• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Motivated to Host a Sneak Peek at My Home!

In summary, someone is hosting a show, but they need help making phone calls. They need someone to help them post their list of 40 people by Wednesday at noon, and they offer to have that person host coach them after the show.
katie0128
Silver Member
O.k. - so I keep saying that I'm having an Fall/Winter Sneek Peek at my house next Saturday, but have I done anything about it yet.... noooooooooooooo.

Someone host coach me and tell me to get off my butt and get this done. I really don't need the show for August, but I need to do it for ME and to make contact with people. I have a hard time calling even to tell people about the new catalog, but to invite them to a Sneek Peek - not so hard... just need to do it.

Somedays I'm my own worst host! Bleh!:yuck:

Hey, Katie, get off you butt and make out your list. Make those calls. Fill out those invitations. Do it!Do it now!That work for ya?

I need your list of 40 people by Wednesday at noon (POST IT!)!

If you have your list posted by noon EST, I'll send you a surprise.

Way to go Mandy!! Maybe I should have you host coach me :)

Get on that phone. Don't you want to get tons of free stuff? Gotta get lots of attendance so that you get the most from your show. And you know people will be excited to see the new products.

I need this too! I am so bad about the phone! That's why I convinced my hubby to sign up so he could make those calls but he's as bad about it as I am!! I don't even answer the phone let alone make calls!!! I don't know what is wrong with me.

abrahamlaur said:
Way to go Mandy!! Maybe I should have you host coach me :)

No, No, No, NOOOOOO... I found her first... she is MY host coach. You can have her after my show is done!

Tick...Tock.....Where is that list -- you have 1 hour! (okay 2 in your time zone :) )

psst, Mandy. Katie's in Eastern time zone, same as you. ;)

alright katie LOL .. you can have her ... FOR NOW!!! ;)

ok - here was my own kick in the butt last night......I HATE calling, no matter what kind of call it is, and right now my director is holding us accountable for the 3-2-1 program, and I am STILL having trouble getting it done! But I printed off my customer base, threw it into a binder, and started making calls to customers I haven't talked to in a while - sharing news about fall products, new cookware and new theme shows. The one call I made last night was to someone who wrote on their DPS to contact them if cookware went on sale....so I stopped procrastinating, called her, told her about the new stainless steel cookware and the September Host Bonus. She asked me to drop off a catalog (she lives not far from me), told me that she recently had a friend asking if she knew of a consultant - and it looks like she is going to host a show in September! I delivered a catalog to her this morning with September and October specials, as well as a brochure and catalog for her friend too. I am calling her on Friday to firm up plans.

had I continued to procrastinate and not call this person, I would not have the potential show.

That has inspired me to make my calls for today....hopefully I can keep the momentum going.

Plus, the other day, I was talking to a September host, who decided to move her show up to August for the cutlery special, and she's pointing a potential recruit towards me! If she signs and qualifies, I will be at Future Director Status!!!! That alone is motivation for me to make more calls, get my monthly sales up higher and stay consistently at the level I need for that.

Melinda

Good for you for making the calls Melinda. Keep it up.

Katie,
Be sure to Invite at least 40 people.... I know that sounds like a lot, but about 10 will not be attending, about 10 will not be able to attend - they have previous engagements, about 10 will forget or something will come up, and the other 10... well they will be there. Better yet, invite 60 or more.!!!!!!

Also don't forget, You can invite guests until you open your door for the sneek peak and don't forget to invite anyone who EATS !! Hey, I live close (well at least within an hour or so !)

Better get that list posted...(first names only). I think Mandy is waiting even thought you missed the free surprise, I might bring one to the Cincy meet and greet (if I remember ! !)

Katie- have you included people on your guest list from many different groups? Because if something happens in one group and those are the only people you invited, there goes your show! One host of mine was so excited for her show, and invited mostly people from church. There were 25 people who were going to come. The day of the party, a church member was in an accident, and many church folks went to the hospital instead of the host's party. She ended up with 3 people there. I'd hate for that to happen to your show.

Good point Ann, I will need to mention your story to my host. !!

That's why I share it. Feel free to use it as your own. :)

Thanks !! I love chefsuccess.....

I love this! What great Host coaching!

Well I'm FORCED to host coach myself for my Fall Preview for Past Hosts & Preferred Customers because I sent out 55, yes 55, invitations with JULY 29th as the date, not August 29th. At least some have called to say that I had the wrong date on it just to check that they hadn't missed it but I feel like I have a big "L" on my forehead!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to start calling....

Laughingly tell people you just wanted to see if they were paying attention. They'll know you're kidding and see that you have a sense of humor about yourself. Then, don't sweat it. I got several emails from the Direct Sales Women's Association that informed me of some conference calls. This is a BIG organization. They had an am/pm mix-up. It happens to us all. :)

finley1991 said:
Well I'm FORCED to host coach myself for my Fall Preview for Past Hosts & Preferred Customers because I sent out 55, yes 55, invitations with JULY 29th as the date, not August 29th. At least some have called to say that I had the wrong date on it just to check that they hadn't missed it but I feel like I have a big "L" on my forehead!!!! Tomorrow I'm going to start calling....
OOPS! You need to make the calls anyway. It will be great!

O.k.... so I am really a crappy host... which is why I rarely host Dir Sales shows anymore... There are some of us that just should NOT be hosts... we are much better guests!!!

We had some family issues this past week and I haven't had time to think much about anything, let alone an open house. Gonna try to reschedule for the week after. Won't be so much of a "sneek peek", but will accomplish the same purpose! I'll see how the weekend goes and decide on Sunday.

Katie,

I am sorry you had to delay your show. You should look forward to your rescheduled date. You depend on shows for your family income so if the next date does not work, please let yourself know two weeks in advance so you can rebook the date.

You should make your show the very best it can be. Start by making calls to everyone you know right now. Then send out the reminder invitations about one week in advance.

You are an awesome host!

Thank you!
Lisa;)

You made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants...

See if this helps your little incontinence problem.

Attachments

• Depends.jpg
    Depends.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 315
Katie, JUST DO IT!!!
I just did my own show tonight, and I totally sucked at host coaching myself-was late getting out invitations, didn't do all the reminder calls, yada yada yada. Also, had the no-shows. I have new found appreciation for our hosts that get over 10 people at their shows!! I ended up with only 6 people here:yuck: , BUT 1 came with a booking for a friend and then booked a show for herself. AND 2 others booked a date, with another asking me to call for November!! So of the 6, I got 5 shows!!:D :D Sales were not great, but who cares?!?! My whole focus was to get the bookings, and wishing upon a star-recruit leads. So, I'm happy!!:p

Related to Get Motivated to Host a Sneak Peek at My Home!

What is a host coaching?

Host coaching is the process of guiding and supporting a host in planning and hosting a successful Pampered Chef party. It involves working closely with the host to help them understand their role in the party and provide them with tips and tools to ensure a great event.

Why is host coaching important?

Host coaching is important because it helps to maximize the success of the party. By working closely with the host, you can help them understand the benefits of hosting a party, provide them with resources to invite guests, and ensure they have a good understanding of the products and how to present them.

What are some tips for host coaching?

Some tips for host coaching include setting clear expectations and goals for the party, providing the host with a party planning checklist to stay organized, encouraging them to invite a good mix of guests, and reminding them to follow up with guests before the party.

How can I support my host during the party?

During the party, you can support your host by helping them set up the party space, offering assistance with food and drinks, and providing them with product knowledge and selling tips. It's also important to encourage the host to participate in the party and engage with their guests.

What are the benefits of hosting a party?

There are many benefits to hosting a Pampered Chef party, including earning free and discounted products, trying out new recipes and products, and having a fun and social event with friends and family. Hosting a party also gives the host the opportunity to support a small business and connect with their consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lvanderw
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • babywings76