• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm curious, have you tried the new cookware yet?

and now it still has marks in it and I can't seem to scrub them out. Not too happy with SS right now.I tried wiping it with vinegar...let it sit for a moment and then wipe out and buff clean.

What do you prefer for cookware?

• Nonstick all the way! Love my Executive...

Votes: 65 87.8%
  • Either it doesn't matter. Have no prefrence...

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Absolutely only Stainless! Love the new line...

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Miss the lines which have been discontinued.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
schel
I am wondering what you think of the new cookware....
I like the Executive the best. Not particularly thrilled with the stainless, however like that we have the option to offer to guests now because some I have talked to will absolutely NOT use nonstick cookware. They think that it can make you ill. This is what some people have told me anyways. (Cancer risK)?
Schel

I put non stick all the way I absolutly love it but my DH really wants the SS set so I am aiming to get the set for free and then some open stock of the executie set

I just host coached a lady who only uses SS. She said just bought Emeril's set. I told her to call me in 18-24 months when she ready to repace it. I told her that I haven't heard good things about that particular set of cookware. I do wonder if Emeril really checks out every products he's putting his face and name on? Some of those other products are really crappy.

I would not talk down another line but talk about our lifetime guarantee and the benfits of ours.

I tried the SS today. I like the non-stick but I am also glad that customers have options. We are always watching our weight and I like that I have to use less oil with non-stick

i ahve a question about the SS why is it good that it doesnt have the copper plate? i have a customer that said it is crap unless it has a copper plate in the bottom. does anyone truly know what is the best?

With the SS has anyone had trouble cleaning it? I can't get my saute pan clean. I did try the dishwasher and now it still has marks in it and I can't seem to scrub them out. Not too happy with SS right now.

yellowolive5 said:
i ahve a question about the SS why is it good that it doesnt have the copper plate? i have a customer that said it is crap unless it has a copper plate in the bottom. does anyone truly know what is the best?

I read somewhere that copper is actually more expensive. Using aluminum gets just about the same results while keeping costs down.

I :love: :love: :love: my Executive (and Professional) pans! I am glad that we have SS as an option for customers who either (1) won't use non stick or (2) want a variety of cookware. I fall under the category of #2...I am glad that I will now have 1 or 2 ss pans for those FEW times that I feel like I need it!

At first, my goal was to get the SS covered skillet with my first points...but now I am leaning towards getting the Exec. Family Skillet and lid. I already have the professional family skillet and I use it soooooooo often that I want to upgrade to the Executive! Plus with the scrubbing that seems to go on with the SS I think I will just use my non-stick!

I used BarKeepers Friend on my saute pan when it looked all marked up from using it. Even though that works, and it wasn't too hard...I sure did think it was a pain in comparison to our non-stick....guess I am spoiled!!:blushing:

sfdavis918 said:
I read somewhere that copper is actually more expensive. Using aluminum gets just about the same results while keeping costs down.
Copper is also heavier...in order to have pans that are the same QUALITY as our ss set, if they had copper bottoms, they would be sooooooo much more heavy!

We also have aluminum sandwiched between both layers on the bottom as well as going up the sides. Cheaper made SS pans will have this "sandwich" only on the bottom, which creates hot spots on the sides where things will scorch and stick.

chefkugler said:
With the SS has anyone had trouble cleaning it? I can't get my saute pan clean. I did try the dishwasher and now it still has marks in it and I can't seem to scrub them out. Not too happy with SS right now.
Try wiping it with vinegar...let it sit for a moment and then wipe out and buff clean..:balloon:

I :love: my Executive cookware!!:thumbup:

I only have the 8" SS pan right now - and it's very nice - but I really think I'll prefer the executive set.

Generally, I love anything that's dishwasher-safe, but I love our Executive line too much to want to switch over to the stainless.Like many of you, I'm just glad to have the stainless as an option for my customers.

Try Cameo
chefkugler said:

Stainless steel cleaner. I use that on my SS all the time with no problems, I think it is less abrasive than Bartenders friend.

I am in the minority here...

I LOVE stainless steel. I have a set that I purchased back in 1988 (yes, that far back!) from Revere Ware, their top of the line at that point. It was pretty pricey, about $300 for the set back then. They have been great pans. I have used them everyday since then and no warping, still in great shape. That being said, I am very excited about our SS.

For those of us who are not used to SS, and use the Exec or the Professional lines, it might take a bit of getting used to. But either way, we now have an awesome line of cookware. Something truely for everyone!

I love my non-stick PC for most applications but already have enjoyed the stainless for some sauting/sauces, etc.

My hubby was not happy with having to scrub again but the reality is that stainless is not meant to be sold as an EZ cleanup line. It's features are the ability to broil, high heat capacity, abilityt to develop sauce flavors (fond) and being dishwasher safe. Try to keep in mind the pros and cons cause EACH line has some of each!

In terms of cleaning, I have already had to get out the Bar Keeper's Friend to get the 8 " saute pan to a clean interior finish. It wasn't hard at all, once I got it out of the depths of my cleaning product cupboard, but it was necessary to get it looking nice again.

What I did to test how the Bar Keepers Friend worked was to scrub the entire pan with soap, water and a brush; then only put the cleaner on 1/2 of the pan. Scrubbed. Rinsed. The side that I'd used the Bar Keeper's Friend on was totally spiffy and like new. The other side, just soap and water and brush, was not to pretty.

I'll still use executive for most of my cooking but I do have special receipes where I'll be willing to do the extra cleanup by using the stainless.

My true feelings aren't really expressed in the choices. There is a place for both, IMHO. I would NEVER make Rice Crispy Treats in the SS, but I can't broil in the nonstick.

I always had a problem finding the right cookware. As soon as I became a consultant I bought the Executive cookware and I never looked back. It's so easy to clean, I love it!

I didn't vote, because none of the choices fit my views.For most things, I love the Executive Cookware. It's an amazing set of cookware. I've wanted PC to carry SS pieces for a while, though. There are some things you just can't do for non-stick. My opinion is that if you're looking for a set of cookware to use for everyday cooking, get the EC. Supplement that with a few key SS pieces, and you'll have everything you need to make anything you want to cook.

I didn't vote either. I love love love my Exec, but I also want a few pieces of SS - mostly skillets. I'd also like to have a tea pot.

I think both the Exec and SS have their place. I'm really excited about the SS because I want a new set, and DH isn't too big on non stick. My mom is really excited about the SS.

I love, love, love the Executive nonstick cookware. I'm working to get the whole set. I haven't been too thrilled with SS in the past and from what I've read on here I will probably stick to using my great gradnmother's cast iron skillet for browning and making pan gravy.

Related to I'm curious, have you tried the new cookware yet?

1. How do I care for my new cookware?

To ensure the longevity of your new cookware, it is important to follow these care instructions: - Always use non-metal utensils to avoid scratching the surface.- Hand wash with warm soapy water and dry immediately with a soft cloth.- Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scouring pads.- If food becomes stuck on the cookware, soak it in warm water before cleaning.- Do not use high heat settings on the stove, as this can damage the cookware.

2. Is the cookware dishwasher safe?

Some of our cookware is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing to prolong its lifespan. Please refer to the care instructions on the packaging or product page for specific details.

3. Can I use metal utensils with this cookware?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils with our cookware as it can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating. We suggest using non-metal utensils such as silicone, wood, or nylon.

4. Is this cookware compatible with all stovetops?

Our cookware is designed to be versatile and can be used on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Please check the product page or packaging for specific details on compatibility.

5. Can I use this cookware in the oven?

Yes, most of our cookware is oven-safe up to a certain temperature. Please refer to the product page or packaging for specific details on the maximum oven temperature. Do not use under the broiler or on the stovetop when using in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • jessicafawn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Poll
  • jss016
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views