• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is PC Oversaturated in Your Area?

In summary, there are many PC consultants in your area, but there are also many people and other towns who need them. If you get negative about it, your business will be negative. You should think positively and stay positive to have a successful business.
chefsolnick
I was just curious if there were other regions/areas of the country where there were a TON of PC consultants. It seems where I am (Charlotte) there are more and more and more and more. It kind of bums me out b/c as a new consultant, I find their to be so much competition. At my last cluster meeting I talked to a new consultant (newer than me) about this and we both got discouraged. :(

It's all in your head (in a nice way!). There are so many consultants out there but there are also so many hosts and guests. There are also so many people who have not heard of PC. If you get negative about it, your business will be negative. Think positively! I would think there are a lot of PC consultants in my area (what really is a lot) but there are so many people plus other towns in this area who need me!

I live in the suburbs of Chicago and I don't feel the area is oversaturated. In fact, my director and my recruit both live in the same town as me and we have pretty busy schedules with PC. Don't get discouraged - get out there and do booths and get your name out there. There are plenty of people who still aren't familiar with PC and plenty of people who've never done shows. Ask everyone you know to host a show and before you know it you will branch out even further. I've been a consultant over 5 years now and know many consultants who have been with PC even longer so there is definitely business for everyone out there! Good luck:)

Gina M said:
I live in the suburbs of Chicago and I don't feel the area is oversaturated. In fact, my director and my recruit both live in the same town as me and we have pretty busy schedules with PC. Don't get discouraged - get out there and do booths and get your name out there. There are plenty of people who still aren't familiar with PC and plenty of people who've never done shows. Ask everyone you know to host a show and before you know it you will branch out even further. I've been a consultant over 5 years now and know many consultants who have been with PC even longer so there is definitely business for everyone out there! Good luck:)

My director, my old recruiter, several other directors (including upper level directors) and more consultants than I can count live within 30 miles of me!

There may be lots of consultants in your area but just think of how many KITCHENS there are! :) Good luck!

Home Office has done some field research right there in Chicago around home office asking people if they are familiar with PC. Turns out there are LOTS of people that probably walk around, drive around, etc. Home Office and don't even know about PC nor have been offered PC products, hosting, or the business.

If there are people right there that haven't been talked to about PC then it's easy to imagine that your area has lots of opportunity as well.

My newest consultant lives about 2 miles from me, is a business owner in our small-ish town, and everyone she's doing PC business with is noone I've ever come into contact with before (other than some that were at her show I did for her before she signed).

I think of it this way, unless my team members and I know EVERY SINGLE exact same person, then there is plenty of business for each of us.

There are four of us in my Bible study of only about 60 women - that is A LOT. But we rarely run across customers who have been to each others shows (who aren't members of our Bible study that is). Try to stay possative and work your business. Don't worry about what other consultants are doing.

There are over 10 within a 4 mile radius of me ;) But guess what, it's all about being positive. It's SO easy to get discouraged when it seems like everyone you have talked to already knows a consultant. But guess what?! Just keep talking to different people! Remember for every 100 nos you'll have a few yeses? Well, it's the exact same! Talk to 100 people [from different places]. I bet you'll find 10 that don't know a consultant and need to!

I live in a one stoplight town and there are 3 of us here. Funny thing is, none of us really do shows in our town. I do most of mine in the larger (still small town) about 15 min up the road. My Executive Director lives in a town about 25-30 min in the opposite direction, so that tells you that there are a lot of consultants in the area and a lot of active consultants and directors. I really don't cross paths with them much. The only case is that I had had shows and many of my friends had shows before I decided to sign, so many of them were her customers first, although my good friends are obviously now my customers.

kcjodih said:
There may be lots of consultants in your area but just think of how many KITCHENS there are! :) Good luck!

This is so true! I still meet people who have never heard of PC!

Everyone has a kitchen & eats
never met a person yet who doesn't meet this criteria.It will affect your business if you allow it to. Think of the sales force of Mary Kay and they still do thriving business. It is ok, don't let other people determine your success (or lack of)

I have a large team of over 150 people, most live withing 30 minutes of me. I know of at least 10 other directors within 30 minutes of me as well. If you think there is a finite amount of customer and hostess, WRONG :D !! You CREATE your OWN business with Pampered Chef. People will want to do business with YOU because YOU are awesome!

No matter how many Consultants there in this company, there will ALWAYS be more kitchens than consultants:chef:

I recently moved from a city center in Nova Scotia to a rural town (actually called a village;)) about 1.5 hours away from my previous town. The place I started my business had one consultant (in my cluster) on the next street over and we only had 1 customer in common - my neighbour across the street. There was also at least another consultant in that same town, but I never met any of her customers. And, a lot of my customer base was actually 30-40 minutes away from my house. You never know where your business will lead you.

Now, in the village where we decided to move this summer.....there is a Director who had 17 recruits last year (maybe it was 2008, but either way!) - the most in Canada for that year. She was a Military move and did not know a soul when she moved - and ended up recruiting 17 people in her first year of business in NS.

I live like 5 minutes from her house! She was the one who told me, there will always be more kitchens than consultants:D She doesn't like to drive, so if she has to travel more than 10 minutes for a show, she is recruiting. Those were her words! All around us are small rural towns and each of them may have 1 or more consultants, but I decided to stop worrying about "the competition" after chatting with her. She's not my director or even in my cluster, so if she's not worried about over saturation, then I shouldn't be either:)

Talk to everyone you meet about PC.....they may have a consultant now, but if you connect with them and at least give them something with your contact info on it they will have YOU to call if their current consultant leaves PC or the area - you never know when you'll get a call!

HTH

Cheers,
Debbie

I live in Maryland, near Annapolis and i know a TON of PC consults near me. That being said I stay very busy. Today is my 90-day mark and I have already hit my $15,000 in sales for that 2% raise. My Jan is booked solid. I did a show last night and 4 people there had never attended a show before. So it's really all how you look at it. Yes, there may be a lot of others selling, but there are still tons of customers out there! Good luck...you can do it!

kcjodih said:

This! :)

slattanzia said:
I live in Maryland, near Annapolis and i know a TON of PC consults near me. That being said I stay very busy. Today is my 90-day mark and I have already hit my $15,000 in sales for that 2% raise. My Jan is booked solid. I did a show last night and 4 people there had never attended a show before. So it's really all how you look at it. Yes, there may be a lot of others selling, but there are still tons of customers out there! Good luck...you can do it!

Maybe I need to move to Maryland! LOL! It's just really slow for me right now. I don't have another cooking show booked until the end of January. I'm hoping to book some more between now and then. I need to stay much busier than this, for sure.

slattanzia said:

Way to go!!

Also, a lot of consultants are very part-time and maybe just do enough to stay active.

MLinAZ said:
Home Office has done some field research right there in Chicago around home office asking people if they are familiar with PC. Turns out there are LOTS of people that probably walk around, drive around, etc. Home Office and don't even know about PC nor have been offered PC products, hosting, or the business.

QUOTE]

This is so true. My cousin who lives in Chicago was at my house for Thanksgiving and one her of friends LOVES to cook and has never heard of PC. I sent her home with a catalog.

Related to Is PC Oversaturated in Your Area?

1. How do I know if my area is oversaturated with Pampered Chef consultants?

One way to determine if your area is oversaturated is to research online and see how many other consultants are currently operating in your area. You can also ask your upline or fellow consultants for their insights and experiences in your area.

2. What are the disadvantages of working in an oversaturated area?

One disadvantage is that you may have a harder time finding new customers and booking parties, as there may already be established consultants in the area. You may also face more competition and have to work harder to stand out and differentiate yourself from other consultants.

3. Can I still be successful in an oversaturated area?

Yes, it is still possible to be successful in an oversaturated area. You may need to work harder and be more creative in finding new customers and hostesses. Building strong relationships with your current customers and providing excellent customer service can also help you stand out in a crowded market.

4. What can I do to stand out in an oversaturated market?

Some ways to stand out in an oversaturated market include offering unique and personalized services, providing excellent customer service, and utilizing social media and other online platforms to reach potential customers. You can also consider partnering with other local businesses or attending events and fairs to expand your reach.

5. Should I consider expanding to a new area if mine is oversaturated?

Expanding to a new area can be a good option if you feel like you have reached your full potential in your current area. However, it is important to thoroughly research and understand the new market before investing time and resources. You may also want to consider expanding your reach through online sales and marketing instead of physically moving to a new area.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • Dori Province
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hunkiemunkie