• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom

In summary, Janet mentioned that she hasn't heard a good Beaker story in a while. So here's one to catch up. Janet's African Grey parrot, Beaker, likes to hang out in the bathroom. Given a chance, she'll sit in there for hours, occasionally whistling or calling out. Recently, Beaker has taken to heading to the bathroom by herself when she's out of her cage. Not by flying - we'd notice her. She climbs down the cage and walks across the living room. Quickly. That gets her out of the room in less time for us to spot her. Even better, she looks the opposite direction in a clear, "If I can't see you,
chefann
Gold Member
Janet mentioned that she hasn't heard a good Beaker story in a while. So here's one to catch up.

Beaker, my African Grey parrot, likes to hang out in our bathroom. DH takes her in there when he showers. She sits on top of the shower door. Given a chance (like on weekends), she'll sit in there for hours, occasionally whistling or calling out. I think she likes the echo.

Lately, she's taken to heading to the bathroom by herself when she's out of her cage. Not by flying - we'd notice her. She climbs down the cage and walks across the living room. Quickly. That gets her out of the room in less time for us to spot her. Even better, she looks the opposite direction in a clear, "If I can't see you, you can't see me" move. Once she's cleared the living room, she makes a beeline for the bathroom, where she sits in the doorway, preventing anyone from entering.

Today, I walked in there to use the facilities, and she showed me her new move. She charged at me. Which she's done before. But instead of charging and then backing off, she charged, climbed up on my shoe, and started picking on my jeans. She even grabbed my shoelaces with her little chicken feet so that I couldn't shake her off easily.

And Bunsen, the other bird, has taken to climbing down into his "basement" - the space between the bottom grid of his cage and the tray that holds litter.

omg - I can just picture the bird scurrying across he floor nonchalantly.....LMAO!

This is too funny. I can totally picture your bird going all ninja on your jeans to keep you out of her personal sauna...I mean bathroom.

Animals are a hoot, aren't they?

I can picture the sneaking away...just like a child.Thanks for sharing Ann, your bird stories always make me smile. I love African Greys...just don't know enough about birds or could provide them a lifelong home so I stick to dogs and cats.

How funny! Maybe she wanted some privacy :D

That's too cute!! Both of my kids have done the whole "if I can see you, then you surely can't see me" thing....even sitting in the middle of the floor, with a blanket over their heads. What a little stinker!!

Another thread that's for the birds.

Sorry, but you have to suffer KG, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. ;)

Fine.pbbbhhhtt.(both things that Beaker says)

janetupnorth said:
Sorry, but you have to suffer KG, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. ;)

I take a gander at all these threads but I have yet to get goosed.

That reminds me of a sun conure I had.. he hated my son and would attack with the meanest eyes.. snaring at him. He loved everyone else. Birds are so funny.. we had many great years of laughs out of him. He could dance to music and could talk a little. Love the story about your bird. It paints a great visual!! That is so funny.. thanks for sharing.

A supposedly true story...Wanda's dishwasher quit working so she called a repairman. Since she had to go to work the next day, she told the repairman, "I'll leave the key under the mat. Fix the dishwasher, leave the bill on the counter, and I'll mail you a check. Oh, by the way don't worry about my bulldog Spike. He won't bother you."But, whatever you do, do NOT, under ANY circumstances, talk to my parrot!
I REPEAT, DO NOT TALK TO MY PARROT!!!" When the repairman arrived at Wanda's apartment the following day, he discovered the biggest, meanest looking bulldog he had ever seen. Just as she had said, the dog just lay there on the carpet watching the repairman go about his work. The parrot, however, drove him nuts the whole time with his incessant yelling, cursing and name calling. Finally the repairman couldn't contain himself any longer and yelled, "Shut up, you stupid, ugly bird!"To which the parrot replied, "Get him, Spike!"

I found this for you today!

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2009/07/funny-pictures-birds-have-a-food-fight.jpg

The look in the cats eye, would love to have seen what happened next.

LOL! My grandson does the hiding bit. Baby Maggi (at almost 1) is now doing the "if I turn my head away from you, you can't see me" thing! It's too funny! I can so see Beaker guarding the potty! LOL!

Related to Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom

What is "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom"?

"Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" is a children's book that follows two curious and adventurous puppets, Beaker and Bunsen, as they explore the wonders of the bathroom.

Who is the author of "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom"?

The author of "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" is not specified, as it is a product of Pampered Chef and is not a published book.

Is "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" available for purchase?

No, "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" is not available for purchase. It is a promotional item exclusively offered by Pampered Chef.

What age range is "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" appropriate for?

"Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" is recommended for children ages 3-6.

Can I use "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" as a teaching tool?

Yes, "Beaker and Bunsen's Adventures in the Bathroom" can be used as a fun and engaging teaching tool for children to learn about hygiene and self-care in the bathroom.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • Chef Bobby