• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pros and Cons of Attending Nat'l Conference vs. LC: Insights from Past Attendees

In summary, Leadership is more focused on business success and less focused on looks. The cost of attendance is definitely worth it, as the training and networking opportunities are much better than at National Conference.
cookn' katie
I was wondering how past Nat'l Conference goers think when comparing going to NC and LC? With the cost of living, I would love to go, but looking at it realistically. It is alot of money. Also, living in the mid west, traveling can be a big deal. I wish it was somewhere sunny and warm, then I would just have to worry about getting home. How much does it usally cost in the past for the conference. Most airfare that I am looking at is $300-400. Ouch!! Is it worth it or just save my money. Thanks Katie

Leadership is SO worth it! My experience has been that things aren't sugar coated at Leadership the way they sometimes are at NC. I've been in workshops at NC where the speakers say "If you do xxx" so they don't offend the consultants who are hobbyists. But at Leadership, there's more "When you do xxx." They assume that if you've made the investment in your business to qualify to go and to actually go that you're serious.You'll be able to network with other consultants who are working their businesses. They've recruited at least 2 and are consistent. THOSE are the brains you want to pick - not the people who turn in $200 every other month just so they don't lose their career sales.This one's a little less concrete, but there's less of a culture of the "haves" and "have nots" at Leadership. Because there aren't ribbons for TPC or career club, and everyone has at least one (FD, D, etc), there are less obvious differences between people. There aren't consultants with no ribbons kowtowing to those with 6. Another thing I LOVE about Leadership is there's much less recognition. It makes the general sessions far more tolerable to sit through.

I agree, I think Leadership is more nuts and bolts.

It is completely worth the investment! I learned things at Leadership that directly impacted my business! The energy from all the leaders there is tremendous.

I agree as well- I like both conferences for different reasons- National Conference for me is more social, connecting with my Team, and networking, etc. For me, Leadership is Learning time for me to learn from the leaders!!!!

Leaderhip is on a smaller scale ~ more on a personal scale.

Training classes are more focused and BETTER . . .

. . . that is is YOU are or WANT to be a Leader!

I LOVE Leadership FAR more than National.

What are the pros and cons of joining Pampered Chef as a consultant?

Pros: 1. Flexible Work Schedule: As a consultant, you have the freedom to set your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want.2. Generous Compensation: Pampered Chef offers a competitive compensation plan with the potential to earn up to 25% commission on your sales.3. Support and Training: The company provides extensive training and support to help you succeed as a consultant.4. Discounts and Perks: As a consultant, you are eligible for discounts on products and exclusive perks such as trips and recognition for your achievements.5. Personal and Professional Growth: Becoming a consultant allows you to develop your sales, communication, and leadership skills, which can benefit you both personally and professionally.Cons: 1. Initial Investment: There is a small initial investment to become a consultant, which includes purchasing a starter kit and business supplies.2. Self-Motivation Required: As a consultant, you are responsible for setting and achieving your own goals, so self-motivation is essential.3. Time Commitment: Building a successful Pampered Chef business requires time and effort, so it may not be the best fit for those with limited availability.4. Market Saturation: Depending on your location, there may be a lot of other Pampered Chef consultants in your area, making it more challenging to stand out and find new customers.5. Sales Skills Needed: Being a successful consultant requires strong sales skills, so if you are not comfortable with selling, this may not be the right opportunity for you.

Back