you over bumpy roads and have the server in a cooler where it might bump against other things.

So...if you don't have this wonderful item yet, don't panic. The cover does its job fine most of the time. I sells tons and have never had a customer complaint.
Exactly what I was going to say!! Thanks Beth!

bethsbiz said:

Same here!

Speaking of lids that don't seem secure, the one on the trifle bowl is so loose, i always am carrying a bunch of stuff, and brush the lid and it comes loose or falls off! :-(

Also, as a courtesy with those who have mental disabilities, please refrain from using the word "retarted" - I have a friend who has a cousin who is severely retarted, and really hates when people use that as a derogatory term, so I'm trying to be good about using other more appropriate words, as we all should. Sorry - not trying to come off snotty or anything, just throwing up a caution flag as it may offend others on here. :)[/QUOTE]

I totally hate that word...I never really thought too much about it until my great niece was born with Down Syndrome and someone said well how retarded is she.... Wrong choice of words to use:grumpy: I believe this person hasn't used this word since!!!:D

salthechef said:
Speaking of lids that don't seem secure, the one on the trifle bowl is so loose, i always am carrying a bunch of stuff, and brush the lid and it comes loose or falls off! :-(
Those lids (batter bowls) should not come off that easily! You can order a replacement lid through a non commissionable replacement order....

No, my batter bowls are great, it's the trifle bowl that gives me probs

I have a big problem with posts that scold people for using a valid word, such as retarded. Dork. Idiot. Moron. Et cetera.

The post was about a product, not a person.

To persons who are offended at word "retarded", get a grip on context.

PCSarahjm - "retarted" is offensive to me.

Retarted, hmmm.
Even worse than retarded, in so many ways.

Are you thinking it might just rub off on you? If you spell it differently, it won't get you?

I've pretty much observed that it is all "cousin's nephew" or somesuch that complain about the retard word.

In other words, they don't deal with it daily.

(edit for spelling)

Last edited:
I should check my Chillzanne lid. I thought I needed that thing so bad, and I haven't made deviled eggs all summer!

Regarding the post about the trifle bowl lid. Here's a tip from a former Tupperware consultant (me, eons ago!). Soak that lid in very hot water for about 2-3 minutes then IMMEDIATELY put it on the trifle bowl. Press down as usual to seal the lid.

Often this will re-shape/re-size plastic lids and save the hassle of replacment.

Worth a try!

kspry said:
I have a big problem with posts that scold people for using a valid word, such as retarded. Dork. Idiot. Moron. Et cetera.

Thanks. I removed my comment. But I was talking about a product not a person.

Last edited:
salthechef said:
No, my batter bowls are great, it's the trifle bowl that gives me probs

Funny thing is I don't have a problem with my trifle bowl or my prep bowls but I do have a problem with my batter bowl lids.

bethsbiz said:
Regarding the post about the trifle bowl lid. Here's a tip from a former Tupperware consultant (me, eons ago!). Soak that lid in very hot water for about 2-3 minutes then IMMEDIATELY put it on the trifle bowl. Press down as usual to seal the lid.

Often this will re-shape/re-size plastic lids and save the hassle of replacment.

Worth a try!

Do you think that this would work on the lids for the batter bowls?

kspry said:

Wow, what is your problem?? Retarded is only a valid word when it is being used in the context of a person, and in that respect, it is offensive. If it is being used in the context of a product, then it is being used in the wrong way. It is a descriptor for a person or something that "moves slowly" as definied on dictionary.com:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=retarded

Just the fact that you would defend someone for using the word "retarded" in any context is offensive to me. You need some sensitivity training.

JaimeQ said:
Thanks. I removed my comment. But I was talking about a product not a person.

Jaime - thank you for removing your comment. IMO, it doesn't matter what you're talking about, that word is just a bad one to use to describe anything (person, place, thing, whatever!), since it was primarily used to describe someone's mental capacity, and it has now turned into a word that is used to be derogatory and offensive. There are plenty of words in the English language that can be used in its stead. Thanks again.

The hot water soak for plastic lids should work on virtually any type of lid/bowl unless melted in a microwave/dishwasher, etc. So, definately try it for the prep or batter bowls!:)

kspry said:
Retarted, hmmm.
Even worse than retarded, in so many ways.

Are you thinking it might just rub off on you? If you spell it differently, it won't get you?

I've pretty much observed that it is all "cousin's nephew" or somesuch that complain about the retard word.

In other words, they don't deal with it daily.

(edit for spelling)

I had several people PM me thanking me for saying something about the word "retarded" that was used in this thread, and many of them said they had close relations who were mentally disabled. I don't think it matters if you deal with it daily or not, there is a certain level of respect that each and every human being deserves, whether they were born with a disability or not, and to use a word like that in a derogatory way is just not politically correct in this day and age. If you want to live in the 50's, go ahead, but I'm guessing this is why your niece didn't chose to have her wedding registry with you. Just my 2 cents. (putting you on "Ignore" now so I don't have to get worked up about your posts anymore!! GRR!):mad:

bethsbiz said:
The hot water soak for plastic lids should work on virtually any type of lid/bowl unless melted in a microwave/dishwasher, etc. So, definately try it for the prep or batter bowls!:)

Thank you so much for this tip I will definately try that.

cathyskitchen said:
Jaime - thank you for removing your comment. IMO, it doesn't matter what you're talking about, that word is just a bad one to use to describe anything (person, place, thing, whatever!), since it was primarily used to describe someone's mental capacity, and it has now turned into a word that is used to be derogatory and offensive. There are plenty of words in the English language that can be used in its stead. Thanks again.

I really didn't mean to cause a big problem. Sorry. This surely makes me want to keep my 2 cents to myself.

Last edited:
Sorry, Jaime - I'm not trying to run you off or anything like that. My original intent when posting about it was just a friendly reminder to be aware of it since it can be upsetting to people, that's all. Someone else decided to jump in and get crazy over it, and that's where I got upset.

I honestly didn't think about it when I used the word. But now I officially feel like an idiot for doing so. Again i'm sorry.

Now let us never speak of this again... truce?

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0059.gif

chefann said:
Now let us never speak of this again... truce?

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0059.gif

You mean we are never supposed to speak of chillzanne server lids ever again?:eek: :D ..................................

Sorry - I just read this thread for the first time........and read your post first Ann, and then went back......because I couldn't figure out why lids were so controversial!;) I should know by now that threads are rarely about the thread title!

ChefBeckyD said:
You mean we are never supposed to speak of chillzanne server lids ever again?:eek: :D ..................................

Sorry - I just read this thread for the first time........and read your post first Ann, and then went back......because I couldn't figure out why lids were so controversial!;) I should know by now that threads are rarely about the thread title!

Ok, I am just like you Becky - got on this thread, got lost and now I think I got it.

To kspry - I know you are new here, but we have an AWESOME forum. We all disagree on occasion but usually fairly "adult-like" and try not to offend. I for one thoroughly want to welcome you but on every thread I've seen you post on the topic changes a bit and you are criticizing and stirring up trouble. I hope, oh do I hope that you are not truly this way and just not accustomed to us. I hope you realize how some of us have taken your post and can tone it done I bit. I personally would appreciate it. We're all here trying to help each other!

P.S. I personally understand Cathy's point. I grew like Cathy said, where it wasn't derogatory and now is...I make a conscious effort not to use it so as not to offend. My parents have had issues with other words...they are/were in NO means racist, but grew up saying things that are now termed racist. You have to retrain yourself. Hard, but you have to do it...

Related to Is the Chillzane Rectangle Server Lid Supposed to Snap Shut?

What is the Chillzane Rectangle Server Lid supposed to do?

The Chillzane Rectangle Server Lid is designed to keep food fresh and protected while being transported or stored.

Should the lid on this server fit tight or "snap" when closed?

Yes, the lid should fit securely and create a tight seal when closed. This helps to keep the food inside fresh and prevents any spills or leaks.

My mother-in-law just ordered one and the lid just sits on top. Is this normal?

No, this is not normal. The lid should fit snugly on top of the server, creating a tight seal. If the lid is not fitting properly, it may be defective and should be replaced.

Is there a trick to getting the lid to fit properly?

There is not necessarily a trick, but there are a few things you can try to get the lid to fit better. Make sure the server and lid are clean and free of any debris. You can also try pressing down firmly on the lid to create a tighter seal. If the lid still does not fit properly, it may be defective and should be replaced.

Thank you for your help. Is there anything else we should know about using this server and lid?

To ensure the best performance, it is recommended to hand wash the server and lid with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or putting them in the dishwasher, as this may damage the seal and affect the lid's ability to fit properly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tracy99
  • keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • susanr613