1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Just had my first Cooking Class!!

1. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

My Director does these all the time. So I have been try to get up the nerve to do one and I finally did it!!!

I sent out the email 1 week ahead. I scheduled it for a weekday night. I charged $25 ($5 for ingredients and $20 towards the purchase of PC products).

We did the Triple Citrus Mojitos, Pina Colada Salad (on the Pineapple Corer U&C) and the Choc Caramel Pecan Cakes.

I had 5 in attendance. There is no way I could have more than 6. I can't really put more than 6 comfortably around the table. Each person had a cutting board and moist towel and I had the tools ready to go for each recipe.

Instead of having them break out in pairs to work on recipes individually, I decided to have the entire group work on each recipe. It worked out nicely since these recipes had enough zesting/juicing to be done that everyone had a shot to try these.

I ended up with $350 in orders!!!

Also, if someone wants to have a "private" class (they arrange the 5-6 attendees) I am telling them I will put them as host and they can get all the benefits of hosting. I have a gal who says she knows people who would like the cooking class - so I offered this option to her.

BUT, I did have a HUGE mess to clean up and I was SO tired today at work! But it was worth it and I can't wait to do another one. :)

Mar 26, 2009
  2. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

That sounds Great! So the 20.00 towards the PC purchases, how did that work out?

Mar 26, 2009
  3. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

That's GREAT! How did you do it exactly? Was it like an interactive demo just at your house??

Mar 26, 2009
  4. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

I was very clear about that in the email. Everyone spent atleast $20, in fact with 5 orders, I have $350. So that is an average of $70 order.

I guess it was like the interactive demo - but I haven't done those yet for a show. I haven't attempted one yet as it is hard for me to plan that without knowing the kitchen and number of guests. But in this case since class size is limited - everyone gets to REALLY contribute to each recipe. And since it was at my house, I was able to set everything up well. They did EVERYTHING, I only helped or explained.

When we did the Triple Citrus Mojitos, everyone got a bit of the mint to chop with a different knife. That really sparked conversations about the knives. And since there was a lot of zesting and juicing, everyone was able to try the Citrus Press and Juicer and Microplane. One gal was not familiar with the measuring cups, so I had her measure the soda & vodka.

When we did the Pecans for the Choc Cakes, there are enough Pecans to be grated that we were able to pass around the bowl with the nuts in the Rotary Grater and everyone could try it.

Mar 26, 2009
  5. Flamingo

Flamingo Advanced Member Gold Member

sounds cool... I might try this with some friends...

Mar 27, 2009
Have something to add?