• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is NC Worth the Investment? Exploring Benefits & Risks of Attending

In summary, NC is definitely worth the money to go if you are looking to grow your business. You will learn a lot and be motivated to succeed.
ChefTPhad
Is NC really worth the money to go? I am trying to decide if I should spend the money and vacation time on it or not. I just started with PC about 2 months ago so of course I am a little nervous at this point about throwing a bunch of money into this venture. What is everyone's opinion? What will I really learn at conference? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Put it this way - the first year I went to NC, when I got back, my show sales QUADRUPLED.
So, yeah - I'd certainly say it's WORTH IT

I just started PC at the end of last year (Oct). I have heard so many great things about NC that I signed up the first day of registration!! I have heard nothing but great ways in which it helps your business. I am really really hoping to come back with some great tips for not just selling but booking and recruiting too. The way I figure it, the more I'm expecting to get out of my business...the more I need to be willing to put into it! I also used my PC$$ that I earned in my first 30 and 90 days to pay for most of the confrence cost. Right now I'm only out of pocket for the airfare and hotel (which I'm splitting with the other girls in my room).

I hope you go! I'm anxious to meet other PC folks!!

Conference like everything is what you make of it. If you get home and do nothing with what you have learned then yes it is a waste of money. If you love PC and want to grow and to make it a part of your life then yes go to NC!

COMPLETELY worth the money spent! I was nervous and skeptical the first time I went as well, now I have no doubts! NC is the best thing I have done for my biz!

I've only been in the biz for 2 months and I'm going. I have heard nothing but great things and am planning on learning as much as I can and come home and light my biz on fire! (not literally!)
I plan on talking to as many new people and picking their brains. Oooh, I'm just so excited.But, if it is going to be difficult financially you might want to wait till next year or see if there are any regional meetings near you.

the most productive member of my cluster said that her sales and recruits doubled after NC. so, you'd better believe i'm going!

It is absolutely 100% worth it.

I first went to NC in 2006, 4 months after I joined PC. I came home with so much determination to grow my business, but the grief over the death of my husband finally caught up with me around November of that year. I ended up going inactive for almost a full year. I've been back selling since Oct 2007 (just a month shy of having to re-sign) and am geared for NC this year! I've made new goals for myself (and shared them with my Director) and I'm looking forward to getting new ideas, hearing testimony of how others have succeeded at PC, and meeting new friends!I can tell you, if you do decide to go, you will NOT regret it!

Definitely worth it! The year I started in Dec. and went to NC. When I returned, two weeks later, I had 2 $1000 shows on the same day! I had a blast and learned so much for my business. Go for it!

It is not cheap, for sure, but you will get so much out of it.

It's like revival with pots and pans!

It is totally what you make of it. I've been selling since March '06, and have been to NC twice now. I learned so much and felt so motivated, while I was in Chicago. But when I came home I didn't utilize the info. Now I am debating whether i can justify spending the money to go this year if I dont use what I learn when I get back. It's definitly fun and informative and if you think you will use everything you learn, it will be worth the investment.

NC is definately worth the money. You will get so much information and motivation. You will see consultants at every level...hobby, part-time, full-time. You will see all different kinds of people and come away with a sense that "if they can do it, I can do it"...and so can anyone else.

LIke everyone has already stated - it is definitely worth the money if you actually do something with the info once you return home.

to add to what everyone said - it shows you the "BIG PICTURE" what PC is all about - you will be blown away.

I totally agree! It does wonders for me & my business. I look forward to going all year.

Tphad, your original question asked what you'll really learn at conference. Luckily, HO lets us pick the workshops we take, so we can customize our conference experiences (to a point) to fit our own businesses. My first year, I took a workshop in each of the main business areas: host coaching, recruiting, getting bookings, etc. Now, I take a look at my business and pick workshops to improve the weak areas. Of course, as several people have mentioned, if you don't make the effort to apply what you learn, you might as well throw the money away.

1. What are the potential benefits of attending NC?

Some potential benefits of attending NC include gaining a higher education, expanding your knowledge and skills, networking with industry professionals, and potentially increasing job opportunities and earning potential.

2. Are there any potential risks associated with attending NC?

As with any investment, there are potential risks associated with attending NC. These may include financial costs, time commitment, and potential for academic challenges. It's important to carefully consider these risks before making a decision.

3. What is the average cost of attending NC?

The cost of attending NC can vary depending on factors such as in-state or out-of-state tuition, housing, and meal plans. It's best to check with the school directly for the most accurate and up-to-date cost information.

4. Can attending NC help advance my career?

Attending NC can provide you with valuable skills and knowledge that can help advance your career. Additionally, the networking opportunities and connections made during your time at NC can also be beneficial for career growth.

5. How can I determine if attending NC is the right decision for me?

It's important to carefully consider your personal goals and priorities, as well as the potential benefits and risks, in order to determine if attending NC is the right decision for you. You may also want to speak with current students or alumni, as well as admissions counselors, to gather more information and insights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views