• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Compare TomTom ONE, XL, & XL-S for the Best GPS Performance | Wal-mart"

In summary, the TomTom ONE 130 looks to be the best option for someone who wants features like points of interest, spoken turns, and larger screen.
jrstephens
Can someone please tell me the difference between these three!! I cannot figure out which one will be the best and lastest to get. I have tried comparing them on the GPS website that was posted in my other thread w hile back but for some reason I cannot find how to compare it like I know I have done once before.

Search results for TomTom ONE - Wal-mart

These are some things I know I want it to do:

Recalculate my route if I miss my turn
Have points of interest like restuarants, shopping, and activities
I would like for it to speak my turns out loud & show them on screen
Mount to my dash not windshield

These things may be standard features on them all but of course I have no idea.

These three look the same to me, so, I am having trouble deciding between them. From what I have read I "think" I like these TomToms better than the Garmins I have been looking at.

I like the idea of the TomTom XL having the bigger screen but I cannot tell if that is the only difference. I do not want to loose features in order to get a bigger screen. I would rather have more features than a bigger screen.

Bluetooth and MP3 are not anythng that I care for the system to have.

I do want to be able to hook to my computer to get free updates.

Uhhhhh, why can I not click and compare like I have done in the past!

Thanks everyone!!

I am thinking the ONE 130 looks best right now.

Jennifer, I will follow this thread, because I am saving my $$ from PC from recruits and prmoting to buy a GPS, and neither DH or I know ANYTHING about them, I just know I am tired of mapquest, and getting lost!!!!

Jennifer - I can't tell the difference either but will tell you I love my TOM TOM!! I always go with the middle price if that helps.

I didn't buy mine - DH did!

I'm not sure which one I have (am at work) but it is either the first or second one because mine is called Tom Tom one 3rd edition (I will check it and let you know later) I put the notes in red as to what mine does.

jrstephens said:
Can someone please tell me the difference between these three!! I cannot figure out which one will be the best and lastest to get. I have tried comparing them on the GPS website that was posted in my other thread w hile back but for some reason I cannot find how to compare it like I know I have done once before.

Search results for TomTom ONE - Wal-mart

These are some things I know I want it to do:

Recalculate my route if I miss my turn Yes
Have points of interest like restuarants, shopping, and activities Yes
I would like for it to speak my turns out loud & show them on screen Yes you control the volume
Mount to my dash not windshield mounts with a suction cup

These things may be standard features on them all but of course I have no idea.

These three look the same to me, so, I am having trouble deciding between them. From what I have read I "think" I like these TomToms better than the Garmins I have been looking at.

I like the idea of the TomTom XL having the bigger screen but I cannot tell if that is the only difference. I do not want to loose features in order to get a bigger screen. I would rather have more features than a bigger screen.

Bluetooth and MP3 are not anythng that I care for the system to have.

I do want to be able to hook to my computer to get free updates. not sure if it is free but you can hook to computer for updates

Uhhhhh, why can I not click and compare like I have done in the past!

Thanks everyone!!

My Dad has a Tom Tom One, I got it for him for Father's Day, I want to say it was about $150 with a $50 mail in rebate. It does everything you are talking about, including gas stations, amusement parks and other crazy things I wouldn't even think I would need! As far as the screen size goes, the only time my Dad looks at the screen is when he is parked and programming it. The rest of the time the map is on the screen but it talks to him. So unless you have very bad eye site and read large type books, you can probably go with the standard size screen. These things are amazing! My Dad didn't even know what it was when he opened it, now it's the best gift he's ever received! And you don't have to spend too much on it. Oh, and it does hook up to the internet with some updates, there is also the option to buy other voices and I think specialty maps or other features. He hasn't had to pay extra for anything yet though.

I hae a TOM TOM 700 and LOVE it bought it a few years ago when the price was around 800.00 they have come gown soooooooo much . Couldn't get to PARTY's without it

I have the garmin and love love love it...They all do basically the same thing!! Mine is very easy to read and user friendly. My hubby has one...an older version of a Tom Tom but I hate it..too hard to read. Just go in the store and check them out...it's easier that way.

I have a Garmin nuvi 350, love it. Haven't had it very long -a few months. Very easy to use, they go for about $400 but went on Walmart.com and paid $198 for it. I searched high and low as well. Seached reviews for weeks and everything kept ponting back to this one. I think original price on this one started out abnout $1500-crazy!

What are the differences between the TomTom ONE, XL, and XL-S GPS models?

The TomTom ONE, XL, and XL-S are all GPS models produced by TomTom. The main differences between these models are size, screen display, and additional features.

Which TomTom GPS model offers the best performance?

The best performance will depend on the specific needs of the user. The TomTom XL-S offers the most advanced features, such as voice recognition and Bluetooth connectivity. However, the TomTom ONE and XL also provide reliable navigation and are more affordable options.

Is there a significant price difference between the TomTom ONE, XL, and XL-S?

Yes, there is a price difference between these models. The TomTom ONE is the most budget-friendly option, while the XL-S is the most expensive due to its additional features. The XL falls in between these two models in terms of price.

Can all three TomTom models be found at Wal-mart?

Yes, all three models can be found at Wal-mart. However, availability may vary by location. It is best to check the Wal-mart website or visit your local store to see which models are currently in stock.

Are there any specific factors to consider when choosing between the TomTom ONE, XL, and XL-S?

When choosing between these models, it is important to consider your specific needs and budget. If you are looking for advanced features and are willing to pay a higher price, the XL-S may be the best option. However, if you are on a budget and just need basic navigation, the TomTom ONE or XL may be a better fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • elizabethfox
  • General Chat
Replies