• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it Safe to Use a Double Griddle on a Propane Camp Stove? - Expert Answers

In summary, a double griddle is a versatile kitchen tool with two cooking surfaces that allows for efficient cooking of multiple items at once. It is typically made of cast iron, aluminum, or non-stick materials and can be used on all types of stovetops. Common uses for a double griddle include cooking breakfast foods, grilling sandwiches, and cooking vegetables. To properly clean and maintain a double griddle, it should be washed with warm soapy water and stored in a dry place.
dwyerkim
I have a host who just purchased the professional series double griddle, and wanted to know if it was safe to use on a propane camp stove (like in an RV). Any ideas?

Yes. It's no different than a gas stove. The only thing is with propane, it's VERY easy to overheat it, so just tell her to watch the heat.

We use ours for camping all of the time. I need to get another for the house, I get tired of having to go through the camping gear to use it at home.:)

Thanks, ladies! I will let her know. She also wanted to know if it heats evenly being on two separate burners, not having one myself I told her about the heat conductive properties etc etc... I'm guessing that if y'all use yours enough to take them camping, that it's a great product! ;)

It heats evenly on a ceramic top stove, so ya know it is good!

What is a double griddle and how is it different from a regular griddle?

A double griddle is a kitchen tool that has two cooking surfaces, one on each side. It is typically used for cooking multiple items at once, such as pancakes and eggs. Unlike a regular griddle which usually has only one cooking surface, a double griddle allows for more versatility and efficiency in cooking.

What materials are double griddles typically made of?

Double griddles are typically made of cast iron, aluminum, or non-stick materials. Cast iron griddles are known for their durability and even heat distribution, while aluminum griddles are lightweight and easy to clean. Non-stick griddles are popular for their convenience and ease of use.

Can a double griddle be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, most double griddles are designed to be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. However, it is always important to check the product specifications to ensure compatibility.

What are some common uses for a double griddle?

Double griddles are commonly used for cooking breakfast foods such as pancakes, bacon, and eggs. They can also be used for grilling sandwiches, making quesadillas, and cooking vegetables. Some griddles even have a flat side and a ridged side, making them versatile for both grilling and cooking on a flat surface.

How do I properly clean and maintain a double griddle?

To clean a double griddle, allow it to cool down completely before washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils that may damage the non-stick surface. It is also important to properly season a cast iron griddle before and after use to prevent rusting. Store the griddle in a dry place to prevent any moisture buildup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • BethCooks4U