• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Improving the New Web: Feedback and Solutions from an Advanced Director

I've been able to enter, print out my order, and be ready to serve my guests in under 10 minutes. This is something that needs to be fixed. I also think that the website should be able to be changed after it is saved. If a host changes their mind or something, the customer shouldn't have to penalize themselves because of it. I think that an app-like system that would work on a computer would be a great solution. This way we could still enter orders without having to be on a smart phone or iPad. I also agree with you that the product look up needs to be improved.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I have been asked to give feedback to HO about the New Web. Besides that it does not work, my major concern is that it will force everyone to own either a smart phone or an iPad. I do not have the resources to purchase a $500 item and I am an Advanced director. My fix for this would be an app-like application that will work on a computer so we can continue entering orders at a show. It is much too slow and cumbersome to enter them while on the internet.

I would love to hear just 1 thing that you are concerned about and what solution you see for it. I do not intend to complain or 'bitch' to HO about the New Web, but I want to lay out our concerns and present solutions.

The math has to be right every time.We should be able to make changes on the show after it is saved. Hosts change their mind or don't do their job and we want to still service the customers that do buy without penalizing them because the show didn't hit $150 (combining shows). We should be able to enter the name and the products and go back later to add the rest of the info. That's what I do now. I'd be fine with the show not being submittable until the info was there.I'll get back with more...Trying not to be complainy here... Solution? Pattern the new system after P3.

I haven't used it yet -- and don't look forward to having to! Wish I could help....

I truly want to be able to print receipts. I need LESS handwriting to do, not more ... and right now I'm having to hand write receipts for anyone with an outside order that I don't get an email addy for. That is a necessary addition.

RECEIPTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I, along with several others I know, do many Fundraisers. I have said it on FB and will say it again...If HO thinks that I am going to hand write out 75+ receipts at a clip, they are NUTS. My guests will go without (or I will photocopy the OOF they fill out and call it good even thoguh they are not valid). HO can figure it out should they need to return something but I will stop offering Fundraisers before I handwrite the receipts for such large quantities of orders. (and last year over $15k of my sales were from fundraisers)

I'm not on the new web. The biggest thing that has struck me is people saying it takes more steps and longer to enter an order in the new web than in P3, especially if they have to look a product up. The other biggie seems to be the problem with doing online orders, not only for shows but for indiv. orders. This leads to the 3rd issue, which is the need for customers to create an account. I mentioned it to DH. He's a programmer. They were starting a new project and initially were going to just go by people's e-mail and quickly realized this was not going to work. They now combine e-mail with name to create a unique individual. PC needs to have more than one data field (e-mail) to recognize a person.

Here are a few of my concerns:
1. The inability to change information on a guest or host once it is in the system. I have entered emailed incorrectly, now those guest (and one host) have accounts tied to them with incorrect emails.
2. People change their email addresses! If a person is hacked, they will change. Then they have to start a whole new account.
3. The continual click to save, wait, scroll back to where you were. It is so incredibly time consuming
4. The product look up is horrible. P3's is awesome. They need to incorporate that into the new system.
5. No notification of a show receiving an online order. They just show up, so you are unprepared. We need to get a notification and a way to review it, just like in the old system.
6. The lead system is horrible too. No way to track it, it should have checks & balances to make it fair to everyone, and it should go back to team leaders and above. A consultant who only does 1250, even if it were regularly, is ill-equipt to help someone looking for business information.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

I agree with a lot of the points above!

I completely agree with what you said, Wendy about needing some solution for non iPad/Smartphone users to be able to enter orders "offline". The last couple shows I've entered have been brutally slow. Even if I had a wireless plan to use with my laptop, I couldn't make guests wait for the screens to save, etc.

Guests should also be able to update their email address in their account info. A plus would be the option for them to save a CC for purchases.

We should be able to print receipts for guests that aren't online.

The product lookup is tough, and still doesn't always work.

I'd like to be able to look up a past host discount number without having it take me totally out of the show cart. If we could look it up, find the host, click a button that updates that guests's contact info and takes us right back to her order in the show cart - that would be great.

I was asked to be on this call ad well Wendy. Someone brought up a great point... how is this system going to function at month end when 10,000+ people are all online at the same time trying to enter shows.. CRASH!

Ability to add a co-host after the show is created.Ability to change/update customer or host information after it is entered. (and deleting the entire show and starting over isn't the answer).Shows that have on-line orders who don't reach the required $150--can't see pymt information so you have to call each customer and get it again to be able to process their order. There has to be an easier way.Consistency in Tech. My new gal now has a personal tech assigned to her with his direct number (b/c instead of making $ she is making phone calls to HO about issues everyday!), but prior to that would be told many different answers to questions and a lot of it just wasn't true. They need better training if they are going to be helping us.Tax rate: Give it to us when we set up the show like before and PLEASE make it figure correctly. I'd REALLY like our new people who have struggled beyond belief in the new system to have the option to go with the old until it is truly fixed.

jennyl said:
I agree with a lot of the points above! I completely agree with what you said, Wendy about needing some solution for non iPad/Smartphone users to be able to enter orders "offline". The last couple shows I've entered have been brutally slow. Even if I had a wireless plan to use with my laptop, I couldn't make guests wait for the screens to save, etc.Guests should also be able to update their email address in their account info. A plus would be the option for them to save a CC for purchases.We should be able to print receipts for guests that aren't online.The product lookup is tough, and still doesn't always work. I'd like to be able to look up a past host discount number without having it take me totally out of the show cart. If we could look it up, find the host, click a button that updates that guest's contact info and takes us right back to her order in the show cart - that would be great.
Not sure if they added this or I just never saw it but there IS now a spot (can't remember the verbage... i think it says host lookup) over to the right of the "apply" button by the host discount box. I used it yesterday and it worked great!

I would love to be able to continue my practice of not accepting checks. We need to be able to submit balanced shows even if there are "missing" payments.

Chef Kearns said:
I would love to be able to continue my practice of not accepting checks. We need to be able to submit balanced shows even if there are "missing" payments.

We don't have it in Canada, but from what I've heard this is my biggest concern. My hosts often pay for their outside orders on their cards, or I have customers that combine orders and want to pay with 2 cards, so I fudge around with payments. Or when I do booths, I offer free shipping with pick up, so I combine everything on one or two orders, and then if people pay with credit, I have to put their cards on someone else's order at a later date.

I really don't want that opportunity to go away!

I wish they'd edit our phone number display! So annoying (and hard to read) the numbers all strung togehter. How hard is it to edit them to regular xxx-xxx-xxxx format?

pamperedlinda said:
I wish they'd edit our phone number display! So annoying (and hard to read) the numbers all strung togehter. How hard is it to edit them to regular xxx-xxx-xxxx format?

YES and I think it's unprofessional looking.

flemings99 said:
YES and I think it's unprofessional looking.

Also, the contacts that were imported from P3 have the formatted look with ( ) - .... but when you pull up one of those to use as a guest on a show it makes you change the format.
So the request - either change the formatting or when contacts are imported - clean that formatting up for us.

jennyl said:
Also, the contacts that were imported from P3 have the formatted look with ( ) - .... but when you pull up one of those to use as a guest on a show it makes you change the format.
So the request - either change the formatting or when contacts are imported - clean that formatting up for us.

And the funny thing about that is when we put those phone numbers IN P3 we did it without the dashes. P3 changed it to that formatting!

I don't remember where I read it, but someone said that the "Contact Me" option doesn't work on the new web. So, I tried it last night with one of my other email addresses. I still haven't recieved anything from it to my PC email...possibly the reason why we aren't getting leads? Maybe customers are trying to contact us this way and we aren't getting them? :( I just don't understand how HO could release a system with this many issues into production!!!

well Linda, that would explain it!!! Can you believe that this could even be the truth.. think about how much business the company has lost!! Unthinkable!

I'm going to have a few of my friends try it for me too.

OMG if that is true, what a disaster!!! Imagine all of those customers bad mouthing PC because they tried to contact someone and got no response. Even worse if they went back online and tried to contact someone else and get another no response.

I just went to my new website and clicked on host a show and it gave me the salsa error page and redirected me to the PC.com main page!!

I did a search for myself on the old and new web. Both take me to my old site. When you search for a consultant in your area and I come up, it takes you to my old website. Where the hell is my new one!!?? If I'm on the new web, search from the new web, shouldn't a new web website come up? Some people's do, others, like mine, do not.

I just tried the "contact me" thing. Still waiting for a notification.

Update: it did come through. I did it through the old web. I'll try the contact me thing through the new web and see if it works.

This came from my NED on July 9th:"I just got off a call with Marla, Jean, and Kelly Smith, our Chief Marketing Officer. Tens of thousands of Consultants are clogging up the lead/contact me system testing it. So many consultants are playing in the system, says Marla, that the HO can not run accurate analysis of REAL searches from customers. Please let's all stop testing the system so they can work on figuring it out."I suggested to her that HO send out an e-mail or something about this to everyone and not rely on our uplines to pass along the word (thankfully I have an upline that does, but I know everyone isn't so lucky.)

finley1991 said:
This came from my NED on July 9th:

"I just got off a call with Marla, Jean, and Kelly Smith, our Chief Marketing Officer. Tens of thousands of Consultants are clogging up the lead/contact me system testing it. So many consultants are playing in the system, says Marla, that the HO can not run accurate analysis of REAL searches from customers. Please let's all stop testing the system so they can work on figuring it out."

I suggested to her that HO send out an e-mail or something about this to everyone and not rely on our uplines to pass along the word (thankfully I have an upline that does, but I know everyone isn't so lucky.)

This is the first I've heard that request. But, I have a hard time believeing that tens of thousands are doing this. Most of us are staying far far away from this disaster.
If consultants are clogging this up, just imagine what will happen when it's all we've got to work with :(
and it's the end of the month :(
End of a a special incentive month :(
On a Sunday, when NO ONE is at HO to help us!!! :( :( :(

Okay, I am hijacking this post back.... Can we keep with constructive criticism here so I can present something to HO on Monday? I am looking for problems, but also what you see as the solution.

pamperedlinda said:
This is the first I've heard that request. But, I have a hard time believeing that tens of thousands are doing this. Most of us are staying far far away from this disaster.
If consultants are clogging this up, just imagine what will happen when it's all we've got to work with :(
and it's the end of the month :(
End of a a special incentive month :(
On a Sunday, when NO ONE is at HO to help us!!! :( :( :(
Agreed. I've been doing shows in the new web and haven't experienced any problems (knock on wood) and the data entry is getting A LOT faster for me (I remember how it seemed to take forever getting used to P3... this is a similar feeling). I'm starting to like it more and more. I think it's frustrating as well to read "I'm not on the new web but these are the problems..." How do people know if they're not using it? Also, I'm finding that a lot of the problems/issues that people are complaining about have already been resolved. HO just needs to be better at communicating to us what is working, what has been resolved and what is not working... IMO.For now, regarding the find a consultant/contact me part, I'm including in my weekly newsletter that for the time being, that function on my website is wonky and for people to contact me directly. Not ideal, but that's the best way I can think of to handle it until it's all sorted out.The EOM issue scares me... I agree with the site crashing on incentive months and tech support not being available, etc. That is definitely a concern. Maybe our new product collection will be WINE and they will supply it to us FREE for when we're dealing with all of this. A girl can only hope...

Another comment...followed by possible ways it could be improved.

When we are in a person's order in the show cart, there are multiple places where we hit a button to save or update the cart or add/save. Each time we save, it takes some time for it to submit, and then focus of the page goes back to the top instead of staying where we are. Both aspects make it time consuming to enter the order.

Ideas:
1) Could this save as you go, but in a way that it's still easy to edit if there are changes (*This would be my preferred option)

2) Could there be an option for a master "save" for the whole screen, but in a way that it's still easy to edit if there are changes

3) When saving, keep the focus (where the cursor) is in the same spot.

In addition to the alteady mentioned suggestions, Less clicking and saving. No requirement to click ok when we do saveLess clicks to get to consultant connectionAutomatically send receipts and add contacts upon show submissionAllow easier process to look up contact, host & guest infoReport and expense abilityEasier access to links, pop up boxes more visible and easier to click. Reduce need to scroll Catch guard for guest special eligibility, etc. Ability to resend receipts if necessary

Another thing that I would like to be able to do is add the replacement parts to a customer order on a show (as non commissionable, and non counting towards guest sales) but at least to save some of the direct shipping that now applies to them.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Less clicking and saving.

No requirement to click ok when we do save

Less clicks to get to consultant connection

There will be less clicking when all consultants are on the new web. We have to click so much at the moment because we are running on both websites at the moment. Thankfully that will go away. HTH!

Seriously? They want constructive CRITICISM???? How about just keeping a log of the calls they receive, that should be enough. Or look on the loops. I know they are looking, I've gotten calls....The whole thing is ridiculously slow and cumbersome, I cannot imagine using it when I have a huge show to put in, I am dreading it. I will NOT actively recruit until this is fixed. They need to scrap it and start again, with consultants and IT people this time and not a focus group. Band-aid on a sieve is what they have now.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. I appreciate it. I will let you know if anything productive comes out of it tomorrow.

Wendy, my call had nothing to do with the web... did yours?

My call was just after yours. They wanted us to start with something positive and that took us to 10:30. They started late, I guess they were still on your call. The new web was like the elephant in the room that nobody wanted to talk about. It was mentioned breifly at first, but then someone got on a diatribe about the trips and lowering the earns, bringing back the gift card, being able to earn buy ins for kids. Good stuff. Then the new web was mentioned and the various points were brought out. Fixing the tax rates, being able to print receipts, the tediousness of hitting the submit and update to get to the next step in the process. I actually told Jean that I was a bit offended in her call to the Upper Levels when she told us the New Consultants were loving the new web. I told her it felt like a slap in the face to the seasoned consultants. The last thing that was brought up was the Lead System and that the leads should go to someone who has a firm grasp on the entire business, not just to someone who got luck and sold $1250 one month. They cut the call just after 11 am. So while I had more I wanted to say, I couldn't because there was not enough time.

our call got started late because they gave us the wrong call in number. The web was mentioned but basically it was "yeah we know it isn't working, yeah we are working on it, yeah we know it isn't the tool we had anticipated it would be"

So what exactly do you think the purpose of the call actually was?? All that hype to you all, and nothing really constructive happened? Did they just need a pat on the back for maybe doing something right? Or are they trying to see how many upper levels are on their way out?

I'm personally quite disappointed by your report. I know they are in quite a pickle here. But it seems like the end is near. I feel like we're on the Titanic with the same inevitable results.

I think they genuinely are aware that things are not going fantastically based on sales and recruiting, coupled with the web disaster, lack of trip earners. I think Chairman's Circle might have hit them hard. My NE said on a call today that when they were shown the product that was going to be given for sending in 2 shows in July, they all told them absolutely that was not a good idea. So they changed it, added the QSP for sending in shows before the 15th etc. I think they were looking to us to see where we are at. They know the web isn't working. Marla said that they are painfully aware of the issues with the web. I sent a follow up email with my concerns about the change in the lead system. Both the 1250 for everyone and the lack of leads that have been generated. I also said that I think directorship has been eroded with the changes in the career plan, increases in trip points etc. TL title is worth nothing now... 1 or 2% commission is about $25 a month to someone with a TL title..that's it.. all they get how much of a motivation is that really??

I sent a follow up email too. I like the idea of bringing back the gift card for the first level earners. It was my first stepping stone towards a trip. I also let them know that I was concerned with the cost that is associated with the new web change. Everyone will have to purchase/own an iPad in order for their businesses to run smoothly. An Android pad is not guaranteed to work and forget using a phone at a show. I also expressed my concerns over the new lead system. My NED told me that Marla is very upset about how the New Web has failed so spectacularly and if she could she would fire everyone. Leadership will be interesting.

the gift card was the stepping stone for me too!I said the same thing

pcjenni said:

I loved picking up my gift card at conference every year! It's a wonderful incentive for the consultants who don't do this business at a level to earn a trip, it made me feel like I had accomplished something special too!

Jenni and Wendy, thank you so much for sharing and your honesty. They have a wonderful company and some of the changes you have all mentioned her are great. I agree with the gift card. We used one towards a trip to Florida (it was great to take in February when it is still cold up north) and one to ring in New Year's in Ottawa, Ontario.

Wendy, I am glad that you mentioned the call to the Upper Levels. Yes, we must stay positive, however it must be balanced with reality.

The lead system has netted me several online sales, but ZERO leads...from May through July? And nothing is wrong? Really? I did a search last week but don't do as many as I have. Consultants that are 60 to 70 miles away were given for an address that is less than a mile from my house. As Judge Judy says...don't pee on my leg and tell me it is raining!!

My NED told me that Marla is very upset about how the New Web has failed so spectacularly and if she could she would fire everyone. Leadership will be interesting.

I don't know about firing everyone. that is counter-productive. I'm all about fixing issues rather than wasting time placing blame...who cares? Just get to the point where it works better.

You know, I think one of my biggest issues with the lead system is that they just don't seem to give a rip about how many of us are offended by it. I personally told someone in upper management that slowly, over the past couple of years, being a director really doesn't mean anything any more and I personally feel kind of kicked to the curb. I KNOW people are telling them this, and the reaction is "tough, we are doing it this way". How hard would it be to change that back?

I told this person that I believe that directors are the bread and butter of this company, and that they are spending so much wooing and ooohing over both the new people and the upper-level achievers that those of us in the middle are somewhat disrespected. I told her "not everyone goes to the store for the newest and latest food, or filet mignon, but everyone goes for bread and butter. We are the company's bread and butter and we are not hardly accounted for". This person's response was ----BUPKIS!!!!--nothing.

I hope they work this out. I'm sorry that sales and recruiting are being impacted, but maybe just like our personal lives, sometimes it may take a crisis or big event to make us take stock of our priorities, maybe this will cause them to re-thing some things. The new web is cool (when they get it working), but I for one could have seen them spending $$ on some other things first.

well said Nancy! I sent a follow up email with this as well..

pcjenni said:

Yeah, I have been doing this for over 12 years. With the requirements for trips when I first started, I would have earned serveral by now. The 'carrot' keeps moving just out of my reach. I would at least most likely earned gift cards almost every year. I have been jumped on this before, but I just don't care about the trips any more. I would love it if they brought the cost on the high end of the trips down and spread that money around in the middle a little more.

Sandi

It was made clear on my call that the cost of the trips has increased for the company so the points go up. It was also made clear that they need to recognize and reward more than the top 1 or 2% of the company

Of course the trips have gone up. Duh. Everything has gone up. I have an idea: get more affordable trips and reward more people with SOMETHING than the top 1% with dream-of-a-lifetime trips every year. Quite frankly, if I am doing $15-20K a month I can probably buy my own trip to Ireland.....

1. How will the New Web impact those who do not own a smart phone or iPad?

As an Advanced Director, I understand your concern about needing to purchase expensive devices in order to use the New Web. Our team has received similar feedback from other consultants. To address this issue, we have suggested to HO the development of an app-like application that can be used on a computer. This would allow consultants to continue entering orders at shows without the need for a smart phone or iPad.

2. Is the New Web too slow and cumbersome to use for entering orders?

We have also received feedback about the speed and usability of the New Web for entering orders. Our team is aware of this issue and has suggested improvements to HO. We believe that with some updates and improvements, the New Web can become a more efficient tool for entering orders.

3. Will the New Web completely replace the current system for entering orders?

At this time, there are no plans to completely replace the current system for entering orders. The New Web is meant to provide additional options and features for consultants, but the current system will still be available for those who prefer to use it.

4. Will there be training available for using the New Web?

Yes, there will be training available for using the New Web. We understand that this is a new tool for consultants and we want to ensure that everyone is comfortable and knowledgeable in using it. We will be providing resources and support to help with the transition to the New Web.

5. How can I provide my feedback and concerns about the New Web?

We value your feedback and encourage you to share your concerns and suggestions for improvement with us. You can reach out to your Director or Senior Consultant who can then pass on your feedback to HO. You can also submit your feedback directly to HO through the Contact Us page on the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • Sheila