• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

#2482 Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk

In summary, the #2482 Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk is a versatile kitchen tool designed for mixing and blending ingredients in flat bottomed pans or dishes. It is made with a combination of stainless steel and silicone, with the stainless steel whisk being best for thick ingredients and the silicone whisk being more flexible for delicate ingredients. The whisk is safe to use on non-stick cookware and can be easily cleaned by hand or in the dishwasher. It is only available in one size, but its flat design makes it suitable for use in various sized pans or dishes.
RMDave
Gold Member
I know my way around kitchens and kitchen tools. I love whisks. My standard whisk has happily been in one of the kitchen drawers for 20+ years. Then I bought a set of Executive Cookware. So I bought the Stainless/Silicone Sauce and Flat Whisks.

Sauce whisk is fine ... but what is the actual purpose for using the flat whisk instead of the sauce whisk? Should the loops point down in the pan or up? I'm slightly confused (more than norm).

So how about somebody giving me a quick use lecture and technique lesson?

Thanks!

If you're making gravy in a pan after roasting something, your gravy will be made on a larger flat surface, meaning it isn't too deep. Since the whisk is flat, it allows you to cover more surface area than you would be able to with just the tip of a traditionally shaped whisk.

As for how to hold it, when you set it on the pan and apply just a tad bit of pressure, the tines should spread out lay flat on the pan.

Thanks Noora ... the tines do appear to bend down. Much appreciated.

What is the purpose of the #2482 Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk?

The #2482 Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk is designed for mixing and blending ingredients in a flat bottomed pan or dish.

What is the difference between a stainless steel and silicone whisk?

A stainless steel whisk is rigid and is best for mixing thick ingredients, while a silicone whisk is more flexible and works well for mixing delicate ingredients.

Is the #2482 Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk safe to use on non-stick cookware?

Yes, the silicone coating on the whisk is safe to use on non-stick surfaces and will not scratch or damage them.

How do I clean the #2482 Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk?

The whisk is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water.

Does the #2482 Stainless/Silicone Flat Whisk come in different sizes?

No, the whisk is only available in one size, but its flat design makes it versatile for use in different sized pans or dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef.Wanda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
Replies