• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shopping for a New Range: Do I Need a 5 Burner?

In summary, the flattop range may not fit well on the one oblong burner and the cookware may not be the best option for the fifth burner.
natural
Gold Member
I am in the market for a new range. I was looking at the five burner ones thinking that it would be great to have since I use my double burner griddle so often and I could place it in the center on the long narrow/oblong burner...but I was thinking, it may not even fit well on that burner, I may have to just use the two burners anyway...any thoughts ???

I have a flattop - 4 burners...I use my DBG on two burners, one small and one larger. I put the smaller on about a 6 and the larger on about a 4 - 5 and it heats evenly for me.Our cookware is great about distributing the heat throughout the pan...

natural said:
I am in the market for a new range. I was looking at the five burner ones thinking that it would be great to have since I use my double burner griddle so often and I could place it in the center on the long narrow/oblong burner...but I was thinking, it may not even fit well on that burner, I may have to just use the two burners anyway...any thoughts ???

Bring it to the store with you and see how it fits.

yeah that thought occured to me,

Also, wondering if anyone has actually had success...also forgot to mention that the one oblong burner had really low btus so it would be great if anyone knew more about specifically the cookability

natural said:
yeah that thought occured to me,

Also, wondering if anyone has actually had success...also forgot to mention that the one oblong burner had really low btus so it would be great if anyone knew more about specifically the cookability

That's a question for the sales person at the appliance store or for our test kitchens.

thx Debbie!!!

I have a gas stove and use the DBG over 2 burners. It works great.

I have stove envy from one of my hosts. :blushing: She has a stove that doesn't have a storage drawer on the bottom. Instead it has a second oven between the cooktop & the main oven that height wise is the size of a toaster oven. I wish I would have seen that before we remodeled our kitchen.

A stove is an investment that you will have for years. I would think about features that you would use the most and avoid anything gimmicky.

Look around and see what's available/affordable. Look online for ideas.

I have seen the second oven on the bottom, but not on the top...doesn't that make you have to bend down further to the bottom oven..which I think is what I would use most???

I use my dbg on my two burner gas stove too and I love it...I am just not sure I will NEED that fifth burner and if I were to get a fifth burner, I am not sure to get the reg. sized burner or the long oval one ???hummm,,,just voicing my decision, I have been shopping online and in stores, so I will make up my mind soo...hubby really wants COOKIES !! so I better get a move on! :chef:

1. Do I really need a 5 burner range?

It ultimately depends on your cooking needs and preferences. A 5 burner range can offer more cooking space and versatility, but if you don't frequently cook large meals or use multiple pots and pans at once, a 4 burner range may suffice.

2. What are the benefits of a 5 burner range?

A 5 burner range allows for more cooking space and flexibility. You can cook multiple dishes at once without having to constantly switch out burners. It also comes in handy for larger pots and pans that may not fit comfortably on a smaller range.

3. Will a 5 burner range fit in my kitchen?

Most 5 burner ranges have a standard size of 30 inches in width, so they should fit in most kitchen spaces. However, it's always best to measure your space and consult with a professional before making a purchase.

4. Are there any downsides to a 5 burner range?

The main downside to a 5 burner range is that it can take up more space in your kitchen. If you have a smaller kitchen, it may not be the best option for you. Additionally, 5 burner ranges tend to be more expensive than 4 burner ranges.

5. What should I consider when shopping for a 5 burner range?

When shopping for a 5 burner range, consider your cooking needs, the size of your kitchen, and your budget. You should also look for features such as a convection oven, self-cleaning options, and different burner sizes to accommodate various pot and pan sizes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • FFBearPChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
doughmama