• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet a Good Recipe for Cooking Class Winners?

In summary, the ingredients needed for Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet are ground beef, Cajun seasoning, diced onion, diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, chili powder, garlic powder, shredded cheese, and cornbread mix. It can be made in a regular skillet, but using a cast iron skillet is recommended. It takes approximately 30 minutes to cook and can be substituted with a vegetarian option. It can also be frozen for later consumption by letting it cool down completely and storing it in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. When ready to eat, it can be thawed and reheated in the oven or microwave.
sailortena
Hi everyone! I am considering making this recipe for some of my free cooking class winners that came to a fair over the weekend. I am also breaking into a new customer market for myself, compared to the average person who hosts or comes to my shows. A couple of them tell me they are trying to learn healthier ways to cook food, instead of frying everything. I thought this recipe from the All the Best cookbook would work ... it seems hearty and could be spicy and you can cook it with lean meat.Anyone ever make this recipe at their shows or tried it at home? I don't want to do any real fru-fru recipes that could scare people off.

I made it at a show once and it was a big hit -- plus it is a great way to show off the 12" family skillet! It was very easy and really gets a wow when you flip it over.

My host said it has become a regular meal in her house -- she of course bought the skillet!

Hi there! I haven't made this specific recipe at any of my shows, but I have tried it at home and it turned out great! It's definitely a hearty dish and the spice level can be adjusted to your liking. I think it's a great option for those looking to cook healthier meals. I also agree that it's important to not do anything too fancy or intimidating for new customers. Good luck with your cooking class winners and breaking into a new market!

1. What are the ingredients needed for Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet?

The ingredients for Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet include ground beef, Cajun seasoning, diced onion, diced bell pepper, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, chili powder, garlic powder, shredded cheese, and cornbread mix.

2. Can I make Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet in a regular skillet?

Yes, you can make Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet in a regular skillet. However, using a cast iron skillet is recommended for better results.

3. How long does it take to cook Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet?

Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet takes approximately 30 minutes to cook. This includes preparation time and cooking time.

4. Can I substitute the ground beef for a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for a vegetarian option like plant-based ground meat or diced tofu. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. Can I freeze Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet for later?

Yes, you can freeze Cajun Chili Cornbread Skillet for later. Simply let it cool down completely, then store it in an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. When ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
winklermom
Replies
Views
Zacksmommie
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire