• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Consultant Struggling with Theme Show Supplies

In summary, Renee is a consultant and has approx. $350 in PC dollars. She is trying to offer as many theme shows as possible in her bookings binder, but she can't possibly get all of the products she needs without spending her own money. She offers a dilemma: she wants to offer a show, but she doesn't have all of the executive cookware she needs. She finds hope in hosting a fall kick off show to get the cookware at a decent price, but she is worried about spending too much of her own money. She offers a solution in which she substitutes other items. Her trifle bowl shows are popular and she has successfully sold 1 at each show. She thanks everyone for their helpful suggestions and says
chefpelkey
I've been a consultant now for about 3 months. I have approx. $350 pampered chef dollars in my account (yeah!) Anyway, here is my dilemma: I'm trying to offer as many theme shows as possible in my bookings binder. However, I can't possibly get all of the products I need w/o spending a lot of my own money. So, what do you guys do when you want to do a recipe but don't have all of the tools? Do you substitute something else? I'm thinking of hosting a fall kick off show in September to help me get the executive cookware at a decent out of pocket price. However, I really want the
12" skillet and grill pan too. I just feel like I don't have so much stuff to do my shows! :( :cry: Help, please. Thanks so much, Renee

Your still new and fresh and people will not expect you to have everything. I would keep it simple, and only offer like 3 theme shows and if you need to adjust the menu to the products you have I would do that.

You'll have forever to acquire the products, start slow. Yes, hosting a fall kick off is good, but brace yourself, aren't always the most profitable...But if you want the cookware at 60% off and can afford it, then YES BY ALL MEANS, Host a show in Sept!

Use your $350 in PC $$ to get some other things. I use the trifle bowl alot and the Forged Santuko Knife (large one). Its all about WHAT YOU will use.

I do Trifle Bowl Interactive shows and they have been awesome---guests are involved and takes the pressure off of you! I have some recipes I use on my website.

We cannot list the website here, but you know the first part the last part is

/vanessawilliams

GOOD LUCK!!

My director lets me borrow things when I need them. Can someone in your cluster do that for you?

A lot of things can be substituted... one knife for the other, I've used lemon juice because I don't have a juicer, and then say something like "PC sells this awesome juicer -- it's on page XX. It's one of the things I'm going to buy during September (explain the KE month when I get stuff at 40% off) so y'all just pretend I'm using that now... come on... "Oooh... Ahhh...")

I've found a little honesty and a little humor will go a LONG way.

I only offer recipes that I have the products for, however... I did have someone insist upon the Grapefruit / Chicken / Avacado Salad that was in the catalog, so I borrowed a bunch of stuff from my director. And fell in love with that grill pan...

You can also make anything into a theme show. Just because you don't have the tools to make one of the official recipes, doesn't mean you can't somehow link another recipe to that theme.

Don't forget you have Kit Enhancement month in your fourth month and get the discount on products.

I agree, you can substitute some items. I'm new and I basically keep to a small menu for the host to choose from until I build my collection. I do love the theme shows and do offer them in a binder for host and guest to look at. If they choose one that I can't substitue a product for than I would talk to my director.

I love the trifle and did purchase that to make a shows, at the 2 shows I did the demo with these I sold 1 at each.

Thanks to all for the wonderful ideas. My cluster is amazing! Miners mix are you out there? I just want to publicly thank you for always letting me borrow stuff when needed. You are the best. Thanks also to this site for all of the inspirational ideas and helpful suggestions. Keep them coming chefers! Renee

1. What are some tips for organizing my theme show supplies?

First, start by creating a list of all the supplies you will need for your theme show. Then, divide them into categories such as cooking tools, serving dishes, and decorations. Utilize storage containers or bins to keep everything in one place and label them for easy access. You can also consider investing in a rolling cart or caddy to transport your supplies to and from your shows.

2. How can I save money on my theme show supplies?

One way to save money on supplies is to utilize items you already have in your kitchen. For example, use a mason jar as a vase for a rustic-themed show or repurpose old baking tins as serving trays. Another option is to buy in bulk or wait for sales to stock up on popular items. You can also reach out to other consultants in your area to see if they are willing to loan or trade supplies for your theme show.

3. What are some creative ideas for theme show supplies?

Think outside the box and get creative with your theme show supplies. Use colorful dish towels as table runners, use a chalkboard or large picture frame as a welcome sign, or create centerpieces using kitchen utensils. You can also incorporate your products into the decorations, such as using a mixing bowl as a serving dish or displaying your kitchen gadgets on a decorative tray.

4. How can I ensure I have enough supplies for my theme show?

Start by estimating the number of guests you expect to attend and plan accordingly. It's always better to have a few extra supplies than not enough. Keep track of your inventory and replenish any items that are running low. You can also ask your host to provide some basic supplies, such as plates and cups, to help offset the cost.

5. What should I do if I forget to bring a supply to my theme show?

If you forget a supply, don't panic. You can always improvise or ask the host or guests if they have a similar item that you can use. For example, if you forget your serving tongs, you can use a fork or spoon instead. You can also make a note to yourself to remember the item for future shows or add it to your checklist for next time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • smaclean
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76