• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interested in My Son's Contemporary Christian Music?

Shawn has put some of his original music on a new myspace profile. You can find him by going to myspace, clicking on music, and putting Shawn Bates in the search.You can also find him by going to my myspace (mommabates). His music is the second of my top friends. His avatar is a closeup of his face.He's singing and playing an acoustic guitar. His music is contemporary Christian. The style is smooth and, sometimes, a little folksy.I think he's pretty good. Of course, I may be just a bit prejudiced. :rolleyes:He sounds great Rae! My favorite was "I may be tired." Even my sister
raebates
Staff member
My son has posted some of his original music on a new myspace profile. You can find him by going to myspace, clicking on music, and putting Shawn Bates in the search.You can also find him by going to my myspace (mommabates). His music is the second of my top friends. His avatar is a closeup of his face.He's singing and playing an acoustic guitar. His music is contemporary Christian. The style is smooth and, sometimes, a little folksy.I think he's pretty good. Of course, I may be just a bit prejudiced. :rolleyes:

He sounds great Rae! My favorite was "I may be tired." Even my sister liked it, and it's not her style of music. She said he reminded her of Tracy Chapman with the acoustic style, unique voice, and writing his own music. Or at least I assumed it was his own. If he ever comes out with an album, I'll be sure to buy it!

Thanks. Yes, it's his own original music. The Furry Guy's favorite is also I May Be Tired. My personal favorite is 40 oz Orange. It's just so different than anything I've heard before. The only real problem is that it gets stuck in my head. He was singing it when he came home in June.

Bumping.

What? No one's willing to listen to the boy? I've made it easier. Just click on the link in my signature. You don't have to have a myspace account to listen.

Here's the big question- how come you aren't on his Friends list?The music seems pretty good. Not exactly my cup of tea, but good.

I'm on his friends list, just not in the top 5. (I'm in the top 5 of his personal site, though. :))He's trying to get some input. Since you're more of a classical/opera type kind of girl, I can see why his stuff wouldn't be your first pick. Thanks for checking him out.

He's very talented. His guitar playing is nice, I love the guitar intros to his songs. I also like I May Be Tired the best too.

Rae~

I am always so amazed at musical talent! He is very good...my favorite is I May Be Tired too!

OK so I finally stopped clicking around his page long enough to listen to his songs :p Im a pic-aholic. Gotta see everything thats going on!!
He is good. Im with you Rae, I like 40oz of Orange as well :) Does he does this just as a hobby type thing, or is he trying to get signed?

Thanks for listening and for the comments, everyone.Shawn has some people encouraging him to pursue music as part of his ministry. A couple of them are involved with music as a career (one runs a sound studio), so he respects their opinion. It's a scary thought for him, because that's not really where he saw himself heading.A couple of weeks ago he spoke and played for the CFNI students. (That's where he attends.) The response was a bit overwhelming. I'm rather proud of him for taking things really slowly. He wants to make sure it's where God wants him to go.

1. Can I listen to your son's music before purchasing?

Yes, you can listen to samples of his music on our website or on streaming platforms like Spotify or Apple Music.

2. Is your son's music appropriate for all ages?

Yes, his music is family-friendly and does not contain explicit content.

3. How can I support your son and his music career?

Thank you for your interest in supporting my son's music! You can support him by purchasing his music, attending his concerts, and sharing his music with others.

4. Can I book your son for a performance or event?

While my son is currently not available for bookings, we appreciate your interest and support!

5. Does your son have any upcoming concerts or shows?

You can stay updated on my son's upcoming concerts and shows by following him on social media and signing up for our newsletter on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
heather223
  • Yakmama
  • General Chat
Replies