• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Just in From Ho - Price Increase

In summary, the Pampered Chef Personal Web Site Support Team is going to have to increase the subscription prices for Personal Web Sites. The new rates go into effect when you renew your subscription anytime after September 1, 2007.
chefann
Gold Member
This just came through email.

Tech Support said:
Over the last three years, we've been able to offer you exceptional Personal Web Site tools and service, while keeping subscription prices down. Unfortunately, like everything else, the costs associated with supporting Personal Web Sites have increased over the years. In order to continue to offer Personal Web Site improvements, we'll need to adjust the subscription price. The rate increase will go into effect when you renew your subscription anytime after Sept. 1, 2007. The new
rates are as follows:
Six-Month Subscription
$54

12-Month Subscription
$96

Based on your valuable feedback, we've been able to bring you many improvements over the years. For example, we've made the way customers order products simpler and easier to understand. Also, we added the online catalog to outside ordering for your Shows. All of these improvements have helped you experience even more business success.

Here's what Vermont Advanced Director Laura Aridgides has to say about her success with Personal Web Sites: "I love my Personal Web Site! The increase in outside orders and attendance at Shows as a result of my site can cover the annual fee. Plus, each month, I get individual orders from people I don't even know!"

Use your Personal Web Site as a tool to maintain your business and reach new
customers!

Sincerely,
The Pampered Chef Personal Web Site Support Team

Last edited:
I rarely get website orders and still play around with the thought of letting it go. I think people "look" at it but they do not order.

I would LOVE a hit counter so I would know!

I don't even remember what I am paying now for a year so I guess i wouldn't notice the increase.

You beat me to posting the email! Bummer, just as I was going to resubscribe at the yearly fee only $78- now I will do 6 months at a time! Price increases although inevitable most of the time, just plain suck! I just hope shipping doesn't go up to much the next time around!

Last edited:
Yea if I renew I will only be doing it for 6m!

That is good to know. I was debating doing only six months or doing a year. Clearly it makes sense for me to do a year since my renewal date is august 7th.

So can we renew now at the lower yearly rate even if we have not been notifed that we need to renew?? I need to check when my 6 months ends

I do not think you can renew in advance. It charges your debit/credit card on the renewal date. I cannot find a "renew & pay now" option.

To see when you need to renew, click on the PWS link in CC, then click on site options. It lists the date the renewal will happen.

AAAUUUUGGGGHHHH... mine is due Sept 8... I'm going to do the year before the increase as well!

that STINKS! I may just have to call HO and ask about this one! :)

The website says:

-When changing your billing cycle, you must re-enter your payment information

Does that open the door for early renewal? I'm sure if I did it early then I'd be losing the 8 days or whatever but .... hmmmm ....

ugh - I HATE price increases, but indeed they are inevitable...everywhere. But, I must say...I get $300-$500 in online orders each month with WAY more than that around the holidays...so I certainly can't complain about the price increase.

quiverfull7 said:
The website says:

-When changing your billing cycle, you must re-enter your payment information

Does that open the door for early renewal? I'm sure if I did it early then I'd be losing the 8 days or whatever but .... hmmmm ....

Call HO, I'm assuming that it means that you have to reenter your entire credit/debit card information when updating the time period to be billed for but I could be wrong.

dannyzmom said:
ugh - I HATE price increases, but indeed they are inevitable...everywhere. But, I must say...I get $300-$500 in online orders each month with WAY more than that around the holidays...so I certainly can't complain about the price increase.
Man I'd say it's worth it for you Carolyn! Must be a perk of Directorship, HO leads!;)

Even at the increased price I do think it's worth it... I have lots of people use it just to look at products etc. I did call HO and I cannot renew early... boo... I'll just do it by the 6 mo from now on as well! :)

dannyzmom said:

Wow, is that really from HO leads? Or do you have some fabulous way to promote your site that you can share with us?

So... can we renew early? Did anyone find out?

angmillar said:
So... can we renew early? Did anyone find out?

No you cannot renew early:

quiverfull7 said:
I did call HO and I cannot renew early... boo...

Ah, thanks! I missed that post!

my renew date is the 6th of aug but im not sure if i want to renew b/c since i have had the site i have gotten any orders so im not sure about renewing

sfdavis918 said:
Wow, is that really from HO leads? Or do you have some fabulous way to promote your site that you can share with us?

Many are from HO leads but I'd say at least 75% are from my promoting my site. I have my web address on everythin g- my biz cards, my catalogs, my car...every flyer, every invitation. I also put a flyer in my host packets to promote use of my website - I'll attach it here.

Attachments

• Whatcanmywebsitedoforyou[1].doc
    229.5 KB · Views: 376
I really promote my website also - and have been averaging $200 a month in individual orders from my website........(And I'm not a director and don't get HO leads!)PLUS - I just now received the following email from a host - she just hosted a show in June. I sent out my email newsletter - which is just a couple paragraphs - and directs people back to my website - here is her response to the email:"Hey, I am very excited about the new product re-designs and am thinking of a October party(I kinda want the deep baker and what a deal) But I am thinking of doing an 8 point party since we are doing Weight watchers here, Give me a call early next month to get me on the books, lots of different people to invite when my husband is back to school!! Thanks a bunch
Ingrid"
This email proves that people are reading my Website - the product redesigns, the Oct. Host Bonus, and the 8 PT. party are all from different articles in my News section!So - I think it is worth it! I know that I don't have the talent or time to maintain the type of website that I am able to maintain thru PC!

sfdavis918 said:

Many are from HO leads but I'd say at least 75% are from my promoting my site. I have my web address on everythin g- my biz cards, my catalogs, my car...every flyer, every invitation. I also put a flyer in my host packets to promote use of my website - I'll attach it here.

dannyzmom said:
That's awesome Carolyn, thanks for sharing!

dannyzmom said:
I agree....and with all of the upgrades and improvements they've made over the past 6 months (they do still have a ways to go), it's not a shock that they have to increase the fee.

There's NO question that as a Director yo'ud want a website because you get HO leads/orders directly on there. But, that aside, my website sometimes generates several hundred dollars of orders just from outside orders from shows per month. And in July I had two catalog shows that soley were online orders and granted, they were small shows (about $240 each), they probably wouldn't have happened if we didn't have the online option. If some of you are not thinking the website is worth it, definitely promote ONLINE/WEB shows. That is SO easy for people who do internet stuff a lot and have friends who do. I know I"ve gotten bookings for these that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise just because it's so easy.

I'm bummed about the increase, but it does come with the territory. To me, the $2 increase is well worth it. Especially because I think it'll keep getting better and we'll be able to do more with customer connections.

ChefBeckyD said:
I really promote my website also - and have been averaging $200 a month in individual orders from my website........(And I'm not a director and don't get HO leads!)

PLUS - I just now received the following email from a host - she just hosted a show in June. I sent out my email newsletter - which is just a couple paragraphs - and directs people back to my website - here is her response to the email:

"Hey, I am very excited about the new product re-designs and am thinking of a October party(I kinda want the deep baker and what a deal) But I am thinking of doing an 8 point party since we are doing Weight watchers here, Give me a call early next month to get me on the books, lots of different people to invite when my husband is back to school!! Thanks a bunch
Ingrid"

This email proves that people are reading my Website - the product redesigns, the Oct. Host Bonus, and the 8 PT. party are all from different articles in my News section!

So - I think it is worth it! I know that I don't have the talent or time to maintain the type of website that I am able to maintain thru PC!

Becky, thanks for the idea about referring people to your website through your newsletter. I saw it a couple of days ago & tweaked it to fit my newsletter. I just sent it out & am hoping more people will visit & order/book parties!

If I had one wish ... I could use my PC website as my monthly newsletter. I have been thinking about subscribing to a newsletter service but I feel having the PC website I should be able to use that as my newsletter. The PC website just doesn't give me the flexibility I want. I wish there was a "newsletter" drop down that we could use when sending out e-mails from our PC website.

I can say from my experience that until I started promoting my website I did not get many orders. Now when I go over the catalog w/ my guests at shows I tell them whenever they have those late night urges to go shopping just turn the catalog over and go to shopping w/ PC. I talk about the outlet, and like carolyn my website is everywhere and I am starting to redirect people to my webpage via newsletter.I have had my website and the biz keeps increasing. I can't wait to see what it will be like this holiday season.

Okay, so I was thinking about subscribing to the website.... will they charge me the new price or the old one? I better do it now if it's the old price. I was debating doing it in the first place because I wasn't sure if it was worth it! After reading these posts, it seems like it is.

pkd09 said:
If I had one wish ... I could use my PC website as my monthly newsletter. I have been thinking about subscribing to a newsletter service but I feel having the PC website I should be able to use that as my newsletter. The PC website just doesn't give me the flexibility I want. I wish there was a "newsletter" drop down that we could use when sending out e-mails from our PC website.
ME TOO, ME TOO!!! I would love if they somehow could do that. I wouldn't be surprised if they do eventually. We really should email that suggestion to them. I'll have to search for what email address we should use, but they are very responsive for things like this when the demand is high. I would LOVE if they'd do that. I like the variety they've started to have with topics to email through Customer Connections, but I don't want to send 3 emails a month with various info. I'd love to put it all in one, as I do with my newsletter.:)

pamperedbecky said:
ME TOO, ME TOO!!! I would love if they somehow could do that. I wouldn't be surprised if they do eventually. We really should email that suggestion to them. I'll have to search for what email address we should use, but they are very responsive for things like this when the demand is high. I would LOVE if they'd do that. I like the variety they've started to have with topics to email through Customer Connections, but I don't want to send 3 emails a month with various info. I'd love to put it all in one, as I do with my newsletter.:)

The only problem I have with that - and maybe that can be fixed also - is that I know that a large portion of the time, when invitations are sent thru my website, they get dumped into junk mail folders, or never even make it past the ISP........I'd hate to lose out on all those contacts!

dannyzmom said:

Carolyn,
I absolutely LOVE your flyer!!:) I can see how this would be a big help to your hosts. I do have a question, though...do you change the password for each show? Do you create a password, or is it done for you?
This might be a dumb question, but do you set up ALL of your shows on the internet? Or just the ones who give you email addresses? :eek:
I've been trying to figure out ways to get more people to the website, so I appreciate all your ideas!!;)

Thanks so much!!
Paula

Ouch - My renewal is next month but I find that it is an important tool for my business

I talk my website up quite a bit, from shows to newsletters each month. I have only had 2 hosts use it and 2 web orders from the outlet (both from my SIL). I am weighing whether or not to renew.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Carolyn,
I absolutely LOVE your flyer!!:) I can see how this would be a big help to your hosts. I do have a question, though...do you change the password for each show? Do you create a password, or is it done for you?
This might be a dumb question, but do you set up ALL of your shows on the internet? Or just the ones who give you email addresses? :eek:
I've been trying to figure out ways to get more people to the website, so I appreciate all your ideas!!;)

Thanks so much!!
Paula
When you set up a show online, PWS generates the password automatically, You can't change it.

Carolyn (dannyzmom), What is the 2 paragraph newsletter you send out? I keep trying to put one together and it is really quite long. Yours is so short and effective. Please share.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Carolyn,

Thanks so much!!
Paula
I'm not Carolyn, but I will answer from my standpoint!

I set up all of my shows on my website. Even if my host doesn't even own a computer! That way, I can notate on the invitations: "Not able to attend? Visit my website and you can place an order for Suzy's show!" Also, I make sure the host knows that she can direct folks there who are from out of town or who she can't get a catalog to.

I am also attaching some notes on how to get the most out of your website that I downloaded from someone here!

HTH

Attachments

• website savvy notes from PC teleclass.doc
    39 KB · Views: 343
Paula R. Lewis said:
Carolyn,

Thanks so much!!
Paula

It's not "my" flyer - I got it from another consultant.

I set up ALL my shows on the web.

HO provides the password.

krzymomof4 said:
I talk my website up quite a bit, from shows to newsletters each month. I have only had 2 hosts use it and 2 web orders from the outlet (both from my SIL). I am weighing whether or not to renew.

Why give them a choice?

chefjwr said:
Carolyn (dannyzmom), What is the 2 paragraph newsletter you send out? I keep trying to put one together and it is really quite long. Yours is so short and effective. Please share.

What two-paragraph newsletter? I don't send out a 2-paragraph newsletter.
I do use the already-provided-for-us Customer Connection on our PWS though. I am too lazy to reinvent the wheel - LOL

dannyzmom said:
.....I do use the already-provided-for-us Customer Connection on our PWS though. I am too lazy to reinvent the wheel - LOL
For those of you that use Customer Connection on our PWS - are you SURE that your customers are receiving them? I tried this as a sample two days ago and sent one to myself - I have not received it yet. I also added myself to one of my hosts e-vite list a few months ago and sent myself an invite and I never got it either (both were sent to my personal email address not my PC one) I called HO when I didn't get the invite a couple of months ago and the guy I spoke to didn't have an answer for me. I haven't called them about this one yet. I've also had hosts tell me that when they call the guests that they haven't heard from from the e-vite lists that they have a few who said they never received the e-vite. I check my spam and junk folders, so I know that mine aren't hiding in there....have y'all had these issues?

Thanks for everyone's input. I think I have a couple of great ideas to use from all of you!!

You're the best!!

Paula

I don't soley rely on evites, I use this tool as a reminder because I learned the hard way that they didn't go out.Like Carolyn I don't give my hosts a choice on whether or not to use the site, I have about 90% of my hosts use my site.I also tell all my guests that there will be a new recipe on my site monthly and to bookmark my site and check back often. It works I get tons of compliments on the recipes that are posted.Also when you are doing fairs/booths advertise your webpage. I constantly get people coming up to me saying I don't want to have a show, I don't want to go but can I order. If I can't get an order there I make sure they have a recipe card w/ my webpage & a catalog of some sort (OLD/MINI), and direct them to my website. I received a $100 last December from a lady who picked up my catalog at a street fair I did a month into the biz(1 1/2 years before) and she went to my site later. It takes time, your website will not promote itself, and you will not see results right away. It's just like our biz, what we do today will show up on
our paycheck in 90 days.Yes I was bummed when I read the email today, but I just thought I need a couple extra orders a year and that will cover the increase.Okay off my soap box, sorry it's so long!

pkd09 said:

Send it as a suggestion -- I sent in an email with three suggestions I'd like to see on the website today after I got the increase email (I'd like to see a direct link to the outlet on the home page -- I've lost at least three outlet sales because my customers couldn't easily find it even with specific instructions so they ordered from PC.com and I didn't get credit for it; I'd like to be able to upload files and have my hosts be able to download them - like the HO OOF that I'd added my info to, some of my hosts have problems with email attachments so it would be convenient if they could go to my website and down load from a library; and my third suggestion was for notification of a saved order -- if a customer starts entering an order, but doesn't finish, I'd like to be able to know who they are so I can follow up. My invitations business has this capability so it is technically possible and is VERY helpful.)

Paula R. Lewis said:
Carolyn,

Thanks so much!!
Paula

I set ALL of my shows up through my webpage -- even if the host doesn't have email (then I use mine in the field), she may have friends or family members who can't make it and I put my web address on the invitations with a note that outside orders can be placed through the website. The website automatically assigned the host password when you set up a new show.

dannyzmom said:
Why give them a choice?

I set everyone up, but not everyone chooses to use it. You can't force a host to go to the website or send out electronic invitations. I send them their host password as part of the host coaching (both in an email from the website AND in my host instructions that I mail and email from my personal website),

pamperedlinda said:
For those of you that use Customer Connection on our PWS - are you SURE that your customers are receiving them? I tried this as a sample two days ago and sent one to myself - I have not received it yet. I also added myself to one of my hosts e-vite list a few months ago and sent myself an invite and I never got it either (both were sent to my personal email address not my PC one) I called HO when I didn't get the invite a couple of months ago and the guy I spoke to didn't have an answer for me. I haven't called them about this one yet. I've also had hosts tell me that when they call the guests that they haven't heard from from the e-vite lists that they have a few who said they never received the e-vite. I check my spam and junk folders, so I know that mine aren't hiding in there....have y'all had these issues?

Linda - that is what I was saying (but it might have been in a different thread) Sometimes the invites and letters from CC don't even make it past the ISP - and then they don't get bounced back to us - they get bounced back to PC. So we never know if someone has received an email from our website. We can check to see if it has been opened - but that doesn't tell us if it is actually sitting in their mailbox.

chefjwr said:

That was me! I send out an email that is just a couple paragraphs long - here is my one from August:

(remember - it's not pretty - just effective! I just sent it out yesterday - and already have an order for $45, and 2 bookings)

Attachments

• August Newsletter.doc
    27 KB · Views: 311
How do you not give them a choice in using your site? I set up the show, tell them their password, etc. I don't know how to "make" them use it.

krzymomof4 said:
How do you not give them a choice in using your site? I set up the show, tell them their password, etc. I don't know how to "make" them use it.

You can't make them use it - but if the show is set up online - then there is more chance of it being used......I put my web address on every invitation, with a little blurb about still being able to order from the show even if you can't be there. I have had hosts be so excited when they get notification of an online order - even though they didn't think anyone would choose that option.

I too would like the newsletter option. Would definatley make it worth the extra $$.

<h2>1. Why is there a price increase for Personal Web Sites?</h2><p>Over the years, the costs associated with supporting Personal Web Sites have increased. In order to continue offering improvements and maintaining the high level of service, the subscription price needs to be adjusted.</p><h2>2. When will the price increase go into effect?</h2><p>The new rates will go into effect when you renew your subscription anytime after Sept. 1, 2007.</p><h2>3. What are the new subscription rates?</h2><p>The new rates are $54 for a six-month subscription and $96 for a 12-month subscription.</p><h2>4. What improvements have been made to Personal Web Sites?</h2><p>Based on valuable feedback, improvements such as simplifying the ordering process and adding an online catalog for outside ordering have been made. These improvements have helped increase business success for users.</p><h2>5. What is the success rate of Personal Web Sites?</h2><p>According to Vermont Advanced Director Laura Aridgides, the Personal Web Site has been a valuable tool for generating outside orders and increasing attendance at Shows. She also receives individual orders from new customers each month, further contributing to her business success.</p>

1. Why is there a price increase for Personal Web Sites?

Over the years, the costs associated with supporting Personal Web Sites have increased. In order to continue offering improvements and maintaining the high level of service, the subscription price needs to be adjusted.

2. When will the price increase go into effect?

The new rates will go into effect when you renew your subscription anytime after Sept. 1, 2007.

3. What are the new subscription rates?

The new rates are $54 for a six-month subscription and $96 for a 12-month subscription.

4. What improvements have been made to Personal Web Sites?

Based on valuable feedback, improvements such as simplifying the ordering process and adding an online catalog for outside ordering have been made. These improvements have helped increase business success for users.

5. What is the success rate of Personal Web Sites?

According to Vermont Advanced Director Laura Aridgides, the Personal Web Site has been a valuable tool for generating outside orders and increasing attendance at Shows. She also receives individual orders from new customers each month, further contributing to her business success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mtayloruh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mtayloruh
  • JeannePaff
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
WoodenSpoon
  • chefjeanine