• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Those of You That Have Used Stamps.com

V
vwpamperedchef
I know there was a posting on here last week about someone wanting to try STAMPS.COM....

I got an email today, that I am part of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT! I couldn't believe it....
they are offering two free months, LOL NO THANKS. I 've had enough trouble.
I just skimmed the email, but wanted those of you to know....

Last edited by a moderator:
I still use Stamps.com, can you send me a copy of the email? I didn't get it!! My email is hev223 at yahoo.com

I use a Pitney Bowes personal postage printer--it costs me $9.95 per mont + the cost of whatever postage I use--it'sa little USB printer about 6" x 6"--and I can print stamps in any denomination--I mail a lot of stuff and if I need to print a stamp for $1.76, I just do it. It charges my account when I print it, not before. You can calculate the postage needed and there's all kinds of cool tools it comes with. It is SOOOO worth it to me to spend $10 a month NOT to have to stand in line at the post office.

Nanisu said:
I use a Pitney Bowes personal postage printer--it costs me $9.95 per mont + the cost of whatever postage I use--it'sa little USB printer about 6" x 6"--and I can print stamps in any denomination--I mail a lot of stuff and if I need to print a stamp for $1.76, I just do it. It charges my account when I print it, not before. You can calculate the postage needed and there's all kinds of cool tools it comes with. It is SOOOO worth it to me to spend $10 a month NOT to have to stand in line at the post office.

What about the packages that are over 13 oz? Do you still have to take them to the post office and drop them off to a live person or can you mail them from your mail box?

I had problems with Stamps.com a couple of years ago. I signed up for a trial with them. I decided that I was not using it as much as I thought I would and canceled my subscription. About the same time my CC# had been comprimised and my bank issued me a new one. A year later when my bank took that CC# off of the blocked list, I had a transaction of a huge amount come through my account causing me to bounce 7 checks. I was NOT happy at all! They never canceled like I requested, and it caused me to go onto bad terms with my normal everyday bills. It took me a while and luckily my bank helped me straighten it out, but it took an act of filing fraud against them for them to back off of me. It showed in their records that I never canceled, but also that I never used their services past the date I said I canceled. I evenutally got everything straightened out with everyone, but it took me almost 2 months.

pamperedpals said:
What about the packages that are over 13 oz? Do you still have to take them to the post office and drop them off to a live person or can you mail them from your mail box?

No with any service that you pay a feee for (Pitney Bowes, Stamps.com, Endicia) you can just put it out. They know where and how to find you if you do something wrong since out stamps are coded. Hope that makes sense.

Related to Those of You That Have Used Stamps.com

1. What is Stamps.com and how does it work?

Stamps.com is an online postage and shipping service that allows users to print postage labels and shipping labels from their own computer. Users can also schedule package pickups, track shipments, and access discounted rates from USPS.

2. Is Stamps.com safe and reliable?

Stamps.com uses industry-standard encryption and security measures to protect users' information. The service has been in operation since 1999 and has a track record of reliability and customer satisfaction.

3. How much does Stamps.com cost?

Stamps.com offers a variety of plans, including a basic plan for $17.99 per month and a professional plan for $24.99 per month. Additional fees may apply for certain services, such as international shipping.

4. What is the Class Action Lawsuit against Stamps.com about?

The Class Action Lawsuit against Stamps.com alleges that the company engaged in misleading and deceptive marketing practices, including charging customers for services they did not agree to and not disclosing certain fees. Stamps.com has denied any wrongdoing and has settled the lawsuit for $8.5 million.

5. Should I still use Stamps.com despite the Class Action Lawsuit?

This is ultimately a personal decision. Stamps.com has made changes to its marketing practices and has settled the lawsuit, but some users may still have concerns. It's important to do your own research and decide if Stamps.com is the right postage and shipping solution for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pckellyd
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • KimberleePowell
  • General Chat
Replies