• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems With the Chillzane Rectangular Server

In summary, Chillzane Rectangular Servers have a 50% failure rate. Gel is leaking out of the cooling insert and leaving a brown goo all over the bottom part of the server. Hosts are not happy with this product and recommend that customers check each server in the box when they are delivered.
mdallshouse1
I recently had a show and sold 4 Chillzane Rectangular Servers. Two of these came back to me for product adjustment. The gel was leaking out of the cooling insert and leaving a brown goo all over the bottom part of the server. I could see where the plug on the end of the insert was not sealed very well. HO did not even want these returned and recommended that I have my hosts check each of these in the box when they are delivered.

I mean come on - that's a 50% failure rate which doesn't promote quality items for our customers' kitchen.

Is this a known problem with this item? Has anybody else had this problem?

Just wondering,

I've only had it happen once. The HO cheerfully replaced it and the customer was happy.

I had this happen to me as well...with about 1/2 of them. One I bought as a host and didn't open it for about 3 months, brown stinky goo was all over it. I then became a consultant and earned on in my SS kit, same thing happened with that one, so I was 2 for 2...I did get them replaced from HO...I have had it happen to a few purchased by guests/hosts, now tell my guests/host if they purchase it to open it immediately to make sure it isn't damaged. I do love the product but don't know what the problem is.

I have not had any complaints about any of the chillzanne products.

I've never heard about this happening. All of my family has a server & I have 2. We've never had problems with them. Hopefully it's not a problem in June with them being the host special!

The one that I have is great too - I've had it for almost 2 years now.

So I guess I'm not crazy - it IS the luck of the draw with this product. Makes it kind of hard to sell a "might be good" item.

I've heard of this a few times. Luckily it has not happened to me or any of my customers. Call HO they will replace it.

HO is replacing both of them cheerfully, no questions asked, no return of the bad items.

I just had a person buy one in my most recent April show, it arrived damage with the gel all over the bottom of it.I am thinking maybe the workmanship on them might be going down?The one I earned last year for a SS month is just fine.

Yeah sailortena, that's what bothers me - workmanship or quality control is bad on this item.

I had one that was delivered to a guest last week and the same thing happened to hers..she asked me if it was used! So anyway, HO is sending her a new one and I told her to do whatever she wanted w/ the defective one.

It sounds like a bad batch is being shipped out.

Wow, I have never heard of this and sold at least 10-15 of them last summer. Let's hope they get this problem fixed before the June Host Special!

I'm having problems with the lids....everyone's keeps cracking, including mine that I earned with SS3. I think I have two customers and mine with the exact same problem.

Wow! I have never had a problem with mine or any that I have sold!

Hope they get this problem fixed before our June special!

I had a guest at my show Sunday that the gel was leaking in her's. It was the first time I've had that happen. HO is replacing the tray for her.

I've had several of mine leak and had them arrive for guests leaking. It is a pretty nasty looking stuff in them!!

My mom ordered one of these from a catalog show I did and it arrived yesterday. I remembered this thread so I opened it up to see if hers was leaking as well. And unfortunately, it was. Brown goo all over the side of it! So I immediately called HO and they are shipping another one out to me ASAP. As mentioned by others they didnt want the item returned.

So, my question now is.....Can I still use this to demo? I have a show tomorrow and all it needs is alittle cleaning up and such! I probably wouldnt use it for anything other than just demoing as it obviously had or has a leak. But I really hate to just throw this item away if I can demo off it. What do you guys think? After I clean it, do you think it would be alright to use it for my demos???

Thanks in advance!

Related to Problems With the Chillzane Rectangular Server

What are the dimensions of the Chillzane Rectangular Server?

The Chillzane Rectangular Server measures 13.75" x 10.5" x 2.75".

Can the Chillzane Rectangular Server be used in the oven?

Yes, the Chillzane Rectangular Server is oven-safe up to 375°F.

Is the Chillzane Rectangular Server dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Chillzane Rectangular Server is dishwasher safe. We recommend placing it on the top rack of your dishwasher.

Does the Chillzane Rectangular Server have a warranty?

Yes, the Chillzane Rectangular Server comes with a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your server, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Can the Chillzane Rectangular Server be used to store food in the refrigerator or freezer?

Yes, the Chillzane Rectangular Server is safe to use in the refrigerator or freezer. However, we do not recommend using it to store food for extended periods of time as it is designed for serving and not for long-term storage.

Back