• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is anyone surprised by the firing of Dr. Burke on Grey's Anatomy?

In summary, Dr. Burke was fired from Grey's Anatomy after making comments about the show's creator. He was not a fan of his character getting "dumbed down" and thought it was a foolish move. He is mad as hell and may not return to the show.
KellyRedHead
I wondered if anyone is surprised that "Dr. Burke" (forgot his real name) Issiah Washington maybe, was fired from Grey's Anatomy?

I liked him on the show, but sometimes lately thought his character was getting a little boring?

What do you all think?

Kelly

I don't think I should write what I think. I am not surprised that he was fired, but I wish he would have stayed. The last show of the season was incredible! I think I was crying when Christina was crying at the end. It was sooo emotional and a little confusing??? I wonder where things will go, now. How can Gray (Grey) and McDreamy not be together. And how can the red head - ex McDreamy - be leaving, too. What about George leaving? Everyone's leaving and breaking up. I don't like Izzy and I never have. Why doesn't she leave instead.

From what I have read he is extremely mad! He says he never thought the creator of the show would fire him, since he said he was sorry for his comments and he also did the commerical for gay rights I believe.

I felt horrible at the end of the story for the season also! I was crying right along with Christina and I hate to see George leave, I hope he isn't. Maybe TR Knight told the creator it was him or Dr.Burke??

Kelly

I really shouldn't even watch Grey's. I'm tired of ER, but I do like HOUSE.

George isn't leaving - TR Knight just signed his contract for next season and got a big raise - when did you hear about Isaiah Washington? I really like the character of Burke - bummer

I read somewhere that Dr Burke is not going to be a regular but he will appear on a few episodes. His character got on my nerves a little. I don't know what they will do with all of the characters but I hope they spice it up a little. Towards the end I was getting bored with all of the characters.

It was on my local stations entertainment section on the web and it was also on Entertainment tonights website.

I also heard about him not be a regular on the show, but that was a couple of weeks ago. Then this has come about!

He says on ET website "He is mad as H*ll and not going to take it anymore!"

So who knows in Hollywood! Maybe he'll be back?

Kelly

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw this on yahoo home page the other day. I was surprised too....you just never know with this show!

Yeah... I am not really surprised that they let him go.. .I do think it was a foolish move but not surprised... I could kind of see it coming since they started dumbing down his character... you started seeing him less and less and george more and more.... Hopefully Grey's can step it up... they need more than the mer-der love story to keep me interested

Related to Is anyone surprised by the firing of Dr. Burke on Grey's Anatomy?

What happened to the actor who played Dr. Alex Karev on Grey's Anatomy?

The actor, Justin Chambers, announced his departure from the show in January 2020 after being a part of the main cast for 16 seasons. His character, Dr. Alex Karev, was written off the show in episode 16 of season 16.

Why did Justin Chambers leave Grey's Anatomy?

Chambers stated that he wanted to "diversify [his] acting roles and career choices" and felt that it was the right time to move on from the show. He also expressed a desire to spend more time with his family.

How did the show explain Alex Karev's exit?

In the episode "Leave a Light On," it is revealed that Alex has left his wife Jo and his job at Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital to reunite with his ex-wife Izzie Stevens, who had his children with her using frozen embryos. The character is not physically shown on screen, but his voice is heard in a series of letters he wrote to explain his decision to his friends and colleagues.

Will Alex Karev return to Grey's Anatomy?

As of now, there are no plans for Justin Chambers to return to the show. However, the show's creator, Shonda Rhimes, has left the door open for his potential return in the future.

How have fans reacted to Alex Karev's exit?

Fans have had mixed reactions to the character's departure. Some were disappointed and felt that the show did not give Alex a proper send-off, while others understood and supported the actor's decision to leave the show. The show's ratings have also been affected, with a decline in viewership following his exit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • KellyRedHead
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies