• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Informative Booth, No Food Demo, Healthy Tips

In summary, my friend is setting up a table in a chiropractor's office to speak about healthy eating, but she is overwhelmed and doesn't know what to do. She is worried that people won't buy anything, and that she won't make any money.
babywings76
Gold Member
Help me please! Tonight I'll be setting up a table and speaking with, I don't know how many, people for 15-20 minutes. I'll be inside a Chiropractor's office.

I'm supposed to talk about how our products can promote healthy eating. Especially with fresh fruits and veggies now in this season and coming summer.

I won't be doing a demo, so I'm not sure what to do with myself! I am overwhelmed with how much info I can spout off to them. But I'm having trouble trying to figure out how to structure the presentation.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hmm....I wish I could help, but I still don't have enough experience with TPC just yet. ;) But let me try:

You could talk about all the things the Food Chopper will chop and put together for you. Like, you can chop up all the veggies you want together and make a quick salad, or even Cole Slaw. You can also take some tuna and other veggies, chop it up and make a tuna salad. Or, you can chop up different fruits and create a fruit salad. There's so many healthy things you can do!
Maybe you could pre chop some veggies and fruits and have them in bowls to show the "customers" how they look chopped with our Food Chopper.

I dunno if that's the best advice but... ;) Good luck!!

Okay, I'm official freaking out and overwhelmed!She just called me. She'll have a cooler and can bring a microwave. She's wondering what I might be making, if I am making something, etc. It's just a tiny group of 8 women. I'll have 25 min. A Mary Kay girl will be making fruit smoothies and doing a foot spa treatment on everyone. Ahhh! So...do I make a recipe? Bring a recipe? Just pick up a pineapple, apples, strawberries, and bananas and cut them all up and make a fruit salad and serve it in the bamboo square bowl or something? Like what emiscooking said?HELP! :rolleyes: :DI don't think people will be placing orders, either. It's like an informational thing. :( So...DH is now telling me "Don't spend a lot of money on food!!!"

Hmm....The fruit salad thing should work. I wish I knew of a way where you could save money but...maybe give people tiny samples of it, like they do with food at Sams Club or Costco? I dunno...I hope that helps. :confused:

Make the apple berry salsa - that uses a ton of different tools, and serve it with cinnamon chips, or pretzels. It's fairly inexpensive. (I usually skip the apple jelly part, unless I happen to have some on hand.)1-2 apples
1 qt strawberries
1-2 Kiwi
1 orange....hmmm can't remember if there's anything else off the top of my head.

You could mention (obviously not demo), the BBQ grill basket or tray and talk about grilling vegetables, or even fruit for dessert...

Thanks everyone! DH is picking up some fresh fruit for me right now as I load up. I'm going to demo preparing the various fruits and then use a potato and demo the mandoline. Maybe some baby carrots for the Food Chopper. Then I'll talk about the S&B spinner, the grill pan, DCB, rubs and kitchen spritzer. I hope I do a good job. I really wish I knew what the advertising was. I don't know what the people who are coming are expecting. I don't want them to feel ambushed and that they are at a PC show if that wasn't the intent. ;)My friend, the Chiro Dr., wants me to have catalogs and order forms in case people want to buy things, so that's a good sign. We'll see.Wish me luck!!

The Chiroprator we go to is a member of our church and I WISH he would let me have a display in his office! ;)

Amanda, how did it go? Anxious to hear about your evening.

Thanks for asking. :) It went okay. I had a fun time, but I wouldn't really call it a "success". But, now that I know the office set-up and what the feel of the event is, I'll know better how to adjust things so maybe I could have more sales or bookings. My friend forgot that yesterday was Ascention Day, a religious holiday that the "Plain" folk out here in Amish and Mennonite country observe very strictly. About 95% of her clients are Plain, so her turn out was terrible. Then of the people who said they were coming, only 2 actually did come. So...it was me, her, the Mary Kay friend, the 2 women (also attend our church), and her secretary (who had to leave early and said was sad that she couldn't stay for my part.) Although, I did get her a catalog especially because earlier she said that her old pizza stone broke. ;)So first the Chiropractor spoke, for about 20 min or so, then the Mary Kay woman did her thing (that was fun! we got to each soak our feet in a tub and use different products and then did a lip mask and try some other lotions). Then it was my turn. I just prepared various fruits to have as a salad in the large bamboo bowl w/ the salad claws. I spoke about the grill basket and tray, our rubs, the executive cookware & the grill pan. I used a potato and demo'd the mandoline--kind of terrible job with that. I struggled w/ getting it to go smoothly. But I was in an awkward position and the table didn't seem firm enough. Oh well, I blamed the table and we all laughed. I was only on a card table and didn't have much room for everything. I forgot to bring my dirty dishes tub and so I didn't have a place to clear the used things out on. Things overall went well. But...I wish that I had come up with a special offer for the night, or gave out coupons. As soon as I was done w/ the fruit and potato demo, my friend kind of was like, "okay, well thanks Amanda" really nicely, but I know it was her trying to keep us okay with the timing. So I didn't even get a chance to mention the DCB. I practiced my spiel at home and thought I'd start w/ the DCB, but decided against it because I knew that it might take me a while to prepare the fruit salad and demo the mandoline. Because I'm a "Chatty Kathy". But they all felt that I did a good job and they learned a lot. They all expressed how great the products are and how amazing the pineapple wedger was, but only the "guests" expressed a desire to go and place orders online or that they'd contact me about ordering. One of the guests might do a show, though. So that would be cool.

You never know how many seeds were planted last night, Amanda.

I did a last minute Weight Watcher's event in March. Other than the coordinator and other vendors, only 4 people walked through the entire 3 hours. I got a couple of I'll call you and order comments and 2 "booked".

Of the 2 who booked, 1 was a SL rep who wanted an express show for later the next week. She ended up calling and leaving a vm cancelling expressing it to be my fault!

The 2nd rescheduled due to medical issues, and then never returned calls....I never pursued it...she lived really far and had A LOT of requests....I know, shame on me!

The lovely surprise came from an unexpected source. The daughter of one of the coordinators called interested in hosting a show. She booked for LATE April, and then rescheduled. Finally had her show on May 1st....turned out to be a $900 show, 3 bookings and 2 recruit leads. =)

Moral....there just may be fruit later down the road from those seeds you planted last night. A "solid" booking, from these kind of events, is not necessarily so solid. :D

Thanks for letting us know how it went! I was actually going to PM you and ask you. I agree with what Jolie said, especially the whole "planting seeds" thing. ;) I like that! Just remember that you did well and think positive! :)

Btw, I don't have a dirty dishes tub but would love to have one. Is that something you buy from Merrill or do you just get a large, flat tote at wal-mart or target? Merrill has the table cloth right? But last I saw it was black and I prefer the white one.

Last edited:
My director gave me the white vinyl square tablecloth when I joined. I really want to get the black one from Merrill for when I do booths. It's looks pretty classy, but it is quite pricey.The tub I use I don't really like, it's kind of big. It's just a clear plastic tote bin from Walmart. I'd like to get more of the dish pan size tub. It's great to have for those instances where you can't do your dishes, or if you're running late and need to get going and will just take the dirty stuff home to wash later. It's good for when you are working in a tight space and want to have a spot to place dirty things as you go, too.

Cool! I should look for one of those tubs today while I am in town. :) Ditto on the black tablecloth. I thought it was pricey too. :-/

For a dirty dish tub, I got a rubbermaid or store brand grey opaque one. It is taller than standard tubs and works really well for me. I ususally bring a trash can liner and line it with the bag, then take it so it stays clean. I end up having to wash it about once every few months. I feel really professional using it, and it is SO easy to get done with shows, not having to do dishes. I pop them in the dishwasher when I get home, put the bag in the garbage to line the trash can next time it needs a new bag.

1. What is an informative booth?

An informative booth is a setup at a trade show, fair, or other event where a company or organization shares information and educates attendees about their products or services. It is typically staffed by knowledgeable representatives who can answer questions and provide demonstrations.

2. Will there be any food demos at the informative booth?

No, there will not be any food demos at the informative booth. This booth is focused on providing educational and informative content about healthy tips, rather than selling or promoting specific products.

3. What can I expect to learn from the informative booth?

At the informative booth, you can expect to learn about healthy tips and techniques for cooking and meal preparation. Our representatives will also be available to answer any questions you may have and provide additional resources for healthy living.

4. Are there any giveaways or samples available at the informative booth?

No, there are not any giveaways or samples available at the informative booth. As mentioned before, the focus of this booth is on providing educational content rather than promoting products. However, our representatives may be able to provide you with informational brochures or other resources.

5. Can I purchase products at the informative booth?

No, you cannot purchase products at the informative booth. However, our representatives can provide you with information on how to purchase Pampered Chef products and may also be able to provide special discounts or promotions for attendees of the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
clshirk
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • Kasper2010
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies