• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Too Late to Replace a Dull Chopping Blade?

At my last show I was chopping the chicken for the jerk nachos and it was all getting stuck on top by the blade and it was super hard to get through the chicken almost like my blade is dull. Oh, and the chicken was cut into cubes before chopping it. I have only had it since march. Can I send it back for being dull? It was pretty embarrassing at my show....I've heard you can sharpen it with tin foil. I love using the salad choppers for chicken!If the chicken was hot that will make it get stuck. It softens the plastic guard piece. If it is really getting dull HO will exchange it for you though. Make sure you are using a good cutting
sherid
At my last show I was chopping the chicken for the jerk nachos and it was all getting stuck on top by the blade and it was super hard to get through the chicken almost like my blade is dull. Oh, and the chicken was cut into cubes before chopping it. I have only had it since march. Can I send it back for being dull? It was pretty embarrassing at my show.

I've heard you can sharpen it with tin foil. I love using the salad choppers for chicken!

If the chicken was hot that will make it get stuck. It softens the plastic guard piece. If it is really getting dull HO will exchange it for you though. Make sure you are using a good cutting board and not wood or glass.

I would not use the chopper to cut the chicken. You want to use as many products as you can so use a knife or the salad chopper for the chicken and use the chopper for the peppers.

wadesgirl said:
I've heard you can sharpen it with tin foil. I love using the salad choppers for chicken!

How do you sharpen it with tin foil? I've been noticing both of my choppers getting, well, less sharp (I don't want to call them dull!), even though I have only ever used them self-contained or on a PC board.

I thought you could sharpen the blades chopping ice. Thought I heard that here.

Chopping ice will ruin the blades in the chopper! but chopping ice has been a tip shared by many consultants for years. HO mentioned in an email that it will ruin the blades and not to share that tip.

Ruin, like bend? Glad I only told that to one person, and can't remember who.
Does the foil technique work?

I don't know whether the foil technique works - I've never needed to sharpen my food chopper. And I've had it 7 years.And, yes, ruin as in bend and nick the blades.

The chicken was cold and I use pc cutting boards. When I do the jerk nachos, I cut the peppers with a knife and use the chopper for the chicken. What do you guys all use for this recipe??

KateD said:
How do you sharpen it with tin foil? I've been noticing both of my choppers getting, well, less sharp (I don't want to call them dull!), even though I have only ever used them self-contained or on a PC board.
It's just something I've heard, never tried. You just use a ball of tin foil and chop at it. Never use ice, it has bad results on your blades!

sherid said:
The chicken was cold and I use pc cutting boards. When I do the jerk nachos, I cut the peppers with a knife and use the chopper for the chicken. What do you guys all use for this recipe??

I use the chopper for the pepper and the salad choppers for the chicken.

My food chopper does pretty well on the chicken. Every now and then it seems like it smashes it into a pancake instead of chopping it, but that doesn't happen too often. For the Jerk Chicken Nachos, I use the FC for the chicken and whip out the fantastic Forged Cutlery for the peppers! I'm in love with the knives! ;) I do have trouble with getting the FC clean after doing chicken with it. It's hard to clean the uppermost part of the blades. PC should invent a tool for cleaning it. I try to rinse it right away, but still there's leftover grime, and my dishwasher can't handle it. My sponge is too thick to reach all the way up, and I'm scared of cutting myself. Does anyone have a trick for cleaning it?

Hi Amanda,

I use a baby bottle brush. They sell some that have two tips, a larger one to clean the bottle area and a small tip to clean the nipple area of the bottle. the smaller tip works like a charm on the very narrow parts of the food chopper.

I hope that helps.

I have also found that when the chicken is too hot or too cold it gets stuck, warm is the best as it breaks apart nicely.

It my last show I used the mix n chop on a cutting board to do the chicken. It actually worked REALLY well.

pamperedpatty said:
Hi Amanda,

I use a baby bottle brush. They sell some that have two tips, a larger one to clean the bottle area and a small tip to clean the nipple area of the bottle. the smaller tip works like a charm on the very narrow parts of the food chopper.

I hope that helps.

I have also found that when the chicken is too hot or too cold it gets stuck, warm is the best as it breaks apart nicely.

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to get those bottle brushes then. :)

chefann said:
Chopping ice will ruin the blades in the chopper! but chopping ice has been a tip shared by many consultants for years. HO mentioned in an email that it will ruin the blades and not to share that tip.

Yeah...I found THAT out the hard way last night! I noticed mine wasn't cutting my onions very well. I heard the ice trick from my Hosp. Director had mentioned it at her show I observed. Well, THAT didn't work!! I now have blades badly bent and dented and pretty much worthless.

Fortunately, this is my original chopper that I've had 6 or 7 years. I still have the chopper that came in my kit and it's only 2 months old.

I always chop chicken w/ my chopper and have never had a problem.

sherid said:

I put cooked whole chicken breasts in my classicbatter bowl and use the mix 'n' chop to shred it. It works REALLY well and I usually pass the bowl around the room so everyone gets a try at using it. By the time it gets back to me the chicken is shredded and ready for the nachos.

I have sold a crap load of mix 'n' chops by doing this...one lady bought 6 at one show to give as gifts!

I use the salad chopper for cutting up the chicken and love using it! More expensive than the mix 'n chop too and let everyone use it and have gotten a few sales from it.

I have been using the food chopper on chicken for years. A couple things I have found is cold chicken is easier, and use smaller pieces. If your chicken is real thick, it will have trouble getting thru it.

1. Can I still replace my dull chopping blade even if I've had it for a few years?

Yes, you can still replace your dull chopping blade no matter how long you've had it. Pampered Chef offers a lifetime guarantee on all of our products, so you can easily get a replacement for your dull blade.

2. Do I need to provide proof of purchase when requesting a replacement?

No, you do not need to provide proof of purchase when requesting a replacement for your dull chopping blade. As long as the product is a Pampered Chef item, we will honor our lifetime guarantee.

3. How long does it take to receive a replacement for a dull chopping blade?

The time it takes to receive a replacement for a dull chopping blade may vary depending on your location. However, our team works quickly to process replacement requests and you can expect to receive your new blade within a few weeks.

4. Can I exchange my dull chopping blade for a different one?

Unfortunately, we are not able to exchange products. However, you can easily request a replacement for your dull chopping blade and purchase a new one separately if you prefer a different model.

5. How do I know if my dull chopping blade is eligible for a replacement?

If you purchased your chopping blade from Pampered Chef, it is eligible for a replacement under our lifetime guarantee. However, if you purchased it from a third-party retailer, it may not be covered. Contact our customer service team for assistance with determining eligibility.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
Replies
Views
pcsharon1