• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Silicon/Stainless Flat Whisk Safe for Teflon Pans?

In summary, the silicon/stainless flat whisk is safe for Teflon pans as the silicon material is non-abrasive and will not scratch or damage the Teflon coating. It will also not cause any chemical reactions with the Teflon coating as it is made of food-grade silicon and stainless steel. However, it is not recommended to use the whisk on high heat with Teflon pans as the Teflon coating can deteriorate and release toxic fumes. After using the whisk, it is best to clean it with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge, avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners. The flat whisk is designed with smooth edges and will not leave any marks or scratches on Teflon pans
Chef.Wanda
Gold Member
A client just emailed me this question. Is the answer yes?

I was looking for a whisk to use with Teflon pans. Pampered Chef shows a Stainless/Silicon flat whisk. My question is: Does "silicon" w/ stainless mean that it is safe to use on Teflon?

Thank you for your help. Wanda

that's right!

Thank you for your quick response! Will email her now.

Here's another question...

Is the silicone whisk okay to use when the recipe says not to use metal utensils/bowls, like friendship bread, sourdough, etc?

yes...it's silicone on the whisk part, but metal on the handle part! Unless you are stirring with the handle, it's OK!!!;)

1. Is the silicon/stainless flat whisk safe for Teflon pans?

Yes, the silicon/stainless flat whisk is safe for Teflon pans. The silicon material is non-abrasive and will not scratch or damage the Teflon coating on your pans.

2. Will using the flat whisk on Teflon pans cause any chemical reactions?

No, the flat whisk is made of food-grade silicon and stainless steel, which are both inert materials and will not cause any chemical reactions with the Teflon coating.

3. Can I use the flat whisk on high heat with Teflon pans?

No, it is not recommended to use the flat whisk on high heat with Teflon pans. The Teflon coating can deteriorate and release toxic fumes at high temperatures. It is best to use the whisk on low to medium heat settings.

4. How do I clean the flat whisk after using it on Teflon pans?

You can clean the flat whisk with warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners as they can damage the whisk and the Teflon coating on your pans.

5. Will the flat whisk leave any marks or scratches on my Teflon pans?

No, the flat whisk is designed with smooth edges and will not leave any marks or scratches on your Teflon pans. However, it is important to avoid using excessive force or pressing down too hard on the whisk while using it on Teflon pans to prevent any potential damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RMDave
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • Cookie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefbilyeu
  • masterschef