• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Close-Up Picture Better for My Avatar?

In summary, the conversation is about changing avatars and cropping pictures to make them look better. The participants also share their experiences at Doris' desk and mention upcoming photos they plan to use for their avatars. There is also some friendly banter and compliments exchanged.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all! I am trying to change my avatar to my picture. I dowloaded PhotoPlus 6.0 to edit it and I was able to crop it to a smaller size. But, compared to some of the other ones posted here mine looks so "far away." Do I just need to get a picture that was taken closer to look better?

Thanks!

BTW, that picture was taken at Doris' desk during a HO tour!

Wow. Did you feel really special? I didn't have a camera with me, and I was "alone" on the tour. Didn't have a buddy to snap a shot. That WILL NOT happen to me this year.

Kelly,Just crop it tighter--more of a head shot. That should work for an avatar.

Nice pic, Kelly. It is always good to put a face with the typing!

I need to update mine, but most of the time I cannot figure out how to reduce the pixels to be able to post it. In the next few weeks I am suppose to get the pics of my son back we did this weekend and I am going to HAVE to use one of them they are so cute!

raebates said:
Wow. Did you feel really special? I didn't have a camera with me, and I was "alone" on the tour. Didn't have a buddy to snap a shot. That WILL NOT happen to me this year.
Rae~

That was the coolest! I also have a picture of me standing behind the counter in the HO kitchens!

cooking.with.ann said:
Kelly,

Just crop it tighter--more of a head shot. That should work for an avatar.
Ann~

Thanks, I did that and it worked.
I guess when I was cropping it, I was trying to be able to show that I was sitting at Doris' desk! ;) ;) Oh well, the close up looks more like me, since you can see it better!

Cool. I like your cropped photo--so much easier to see your pretty face.

raebates said:
Cool. I like your cropped photo--so much easier to see your pretty face.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Aaaawwwwwwwwww, you are making me blush!
:eek: :eek: :eek:

KellyTheChef said:
Ann~Thanks, I did that and it worked.
I guess when I was cropping it, I was trying to be able to show that I was sitting at Doris' desk! ;) ;) Oh well, the close up looks more like me, since you can see it better!
How about listing your location as: Sitting at Doris' desk. You can always put Oklahoma in your siggy somewhere...And by the way, the pic looks great!

You're adorable!!! Isn't it COOL to sit at Doris' desk!?!?

dannyzmom said:
You're adorable!!! Isn't it COOL to sit at Doris' desk!?!?
Yes, but I would much rather have my avatar be a picture of me with DORIS HERSELF!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

cooking.with.ann said:
How about listing your location as: Sitting at Doris' desk. You can always put Oklahoma in your siggy somewhere...

And by the way, the pic looks great!

that is what I was going to suggest too! LOL

Love the picture-and very cute hair!

Related to Is a Close-Up Picture Better for My Avatar?

1. What is "Picture of Myself as Avatar"?

"Picture of Myself as Avatar" is a fun and creative activity where you can create a digital representation of yourself, also known as an "avatar". It allows you to customize your appearance, from facial features to clothing, and use it as a profile picture or display in online games and communities.

2. How do I make my "Picture of Myself as Avatar"?

To make your "Picture of Myself as Avatar", you can use various avatar creation websites or apps, such as Bitmoji or FaceQ. These platforms offer a variety of customization options, from choosing your skin tone and hair color to adding accessories and outfits. Simply follow the prompts and have fun creating your avatar!

3. Can I use my "Picture of Myself as Avatar" for commercial purposes?

It depends on the terms and conditions of the specific avatar creation platform you used. Some may allow commercial use of your avatar, while others may have restrictions. It is best to check the terms of use before using your "Picture of Myself as Avatar" for any commercial purposes.

4. Are there any costs associated with creating a "Picture of Myself as Avatar"?

Most avatar creation platforms offer their basic services for free. However, some may have additional features or accessories that require payment. It is always a good idea to check for any costs before creating your avatar.

5. Can I edit or change my "Picture of Myself as Avatar" after creating it?

Yes, you can edit or change your "Picture of Myself as Avatar" at any time. Most avatar creation platforms allow you to log back in and make changes or additions to your avatar's appearance. This allows you to keep your avatar up to date with your real-life appearance or change it for different purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • General Chat
Replies