• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Indoor Grill Pan: How Long Does it Take to Grill Pork Tenderloins?

In summary, the indoor grill pan will probably take longer than the outdoor grill to grill the pork tenderloin.
spoiledchef
So, in theory, should it take as long to grill on the grill pan indoors that it takes to grill on an outdoor grill? I'm asking b/c I've grilled chicken on the grill pan before, but never really paid attention to how long it took. I'm wanting to grill some pork tenderloins this evening for supper, and they take roughly 30-40 minutes outdoors on the grill, so I'm wondering if that's what it will take indoors on the grill pan. Anyone know? TIA

It will probably take longer because the heat isn't circulating like it does on a grill. Since the grill has a lid (assuming that's how you cook it) that would be faster. I've done pork tenderloin on the grill pan before but I can't remember for how long. I may have even stuck it in the oven to finish it off because I was getting impatient. Good luck!

I think I made some type of chipotle rub pork tenderloin that was a recipe from the PC website. It was yummy!

Thanks Becky...I think I may season them differently...one with the new Sweet & Smoky Barbecue Rub, and one another way...not sure yet. How long and at what temp in the oven? I have the professional grill pan, so I guess 350, huh?

I also think it has to do with the thickness of the pork & if its on the bone....I have grilled pork cutletswhich were about 1/2 - 3/4 in & they cooked up really fast. Also you dont have to cook pork to death either....HTH

Well, luckily, I now have the pocket thermometer, so I'll know exactly when it's done. I bought the pre-seasoned Bryan pork tenderloins at Walmart...they were on sale, and you can't beat that...$2.99, and one was $2.28...I bought FIVE!

spoiledchef said:
Well, luckily, I now have the pocket thermometer, so I'll know exactly when it's done. I bought the pre-seasoned Bryan pork tenderloins at Walmart...they were on sale, and you can't beat that...$2.99, and one was $2.28...I bought FIVE!

Are you going to cook them whole or slice them up???

I will cook them whole, and then slice. Is there a better way? I'll do it in the grill pan.

spoiledchef said:
I will cook them whole, and then slice. Is there a better way? I'll do it in the grill pan.

I love pork no matter how its cooked, the pre seasoned ones are great..arent they?

I'm hoping so...it's been a while since I bought them. I was going to season them myself, but why bother when you buy it already done...LOL! Do I need to still remove the silver skin, or should they have already done that since it's seasoned? TIA

spoiledchef said:
I'm hoping so...it's been a while since I bought them. I was going to season them myself, but why bother when you buy it already done...LOL! Do I need to still remove the silver skin, or should they have already done that since it's seasoned? TIA

Sometimes its removed and sometimes it isn't - you'll have to look and see. (big help huh?):rolleyes:

I would probably sear on the grill pan and finish in the oven.

So, do you cover it to finish in the oven, or just bake at 350 until done? TIA

Our Jamaican Pork Tenderloin recipe on Pg. 37 of Stoneware Inspirations is my absolute favorite. I've done it in our Deep Dish Baker with the lid on. The oven temp is 425 degrees, and three of the tenderloins bake in just about one hour with all the veggies and apple slices the recipe calls for. I can get it to be ready to eat a bit faster if I cut the tenderloins into three or four portions each tenderloin. They are nice and moist and there will be a little juice from the vegetables baking with them.

This week, I used our new Jerk for the meat, and the seasonings mixture from the recipe for the veggies and apples. I did not want to use up the Jerk too quickly. It was mouth wateringly wonderful! I believe you can get the recipe via recipe search on CC.

I wouldn't think you need to cover it in the oven.

Okay, thought I'd update. I ended up searing it in the grill pan on all sides, and then I baked it at 350 for about 30 minutes. Once it rested, it was just right. I'm LOVING the pork tenderloin...great leftovers, too (I'm eating it now). :)

I took a tenderloin out the freezer for DH to make later this week. He looked at me funny when I told him he was in charge of making it. "It's too cold to grill" he said with a panicked look on his face. Then I reminded him of our grill pan. :)

Thanks for the update, Sherrie. I'll let my DH know. :D

1. How do I properly season my grill pan?

Before using your grill pan for the first time, wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Then, coat the cooking surface with a thin layer of vegetable oil and preheat the pan on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Once the pan cools, wipe off the excess oil with a paper towel. Repeat this process every few months to maintain a non-stick surface.

2. Can I use metal utensils on the grill pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the grill pan as they can scratch and damage the non-stick coating. Instead, use heat-resistant silicone or wooden utensils to protect the surface of the pan.

3. How do I clean my grill pan?

After each use, let the pan cool down before washing it with warm, soapy water. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scouring pads as they can damage the non-stick coating. For tougher stains, soak the pan in warm water for a few minutes before scrubbing with a soft sponge or brush. Dry the pan thoroughly before storing it.

4. Can I use my grill pan on an induction stovetop?

Yes, most of our grill pans are compatible with induction stovetops. However, we recommend checking the product details or consulting with a Pampered Chef consultant to ensure compatibility.

5. How do I prevent food from sticking to the grill pan?

To prevent food from sticking, make sure to properly season the pan (see question #1). Also, preheat the pan on medium heat for 5-10 minutes before adding food. Avoid using high heat, and do not overcrowd the pan. Finally, lightly coat the food with oil before placing it on the pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • janezapchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mmoran4pc
  • babywings76