• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for a Successful Cooking Demo?

D
Deb's A Cookin'
I'm looking for some ideas, to do a cooking demo. I am helping out a friend of a friend...(and me too...) She has a new store in a shopping mall, having the Grand Opening in two weeks. Need some ideas on quick and easy recipes to make in the 12" Executive Skillet, (FREE from Pan-o-rama!!) the 8" Executive Saute pan, or 8" Stainless Saute pan.
I will have a hot pad to cook on, something easy, dont' know how long poeple will stick around to wait for a small sample of food...
I'll be doing two per day, maybe a quick breakfast idea, and then a lunch/snack idea.

I've not done a booth by myself, so any other Great tips you can share will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Deb:)

Hi Deb,

Congratulations on the grand opening of your friend's store! I'm happy to help you come up with some ideas for your cooking demo. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Breakfast: How about making a quick and delicious breakfast frittata using the 8" Executive Saute pan? You can pre-cook some bacon or sausage, then add in diced veggies and beaten eggs to the pan. Top with cheese and cook until the eggs are set. This is a great way to showcase the versatility of the pan and how it can be used for both stovetop and oven cooking.

2. Lunch/Snack: For a light and healthy option, you can use the 8" Stainless Saute pan to make a quinoa and veggie stir-fry. Cook the quinoa in the pan with some broth, then add in your choice of chopped veggies (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, etc.) and cook until tender. You can also add some protein like chicken or tofu for a more filling option.

3. Quick and easy appetizer: Use the 12" Executive Skillet to make mini grilled cheese sandwiches or quesadillas. You can pre-cut the bread or tortillas and have different fillings available for people to choose from. This is a crowd-pleasing option that is sure to draw people to your booth.

As for tips, here are a few that come to mind:

- Have all of your ingredients and equipment prepped and ready to go before the demo starts. This will save you time and make the demo run smoothly.
- Engage with your audience by explaining each step of the recipe and asking for volunteers to help with certain tasks.
- Offer samples of the finished dish to people passing by your booth. This will entice them to stop and watch your demo.
- Have recipe cards or brochures available for people to take home with them.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes or improvise. This will make the demo more relatable and fun.

I hope these ideas and tips help you out. Best of luck with your cooking demo and the grand opening!

Happy cooking,

Hi Deb,Congratulations on your friend's new store and your opportunity to do a cooking demo there! It sounds like a fun and exciting event. Here are a few ideas for quick and easy recipes that you can make in the 12" Executive Skillet, 8" Executive Saute pan, or 8" Stainless Saute pan:1. Breakfast: How about making some delicious breakfast burritos? You can cook the eggs, veggies, and meat (if desired) in the skillet and then wrap them up in tortillas. You can also add some cheese and salsa for extra flavor.2. Lunch/Snack: One idea could be to make some mini grilled cheese sandwiches in the 8" Executive Saute pan. You can use different types of bread and cheese to add variety, and maybe even offer some dipping sauces like tomato soup or ranch dressing.3. Another quick and easy lunch/snack idea could be to make a simple stir-fry in the 12" Executive Skillet. You can use pre-cut veggies and your choice of protein (tofu, chicken, beef, etc.) and cook them in the skillet with some soy sauce and other seasonings.As for tips for a successful cooking demo, here are a few suggestions:1. Make sure to have all your ingredients and tools prepped and ready to go before the demo starts. This will save you time and make the process smoother.2. Engage with your audience by explaining what you're doing and why you're using certain ingredients or techniques. This will make the demo more interesting and educational for them.3. Offer samples of the food you make, but also have some pre-made samples ready to hand out in case people don't want to wait for them to be cooked.4. Have some recipe cards or flyers with information about the products and where they can be purchased. This will help promote your friend's store and potentially lead to sales.I hope these ideas and tips are helpful for your cooking demo. Best of luck and have fun!

1. What are some quick and easy recipes to make in the 12" Executive Skillet, 8" Executive Saute pan, or 8" Stainless Saute pan?

Some quick and easy recipes that can be made using these pans include omelets, stir-fry, sautéed vegetables, grilled sandwiches, and pan-seared chicken or fish.

2. How long does each cooking demo usually last?

Each cooking demo typically lasts around 15-20 minutes, depending on the complexity of the recipe and the number of people in attendance.

3. What are some ideas for a quick breakfast and lunch/snack to demonstrate?

For a quick breakfast, you could demonstrate how to make a breakfast skillet with eggs, potatoes, and vegetables. For lunch or a snack, you could demonstrate how to make a grilled cheese sandwich or a vegetable stir-fry.

4. Do you have any tips for managing a booth by yourself?

Some tips for managing a booth by yourself include being organized and prepared with all necessary ingredients and cooking supplies, engaging with customers and answering any questions they may have, and practicing your demos beforehand to ensure a smooth and efficient presentation.

5. What other tips do you have for a successful cooking demo?

Other tips for a successful cooking demo include promoting your demo beforehand through social media or flyers, having clear and concise instructions during the demo, using high-quality and visually appealing ingredients, and offering samples for customers to try.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• malori
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
malori
  • PChefPEI
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies