• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Cooking in Silicone

In summary, silicone cookware is safe to use in the oven at high temperatures and with metal utensils. It can be easily cleaned with warm soapy water or in the dishwasher, but avoid using abrasive cleaners. It is not suitable for stovetop use on direct heat or open flames, but can be used on electric stovetops at low to medium heat. Silicone cookware is also non-toxic and made from food-grade silicone, making it a safe and durable option for cooking.
masterschef
Here's an email I got from a customer about the new silicone cupcake pan.

I have heard that silicone tends to break up the food, like cakes, etc. Is there any truth in that or is that just certain chef's opinions?

Anyone able to help me answer this? Thanks.

What does the customer mean by "break up the food"? Silicone just makes it easier to pop out detailed items by being flexible. If the food, for example a cupcake, is too dry, it would "break" when someone took the liner off. If that goes in the silicone pan, it would also happen. Does that make sense?

I used mine this weekend to make the Sugared Pound Cakes that are in the Use & Care and they were great!!! Very moist!!! No breakage at all, if she is meaning something like damaging the food when it come out. I just had to tap mine and they fell right out!

Related to Question About Cooking in Silicone

1. Can I use silicone cookware in the oven?

Yes, silicone cookware is safe for use in the oven. It can withstand high temperatures up to 500°F (260°C), making it suitable for baking, roasting, and broiling.

2. Is silicone cookware safe for use with metal utensils?

Yes, silicone cookware is safe for use with metal utensils. Unlike non-stick cookware, silicone is not easily scratched or damaged by metal utensils, making it a durable option for cooking.

3. How do I clean silicone cookware?

Silicone cookware is dishwasher safe, but it can also be easily hand washed with warm soapy water. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing pads, as they can damage the surface of the silicone.

4. Can I use silicone cookware on the stovetop?

Silicone cookware is not suitable for use on direct heat or open flames. It is best used in the oven or microwave, but can also be used on electric stovetops at low to medium heat settings.

5. Is silicone cookware non-toxic?

Yes, silicone cookware is non-toxic and safe for cooking. It is made from food-grade silicone, which is free from harmful chemicals like BPA and phthalates. It is also non-reactive, meaning it will not leach into your food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef.Wanda
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • tabnat80
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies