• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a 'Sneak Peek Show' Worth Hosting as a New Consultant?

In summary, Chef Becky is planning a Sneak Peek Show in August to generate buzz for the upcoming Fall Season and to get bookings for August and September.
newmexgirl
I know this is early but between vacation and national conference I will be out of town most of July, so I'm already in the process of planning my August calendar.

As a new consultant, can I offer a "Sneak Peek Show" in August before the products are available for purchase in September? Or am I prohibited from showcasing upcoming items?

Leslie

You can just be sure to let everyone know that you will take their order now but you won't be able to submit any new items til Sept 1

That is a great idea. I havre found that my customers are as excite as we are to see the new products and have a show!!!

Just remember - when you show these new products in August, your customers may want to wait until September to order anything at all. Don't shoot yourself in the foot!

I always do a Sneak Peek in August for my past hosts and regular customers.

I take orders for products that are being discontinued - a "last chance" sale....and also take pre-orders for new products if they want to do that. Then I turn in that show as a September Show. However, my main goal for doing the Sneak Peek is not sales - it's bookings.

I don't do it as an Open House - what I have found is that when I made it a "come whenever you can" type of event, no on came! But when I had a start time, I would get a much better turnout!
I make (in advance) several recipes from the new season, and then have my guests give feedback on which ones they like best, and which ones they would like as a demo for their own show.......I let them know they are helping me shape my demos for the coming season.

I also ask them questions about what kind of show they would like - This August we will discuss Interactive/No Demo/Full Demo etc... options - These are my valued hosts and customers, and I want them to know that I value their feedback and input.

So, how it goes is something like this:

Guests arrive, I greet them, and tell them to help themselves to something to eat. All of the recipes are labeled so they know what they are eating.

After they are seated and eating, I do a presentation about the new season, and talk about new theme shows, and the new recipes.....and then I unveil (I've had them covered with a tablecloth or sheet until now) the new products. I hand out new catalogs to everyone, and highlight some of my favorites....and then I let them gather around and play with the new stuff.

It's a fun evening - and I have hosts who look forward to it every year! I usually get 6-8 bookings at this show - it's my way of making sure my Fall Selling Season is full!

I suggest showing only the items that are part of the August (there are a couple of new items in that one) and September host specials, so you can get bookings.

I do one for each change of season. It is always a hit. A lot of my past hostesses and loyal customers love coming and having me "host" the show rather than them having to clean their house etc. GO FOR IT!!!

I have never tried this before, but I am going to. I love your ideas, thanks. This site has been a big help to me.

chefdiana2007 said:
I have never tried this before, but I am going to. I love your ideas, thanks. This site has been a big help to me.

Ditto from me to EVERYTHING Diana said! :)

I'm doing a sneak peek show next week to generate buzz for the upcoming fall season and to get bookings for August and September. I don't have the new products yet but will be going through the new mini with all my guests and highlight the new products. I will be especially emphasizing the discontinued products for Aug. bookings and make sure they know that the bookings from their Aug show will entitle them to the host special at their friend's fall show... Here is my postcard invite if anyone can use it (use postcard stamp) ... Good luck!

Attachments

• Sneek Peak new Products postcard invite.doc
    271 KB · Views: 748
ChefBeckyD-Thanks for the AWESOME advice. Is there a better time to do this? Meaning like at the end of August??? I am so going to follow your ideas! Thanks a bunch (I really like the UNVEILING as well as having them comment on the recipes, etc.)

I'm planning one on Aug 16 and will sell retiring items (as well as current if people want them) and will just do a preview of new stuff to entice them to hold a show

texaschef said:
ChefBeckyD-Thanks for the AWESOME advice. Is there a better time to do this? Meaning like at the end of August??? I am so going to follow your ideas! Thanks a bunch (I really like the UNVEILING as well as having them comment on the recipes, etc.)

I do mine the 3rd week of August...because the last week, everyone is preparing to go out of town for the Labor Day weekend, and last vacations....and getting ready for school to start the day after Labor Day - so that seems to be the best time.

I can't get to my files - they are on my computer that crashed the other day....because I have a handout for rating the recipes etc......that I like to use. I found it on here, but can't remember what it is called!

I did a sneak peek show last Friday night. I prepared 6 of the new recipes ahead of time and then let everyone taste them. I had the new fall products set up in one room and I had the more summer type items in another room. I had a lot of the cooking and baking items laid out on my kitchen counters so people could pick them up and ask questions. I had 15 people but I was disappointed that no booked a party. Sales were Ok but not necessarily for the time and money I spent on groceries and door prizes. It was my first party like this and I learned some things I would do differently and will try it again.

What is a Sneak Peek Show?

A Sneak Peek Show is a virtual event where we showcase new and upcoming products from Pampered Chef.

How do I attend a Sneak Peek Show?

To attend a Sneak Peek Show, you can register for the event on our website or through your independent Pampered Chef consultant. The event will be streamed live on a designated date and time.

Is there a fee to attend a Sneak Peek Show?

No, there is no fee to attend a Sneak Peek Show. It is completely free for anyone to register and watch the event.

Can I purchase products during a Sneak Peek Show?

Yes, you can purchase products featured in the Sneak Peek Show during the event. Your independent consultant will provide you with a link to shop for the products or you can shop directly on our website.

Will there be any special offers or discounts during a Sneak Peek Show?

Yes, there may be special offers or discounts available for products featured in the Sneak Peek Show. Your independent consultant can provide more information on any promotions or deals that may be offered during the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ejleinenbach
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • katie0128
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
amy07
  • pamperedchef88