• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Pampered Chef Taking Over the Internet?

In summary, the conversation discusses the increase in banner ads for PC on various websites. It is believed that these ads are targeted based on internet activity and cookies. It is against company policy for consultants to place these ads and they may be unaware that their links eventually redirect to the main PC site. There is also discussion about the possibility of linking directly to a consultant's personal website and the consequences of doing so.
NooraK
Gold Member
Is it just me, or have y'all been seeing more banner ads on websites for PC?

I just saw one today on Etiquette Hell, and it actually keeps coming back for me even when I close and re-open the page:

Things Aren’t Always As They Seem

There is nothing PC showing up when I click your link. At least not for me!

pcsharon1 said:
There is nothing PC showing up when I click your link. At least not for me!

They are in rotation with many others.

I had one on Yahoo answers I think- when you click on it it was a consultant- I reported it...

nancycookspc said:
I had one on Yahoo answers I think- when you click on it it was a consultant- I reported it...

When I clicked on it, it just took me to the PC main page. But I've seen them on other websites, too. They're very professional looking, and use the same color scheme as the main PC website, so I'm sure they're done by Home Office.

I'm pretty sure these are ads that show up because a lot of what we do on line has something to do with PC. Cookies track where we go, what websites we're viewing, etc. Then we see ads for things that interest us!

mountainmama74 said:
I'm pretty sure these are ads that show up because a lot of what we do on line has something to do with PC. Cookies track where we go, what websites we're viewing, etc. Then we see ads for things that interest us!

I called tech support-
and they said the same thing

PC does not put in banner ads- actually its against policy for a consultant to do that.
as per tech support

Did I read somewhere that if you link directly to your own personal websites online catalog that the link will expire in a day or two, and redirect to HO online catalog? If HO doesn't place banner ads, then it must be consultants doing it. As far as the banners being professional looking, I don't think that'd be too hard. I can whip a professional looking banner graphic up in about 5 minutes.I guess the consultants who do this don't realize that their links expire in a day or so, and that they're paying their own money to an ad agency to simply direct traffic to the lead system.

nancycookspc said:
I called tech support-
and they said the same thing

PC does not put in banner ads- actually its against policy for a consultant to do that.
as per tech support

jimgass said:
Did I read somewhere that if you link directly to your own personal websites online catalog that the link will expire in a day or two, and redirect to HO online catalog? If HO doesn't place banner ads, then it must be consultants doing it. As far as the banners being professional looking, I don't think that'd be too hard. I can whip a professional looking banner graphic up in about 5 minutes.

I guess the consultants who do this don't realize that their links expire in a day or so, and that they're paying their own money to an ad agency to simply direct traffic to the lead system.

Now it's really bugging me. I know that consultants are not allowed to do so. And yes, if you link to any part of your PWS except the main page, it'll eventually de-link and go to the main site. But I could have sworn this one just went to the main site, not a PWS.

I suppose it wuold be the proper punishment for someone breaking the rules that the money they're spending on the ad is sending leads to the main PC site...

I checked out the site you posted and kept refreshing it until the PC banner came up. When I clicked on it, it brought up a PWS....MINE! I didn't do it! I was just on my PWS earlier today so maybe its just saved in the history or something, but I dont want ot get into trouble for something I didn't do!!!!!!!

Did it direct anyone else to your own PWS?

Don't do it. Play by the rules. Sounds like the original post person found a link that had already been re-directed to PC.com. As far as liking to "a PWS...MINE!" it probably had to do with cookies and recent visits. Just my opinion...

scottcooks said:
Don't do it. Play by the rules.

Sounds like the original post person found a link that had already been re-directed to PC.com. As far as liking to "a PWS...MINE!" it probably had to do with cookies and recent visits. Just my opinion...

Yes, going to your own PWS (or that of another consultant you know, like previously mentioned) is probably due to the fact that you recently visited that site, and it's in your cookies.

My 12 yo daughter saw one on the home page of one of her online games, Wee World. She called me over and showed it to me. I had her click on it (curious to see whose website it would link to) and it went to the main PC web page.

This was 2 weeks ago...

Related to Is Pampered Chef Taking Over the Internet?

1. What are Pampered Chef Banner Ads?

Pampered Chef Banner Ads are digital advertisements that feature products and promotions from Pampered Chef, a direct sales kitchenware company. These ads are typically displayed on websites and social media platforms to reach potential customers.

2. How can I use Pampered Chef Banner Ads?

You can use Pampered Chef Banner Ads by sharing them on your personal social media pages, including them in your email marketing campaigns, or displaying them on your own website or blog. You can also join the Pampered Chef affiliate program to earn commissions by promoting these ads.

3. Are there different sizes of Pampered Chef Banner Ads available?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of banner ad sizes to fit different websites and platforms. These sizes include leaderboard (728x90), medium rectangle (300x250), and skyscraper (160x600). You can also customize the ad size by using the provided HTML code.

4. Can I create my own Pampered Chef Banner Ads?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides a tool called the Banner Builder that allows you to create your own customized banner ads. You can choose from a variety of templates, add your own images and text, and then download the ad to use on your website or social media platforms.

5. How effective are Pampered Chef Banner Ads in driving sales?

Pampered Chef Banner Ads have proven to be effective in driving sales for the company. They are designed to catch the attention of potential customers and promote specific products, leading to increased sales and revenue. Additionally, by using the provided tracking links, you can track the success of your banner ads and make adjustments for better performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Cathy Boucher
  • Admin Greg