• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef and People of a Deeper Hue Question

In summary, Becky's experience is that people are interested in Pampered Chef, but there are some cultural differences that she needs to take into account when she is promoting the product.
Kathytnt
I have a sincere question. I was called to do a fundraiser and just did a Bridal show in an area that has a high precentage of minorities. I am caucasian. At the fundraiser I was the only person that was white. The look on the kids faces when they saw me setting up was priceless. They walked and said Oh My Goodness. Everyone was very sweet. The fundraising host had about 12 people there and only 3 had ever been to a PC show or had PC products. She has 3 bookings so I am talking to her about being a consultant.
At the bridal show yesterday they did a bingo games so all the bride's had to go to all vendors. TONS of people were not familiar with Pampered Chef but I noticed a large percentage of the women of color were unaware of Pampered Chef. Does anyone know why??? I hope this is not a naive question. I started promoting the business opportunity and ended up with 9 maybe's and 7 replied yes. :eek: WOW!

Kathy, I have no idea ... It might just be your area that you live in. I live in Georgia and ALOT of my shows are with African Americans. Thats awesome about your potential recruits though! Congrats on that! Also, I see you havent been with the PC for over a year but you are celebrating your 15k in sales??? WOW!

Oops - I need to update that - The anniversary of my first show was April 1 - The day of that fundraiser. If my one consultant that is swamped right now gets in her waiver I think I will re-promote to FD next week. She is in danger of going inactive but the girl is working full time and working on her doctorate as well as doing PC.

How awesome about the potential recruits!! As for your question, I do not know why this is an untapped market in your area. But know you have found some great interest!!:)

I'm not sure why PC is not as well known in the African-American community.....but I do know that for me, I have a ton of non-Caucasian customers - I met one lady in the Health Food Store, and she wanted to have a party.....and it just springboarded from there. There are some cultural differences I have noticed, and adjust my show to meet those:

1. Food is expected....the host ALWAYS has a feast ready when I arrive.
2. Everyone invited (just about) comes - but not all spend.
3. Everyone brings their kids - but the older watch the younger, and I've never had a problem w/ interruptions at the show.
4. LOTS AND LOTS of questions - and if you make something, be sure and have the recipe to hand out, or you will be repeating it many times during the show!
5. WAY more respectful of times when I am talking - they talk, but it's always about the product or the recipe....

Actually, my shows with the African-American group of ladies that I have developed are my favorite shows - so much fun and laughter, I always walk away feeling good.....and as one of them told me a few months ago - now I'm an "honorary black girl"! :D :D (the only one w/ blonde hair and blue eyes!)

Chef Becky that is just what happened - I didn't eat all the food they were serving and I didn't want to offend but I have a sensetive tummy and a long drive back home. I would really love to tap this market. It would be difficult for folks form this area to get to our cluster meetings but I would be willing to go to them to do meetings.

ChefBeckyD said:
There are some cultural differences I have noticed, and adjust my show to meet those:

1. Food is expected....the host ALWAYS has a feast ready when I arrive.
2. Everyone invited (just about) comes - but not all spend.
3. Everyone brings their kids - but the older watch the younger, and I've never had a problem w/ interruptions at the show.
4. LOTS AND LOTS of questions - and if you make something, be sure and have the recipe to hand out, or you will be repeating it many times during the show!
5. WAY more respectful of times when I am talking - they talk, but it's always about the product or the recipe....

Becky, you've described my experience EXACTLY.

Also, it's been my experience that a product can do something interesting/impressive/out of the ordinary, you will probably be asked to do it right then and there. For example, after saying that you could make a cake in 11 minutes using the Rice Cooker Plus, someone sent her husband out to the store to get some cake mix, so we could try it! At the same show, when asked how strong the kitchen shears (old style) are, I told them that I'd seen someone cut a penny in half with them (Tom Marston). Out came the pennies!

The great thing about it, though, is that our products really do what we say they will. That makes it so much fun to demonstrate, because the "oohs & ahhs" are such a great reward.

This is not a big market in my area either. I had one African American show interest in doing a show but never did. I have a few that purchase from me but do not do shows.

Unfortunately we can't bring everything to a show. I guess it is key to show off the higher dollar and classic items and book more shows.

KimmyDarling said:
Becky, you've described my experience EXACTLY.

Also, it's been my experience that a product can do something interesting/impressive/out of the ordinary, you will probably be asked to do it right then and there. For example, after saying that you could make a cake in 11 minutes using the Rice Cooker Plus, someone sent her husband out to the store to get some cake mix, so we could try it! At the same show, when asked how strong the kitchen shears (old style) are, I told them that I'd seen someone cut a penny in half with them (Tom Marston). Out came the pennies!

The great thing about it, though, is that our products really do what we say they will. That makes it so much fun to demonstrate, because the "oohs & ahhs" are such a great reward.

Kim - you are so right! I forgot to mention that part! Also - I have had them actually leave the show (after it was over) and call me from the grocery store - they were going to make the same recipe I demoed at the show, and were buying ingredients and had a question! I love enthusiasm like that!

I have a neighbor who is Puerto Rican (they make it a point to inform you that they are PR) and I think the thing I love about doing shows from this circle is the feeling of inclusion and their loyalty. I love doing shows for this group, and its to the point that when they have a party (birthday or whatever) they invite me! From my neighbor, Carmen (has had 2 $1500 shows) I have had three shows and 1 recruit lead. Amazing ladies.

And, funny thing... 99% of them pay in cash--exact change.

ChefBeckyD said:
Kim - you are so right! I forgot to mention that part! Also - I have had them actually leave the show (after it was over) and call me from the grocery store - they were going to make the same recipe I demoed at the show, and were buying ingredients and had a question! I love enthusiasm like that!

Becky, I've had to give out a shopping list for the ingredients, too!

is there a list somewhere that says all the "cool" things our stuff can do? like the kitchen shears cutting the penny in half? i would like to know that stuff so i can demo ALL the uses of something maybe

1. What is Pampered Chef and what products do you sell?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cookware. Our products range from cutlery and cookware to baking and grilling tools, as well as pantry items and cookbooks. We also offer a variety of products specifically designed for people of a deeper hue.

2. What makes Pampered Chef's products suitable for people of a deeper hue?

We understand that people of a deeper hue may have different needs and preferences when it comes to cooking and using kitchen tools. That's why we offer products that are specifically designed with these needs in mind, such as wider and more ergonomic handles, deeper and wider cookware, and products with features specifically for curly or textured hair.

3. How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through our independent consultants, who host in-home cooking shows and online parties. You can also shop directly on our website or attend one of our local pop-up events.

4. Are Pampered Chef products affordable?

We strive to offer high-quality products at affordable prices. We also offer special discounts and promotions throughout the year, so be sure to check with your consultant or our website for the latest deals.

5. Can I become a Pampered Chef consultant and sell products to people of all hues?

Absolutely! We welcome consultants from all backgrounds and communities. As a consultant, you have the opportunity to share our products with people of all hues and help them find the best tools for their cooking needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Laura4
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
  • Christine Hughes