• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Stamps.com Worth Using for Personal Use?

I use carrier pick up too (when she feels like actually coming to the door that is...).I use paypal shipping. All you need to do is have a paypal account. You can ship first class or parcel or priority mail. It debits your checking account automatically, its wonderful. And I use carrier pick up too (when she feels like actually coming to the door that is...).I use paypal shipping. All you need to do is have a paypal account. You can ship first class or parcel or priority mail. It debits your checking account automatically, its wonderful. And I use carrier pick up too (when she feels like actually coming to the door
chefmeg
Gold Member
if so, do you like it?

I do use it but i don't send out the invites so i son't use it allot. I signed up 2 months ago and am waiting to get all of my free stuff and then will probably cancel. I do love how you can just print your own stamps when you need them. And you can print right on your envelope. i have no complaints yet.

I use it all the time! If I have to mail a host kit I use the "Click & Ship" feature...you can get Priority envelopes for free and it is a flat rate for as much "stuff" as you can cram into the folder. I do buy stamps there, but I don't mail my invites for hosts. You don't any more or less for postage, but I have 3 kids and I HATE waiting in line at the post office to mail a couple of things. This has made my life a lot easier and it eliminates 1 errand.

I say give it a shot as it is a free service, and if you have a kitchen scale then you're all set. (You may need to weigh packages for mailing)

Missy, I think you're thinking of the USPS Click and Ship site. Stamps.com is a pay subscription service.

I have this cool thing that I got from Pitney Bowes. It's called Stamp expressions, it costs me $9.95 per month + postage. It's a personal stamp printer! You can print any amount of postage you want, it's got an online postage calculator. If I need to print $1.31 I print it! It's about 5"x5"x5" and the stamp rolls cost $2.25 for 100 of them. It is SOOO COOL! I just print what I need (order the postage online as you use it, it charges your card when you order it). I NEVER go to the post office at all now.

http://www.stampexpressions.com

You can also buy a scale at the post office. Might be able to find it online. They are great for measuring ingredients also because it measures ounces which many kitchen scales don't do.

chefann said:
Missy, I think you're thinking of the USPS Click and Ship site. Stamps.com is a pay subscription service.
You're absolutely right!:blushing: Sorry...I've never used stamps.com, but love USPS.com! Sorry:angel:

missyciccolella said:
You're absolutely right!:blushing: Sorry...I've never used stamps.com, but love USPS.com! Sorry:angel:

I love USPS.com too! I do the click n ship all the time. I really like it because if your package is over 13 oz and you use click n ship you don't have to take it in to the office, you can put it in the box. No getting kids out of the car!

sfdavis918 said:
I love USPS.com too! I do the click n ship all the time. I really like it because if your package is over 13 oz and you use click n ship you don't have to take it in to the office, you can put it in the box. No getting kids out of the car!

Really, I wouldn't have to go to the post office to mail my hostess kits? I could do it from home? I think you just made my year and next year with that information! :) Love it!:love:

Our post office has told me (and they've been acquainted with me for YEARS) that anything over 16 oz MUST be hand delivered to the PO desk. Something about terrorist prevention stuff...

With Click and Ship, you can request carrier pick up. You do not have to go to the PO!

Maybe I'll stick with the government then...need to really look over the website again as the last time I did anything with them, I got myself really confused! Any words of advice to avoid that dilemma again??

I HATE Stamps.com. They trick you into using their service, then charge you $15.99 a month. And good luck cancelling it... I have been trying for 2 months now, and all Ive succeeded in doing is losing another $32.I use paypal shipping. All you need to do is have a paypal account. You can ship first class or parcel or priority mail. It debits your checking account automatically, its wonderful. And I use carrier pick up too (when she feels like actually coming to the door that is...).

I did a Click n Ship today, and scheduled pickup from the Postal carrier for Monday. Dang, that was so easy!

JTNT8704 said:
I HATE Stamps.com. They trick you into using their service, then charge you $15.99 a month. And good luck cancelling it... I have been trying for 2 months now, and all Ive succeeded in doing is losing another $32.

I use paypal shipping. All you need to do is have a paypal account. You can ship first class or parcel or priority mail. It debits your checking account automatically, its wonderful. And I use carrier pick up too (when she feels like actually coming to the door that is...).

So you can actually print out your postage with paypal shipping? No monthly fee? What's the website and how can I say you referred me if I go with them?

I want to be able to print out my own postage...that way if it's over 13 oz (new lower oz. that needs to be hand delivered into the PO to mail...) I can still print out the postage and pop it in my mailbox. My carrier told me that she can't take my packages of +13 oz., even though she knows me...but that if I printed out my own postage (since that postage is linked to my information) that she can take it!

With a 2.5 year old, staying out of the PO line is a plus for me so I would love to do it. I don't want to pay $15 per month though like a lot of these postage places charge!

Kelly, try Click N Ship, worked great for me today. And after you print your postage/label it asks you if you want to schedule pickup.https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do

Meg - definitely do not bother with stamps.com - it is a total waste of money for the kind of mailing we do. It's better for people who do a lot of selling on ebay, etc. and need to ship a bunch of packages all the time. For mailing host packets (over 13 oz) and such, usps.com click & ship is the way to go. I have used both, and usps is much cheaper and easier, IMO.

Has anyone mailed catalogs using the USPS site for Click N Ship? I need to mail out about 30 catalogs. The weight is 4.4 oz, but when I try to type that in for the click n ship, it won't let me type in the .4 part. Does anyone know what 4.4 oz is with no decimal??? I don't really want to put in 5 oz & pay more--or is there a difference? Is everything from 4.1-5 oz a certain price? HELP! I REALLY don't want to wait while they label 30 of these with a 2 1/2 year old & 1 month old!!!

Anything from 4.1 ounces through 5.0 ounces (even) is charged the 5 ounce rate. That's per USPS postage tables. The first ounce (0.1 through 1.0) is the inital rate, then each additional ounce OR FRACTION THEREOF is an additional 17 cents (or whatever, depending on the type of mail you're sending).

Debala715 said:
Kelly, try Click N Ship, worked great for me today. And after you print your postage/label it asks you if you want to schedule pickup.

https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do

Would you use personal or business for this account?

I selected Personal.

Debala715 said:
I selected Personal.

I picked the business I am guessing it could be a tax write off.

Related to Is Stamps.com Worth Using for Personal Use?

1. What is Stamps.com?

Stamps.com is an online postage service that allows you to print postage directly from your computer, without having to go to the post office.

2. How does Stamps.com work?

Stamps.com works by connecting to your existing mailing and shipping software, such as Microsoft Word or Excel, and allowing you to print postage directly onto your envelopes or labels.

3. Is Stamps.com only for business use?

No, Stamps.com can be used by both businesses and individuals. It is a convenient option for anyone who needs to send mail or packages on a regular basis.

4. Are there any additional fees for using Stamps.com?

There is a monthly subscription fee for using Stamps.com, but there are no additional fees for postage. You only pay for the postage that you print.

5. Can I use Stamps.com for international shipping?

Yes, Stamps.com offers international shipping options for over 200 countries. You can also print customs forms and track your international packages through the Stamps.com website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vanscootin
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Tara1021
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tara1021
  • Becca_in_MD