• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stamps.com Vs. Driving to the Post Office

In summary, the monthly fee for Stamps.com saves money on postage and offers convenience over the USPS site.
vanscootin
Gold Member
I've been staring at a Stamps.com offer on my desk for almost 2 months now. I loathe, abhor, and detest going to the post office and I'm thinking about doing the Stamps.com... I was wondering if anyone has tried or uses it and what you think of it.

I order all my stamps on line from the USPS site. It saves me gas , time and is so convenient . Cannot beat the $1.00 charge.;)

Doesn't stamps.com charge a monthly fee? I just had a look, seems they want $15.99 a month.

Why would you pay that when you can print postage free from the USPS site?
https://www.prioritymail.com/online_discounts.asp?id=17633671&ssno=26968

Also, if you have PayPal account you can print & pay for shipping labels from their site and get the online discounts.
https://www.paypal.com/shipnow

You do need a scale to print your own labels if you aren't using the flat-rate priority packages. Not sure what you're shipping, but I assume it's host packets. You can have flat-rate priority envelopes delivered to your door, print the labels for $4.75 postage with delivery confirmation included, and put them out for your mail carrier to pickup. In my neighborhood we have the boxes with the red flags you raise if you have mail for them to take. In other situations, you can schedule a pickup online.

I am even more frugal- I make sure my host packets weigh 13 ounces or less and mail them first class for less than $3.50. I recycle legal-sized envelopes cuz I'm so green:thumbup:

Last edited:
otisbg said:
I order all my stamps on line from the USPS site. It saves me gas , time and is so convenient . Cannot beat the $1.00 charge.;)

I was going to say the same thing. Didn't know they had a fee but I know that you can preorder them online and have your mail carrier deliver them to you.

I use Stamps.com and LOVE it. I feel the fee is worth it, and a tip, I called and got my fee lowered to $9.99. I think you loose some reporting methods with the lower fee, but since it is just me using it I love it. I always know my postage is the correct amount and I never run out of stamps. Message me if you have more questions!

What do you get for that monthly fee, though? That's what I don't understand. Is it a bigger discount than USPS online postage?

You get the service and the only thing I know we get a discount on is Priority Mail envelopes for $4.75. I don't know what the price is on USPS.com. I also don't have to drive to the post office or worry about running out of postage. It truly is a convenience thing for me. I know you can print Priority Mail and other items on USPS.com, but you can't print regular stamps for postcards and smaller packages.

Maybe I am just cheap, but I cannot justify paying $10.00 a month for a service that is basically free. You can request any sort of priority mailing envelope, packet, box- free and print labels free.....and as mentioned before, I can order postage that I need on a weekend and it is at my house by the following Wednesday if not sooner. In these economic times, I choose to be frugal. :)

so if I go the USPS route... what do I need to do? Just go to the website and order?

Yep - You will need to establish an account - with your name address and credit/debit card number. You will then do a log-in and password and order all you want...you check out like any other online site, you will recieve a confirmation and they update you every step of the way as far as when it is sent etc...I have never been disappointed.
Hope this works for you as well as it has for me!;)

heather223 said:
You get the service and the only thing I know we get a discount on is Priority Mail envelopes for $4.75. I don't know what the price is on USPS.com. I also don't have to drive to the post office or worry about running out of postage. It truly is a convenience thing for me. I know you can print Priority Mail and other items on USPS.com, but you can't print regular stamps for postcards and smaller packages.

On top of paying for sending them? or does that include the postage? That's about the cost for the smaller Priority Mail envelopes/boxes if you buy the postage online through USPS.com But the envelopes and boxes themselves for Flat-rate/priority are FREE. You just order them and they are delivered.

I also use USPS.com for most things, and I'm going to start ordering my stamps for delivery from them as well (for $1.00- no matter the size of the order). I'm too cheap. ;)

What is Stamps.com and how does it compare to driving to the Post Office?

Stamps.com is an online postage and shipping service that allows users to print postage labels and ship packages without having to physically go to the Post Office. It provides convenience and time-saving benefits compared to driving to the Post Office.

What are the benefits of using Stamps.com over driving to the Post Office?

Using Stamps.com eliminates the need to wait in long lines at the Post Office, as well as the hassle of finding parking. It also allows you to print accurate postage from the comfort of your own home or office, and provides discounted postage rates for certain packages.

Is Stamps.com more expensive than driving to the Post Office?

The cost of using Stamps.com depends on the volume of packages and mail you send. However, in most cases, it is more cost-effective than driving to the Post Office. Stamps.com offers discounted postage rates and eliminates the cost of gas and potential parking fees associated with driving to the Post Office.

Are there any downsides to using Stamps.com instead of driving to the Post Office?

One potential downside of using Stamps.com is the initial setup process, which may take some time and effort. Additionally, if you only need to send occasional mail or packages, the monthly subscription fee for Stamps.com may not be worth it compared to the cost of driving to the Post Office.

Can I use Stamps.com for all types of mail and packages?

Stamps.com can be used for most types of mail and packages, including First-Class Mail, Priority Mail, and International Mail. However, there are certain restrictions and limitations for certain types of mail, such as Certified Mail and Media Mail. It is important to check the Stamps.com website for a full list of eligible mail and package types before using the service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • msmileyface