• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Pampered Chef Etiquette in a Military Community

or blatantly lying about what her territory is. She's confident because she's doing well...but that doesn't mean everyone else is. You're welcome to host cooking classes, but don't worry about the territorial conflict. It will blow over in 90 days.
hunkiemunkie
I'm a new PC consultant and I was wondering what is the ettiquite regarding territory with PC.

We're a military family and fairly new to the area and won't be here much longer ( We move right after my 90 days are up). I know the military community is saturated with DS consultants and this is part of the reason I didn't attempt PC while we were stationed in Germany. You couldn't turn around with out bumping into a consultant.

So like a good girl I've been putting myself out there as much as possible trying to build my business. I ran into another PC consultant today and was quite excited. My recuiter/director/friend is still in Germany, so I feel like I'm out here by myself. Anyhoo, I was passing out an invitation to my grand opening, not knowing she was a consultant and she gave me back the invitation, told me that she was the PC lady for the area/base, and that she already had a booth at the upcomming festival (don't even know what she's talking about, only been here four months) so it would be best if I didn't waste my time, but good luck.

WTH???!!! I didn't think there were territories with PC and not only that, I am planning a really big HWC fundraiser for the end of October, which I'm coughing up some hard earned money for, and have been planning since I signed, and :confused: now I'm worried this chick is going to try to mess it up for me.

Any advice?

Last edited:
There are no territories. That is the nice thing about PC. My town of 30,000 has plenty of room for PC consultants and there are a lot of people who DO NOT have PC and believe it or not haven't heard of PC. I would go ahead with your plans to expand your business. The only ettiquite I believe to follow is: I don't go out of my way to take booths I know have been filled by other PC consultants. I had this issue a few years ago. Though we have no territories,an advanced director (from another cluster) who lives an hour from my small town, had a fit when one of her local downline (living in my small town) chose to pass information about a booth to me. She was unable to do it. I'd worked the booth with her the previous year. The advanced director said she HAD to keep it in her cluster, though the cluster lived an hour away. The AD flat out told me they were going to be there to get new consultants and I could have any bookings. WTHeck? Our local town wanted LOCAL vendors. I applied for the booth too. When the festival said we both were invited, I was told to back out. I refused, since this was a big event in MY town I had planned on. That was 3 years ago. The AD has banned me from joining in any of the clusters activities and to this day snubs me at conference. I've been told by another AD, that this other AD has poor ethical ways. No kidding.

Advice? You bet! Here's my Jersey coming out, hunkiemunkie! Tell that other consultant to go "sit on it!" (Love Fonzie) There are no territories. And my gut says that with her attitude that you will find PLENTY of people who do not want to deal with her, but haven't found anyone else. I wouldn't go out of my way to harm her business, but I wouldn't hold mine back, either. You will find lots of encouragement here!Never did like bullies.

Wow...talk about ignorance and rudeness. Glad she's confident and considers herself THE PC Lady. Doesn't mean others do. Rise above it and work your biz. People will book and buy from you because of you. If she's that rude to a fellow consultant, chances definitely are that she's rubbed others the wrong way too.

Continue to seek events and host shows that will expand your biz. No need to even bring her up. If she badmouths you, she'll look bad and may actually help expand your biz! lol

My very 1st recruit lives across the cul de sac from me...we have never had a problem with finding shows or running into the same circle.

Besides, in 90 days....you'll be expanding your biz in a new area and won't need to worry about her. :D

How about looking at social clubs or support groups on base where they'll allow you to host a monthly cooking class?

No territories at all. The other consultant is either unclear on PC policies or trying to intimidate you. We have no territories. The fact that she has a spot in the upcoming festival lets you know not to pursue that event. As we say here, bless and release. Work your business in an open and friendly way, and you'll be a success.

As Hank Hill would say, "What a b**ch."

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I found out about the fair she was talking about. It's not that big so I wouldn't have even wanted to set up another PC booth anyway.

Here's the kicker that I left out yesterday in my anger.

I was in a shop at the time speaking with the girl behind the counter about my party and the lady chimmed in about wishing she could go out. That's why I invited her to begin with. Well, the shop I was in I had pampered their business a few weeks earlier, and gotten 2 shows off of. I was just in there to by a top and get some face time about my grand opening. LMBO! So much for her being the PC Lady.

Please DO NOT let that discourage you. Work your business. People will tell you if they already have a consultant and you just smile and say "Great and thanks for telling me".

When I signed up, I signed up under my Cousin's Wife, my best friend..We lived in the Same town, had most same friends, and of course same family..Our town isn't that big, so we also had most the same activitys..but we made it work. If one of us approched someone the other one would back off. Only once did we have a small situation, when I over spoke myself, but we worked it out fast for the customers sake. We did have a few circles that were different peer groups, like church, work, schools.

My point being, no matter what the relationship is, or how small the town is there is always enough buisness out there for all of us. So my advice just work your buisness, and if paths cross again, remember a future customer might be watching in the distance. So set the example of how our PC attitude should be. Sounds like you did a great job.

I have to say this and in good conscience I can because of the way you were treated. Whatever you do, DO NOT play her game. There is only one reason a consultant will do something like that and that is that her own business is faltering. So she is now worried because now her people have someone else to go to. And when they do, that is a choice they made not you. It is not stealing when the commodity is offered and given to you.

pampered1224 said:
I have to say this and in good conscience I can because of the way you were treated. Whatever you do, DO NOT play her game. There is only one reason a consultant will do something like that and that is that her own business is faltering. So she is now worried because now her people have someone else to go to. And when they do, that is a choice they made not you. It is not stealing when the commodity is offered and given to you.

What John said....

Uh, huh, what John said . . .

I had a situation occur like that when a consultant tried to intimidate me into not attend an event again. We both had booths, but it's a REALLY big event where people don't get to every booth. Otherwise, I wouldn't have done it with another consultant there. Fast forward a few years and mine is THE PC booth. I get a lot of interest and have actually had to expand to accommodate the people looking at my booth. I know that people order from her and, honestly, think that's great. The super thing about direct sales is as a customer, you can choose who you deal with. I NEVER bad mouth her even though she's been creeping closer to my booth for some reason. Doesn't hurt me a bit. I leave with more leads than I can deal with and I just hope that she does the same.

I am so sorry to hear this. I have had nothing but good experiences from other consultants. And found them to be very helpful. I can from another direct selling company that was very cut throat. PC amazed me.

Your business, YOUR WAY! Be amazing. :)

leftymac said:
As Hank Hill would say, "What a b**ch."
For real!!!!!!

1. What is the appropriate way to invite military spouses to a Pampered Chef party?

When inviting military spouses to a Pampered Chef party, it is important to be respectful of their busy schedules. Send out invitations at least 2-3 weeks in advance and include an RSVP date. Be understanding if they are unable to attend due to their spouse's military duties.

2. Can I offer discounts or special deals to military families?

Yes, it is perfectly okay to offer discounts or special deals to military families as a way to show appreciation for their service. Just make sure to clearly communicate the details and restrictions of the offer to avoid any confusion.

3. How should I handle last-minute cancellations from military spouses?

Military life is unpredictable, and last-minute cancellations may happen due to unexpected deployments or other obligations. As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to be understanding and offer alternatives to those who are unable to attend, such as placing an order online or scheduling a personal consultation at a later time.

4. Is it appropriate to ask for military ID when offering a military discount?

No, it is not appropriate to ask for military ID when offering a military discount. The military lifestyle can be hectic, and some spouses may not have their ID readily available. It is better to trust that they are being honest about their military affiliation.

5. How can I support military spouses who may be new to the area?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can offer a warm and welcoming environment for military spouses who may be new to the area. Consider hosting a special "welcome party" for them, offering a small gift or discount, and providing information about local resources and activities. This will not only make them feel appreciated but also help them feel more connected to the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cyndi Reeder
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • crystalscookingnow